Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 15 surgery date

I am also getting ready for my June 15th surgery. I'm not nervous I'm just ready for Monday!! I wish you the best!

My date is the next day on June 16th. I too am nervous, and after 6 months of classes and doctor visits I can't believe it's finally here.

I wish you the best. I just got home from the hospital.My surgery was on the 10th. So far it has been so much easier than I ever expected. No complications. No pain. No problems. I'm glad to be home and at the same time felt like I got great care at the hospital. Hard to deal with the 10 lb gain but I was forewarned and I know that will go away now that I'm not getting IV fluids. I hope yours goes as well and look forward to making progress together on this site. Best to you.

Healthy Judy congratulation! Same here pain is less than i expected. Im looking forward to make the progress together and help each other :) . You see i now can smile :)

same day home and already posting -- wow. Take it easy and get lots of rest!

I finally lost the 10 lbs of surgery Fluid. It was hard being up while hearing on here how much everyone lost. I am now ready to join the losers club!!!!

Maggie and kclem - thinking of you and looking forward to your return.

Home 11 hours post op. I refused the nerve block since I am self pay. Has been a bit rough in the pain department. Now just trying to drink the Isopure. Don't like the taste so mixing it with diet cranberry. Today will be my third day post op and pain level in greatly reduced. So glad I'm on the other side????

Haybavet -I have no advice for stopping the hiccups but holding a pillow against your stomach when you hiccup might help the pain. Ouch!

Bigfatgoodbye- I can't imagine being home so soon. I wish you the best and hope the pain continues to lessen. Have you tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury or Muscle Milk?I really like the Unjury Protein chicken Soup and i like the chocolate mixed with strawberry gatorade (for carbs.) Muscle Milk light chocolate is good. The banana creme is great but has more ft and calories so it is only for this phase of the program when intake is so limited that the extra calories are fine.

Had surgery on Monday June 15th and just got home yesterday. My doctor wanted to make sure I did well on the liquid diet and make sure I passed gas! I'm already bored with liquids I can't seem to get my Protein in as I'm not even hungry. Not much pain just a little on left side. I only take my pain medicine at night cause it makes me very sleepy. Any advise on good Protein Drinks would be great!

Hi Tammy

I'm up late since I'm not allowed to take my melatonin yet and that is what usually helps me sleep.I'm not jungry either but just keep sipping anyway. For me it got easier after a few days. I found that it really helped to change my Protein shakes after a few days since they were getting boring. My powders are from unjury and I loved the chicken Soup at first but a few days after surgery they tasted too salty and I think contributed to Water retention. My first few days home I mixed Unjury chocolate with gatorade (to get in Protein and carbs at once.) The last few days I have had lots of lactose free fat free milk mixed with Decaf and Protein powder (vanilla, chocolate or unflavored.) I usually drink muscle milk for 1 meal a day. The banana creme is delicious but only for this phase of diet since it is higher in calories and fat. We take in so few calories right now that it fits in easier. I really like the Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate -- you can add the ff lactose free milk to get more carbs in. And I just ordered lots of flavored syrups (they even have Peanut Butter powder to try once my nutritionist says it okay. My stepdaughter bought me The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein Shakes and I'm looking forward to tasting the recipes once my syrups arrive. Gget in those fluids -- I just talked to someone who needed 2 infusions since she wasn't drinking enough and that was a good reminder to keep sipping all day long. You might try SF Jello or a popsicle for a change of pace. Wishing you the best. You will probably feel much better in 2 or 3 more days.This is so worth it!

I was sleeved Monday. I stayed in the hospital two nights and one night in a recovery house. I am doing well. No pain just soreness and uncomfortable when getting up from laying. No nausea. Just dealing with the hunger. I managed to get 65 gr of Protein yesterday so I'm pleased with that for now. I had my daughter pick up my scales while I was away. I refuse to think of this period as a weight loss period. For me it is a healing period. I will make an appointment next week to have my stitches removed and I will be weighed at that time.