Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I'm 2 months and 3 days PO and about 3-4 days of each week it is a STRUGGLE to eat - like I seriously don't want to chew and swallow. I don't feel bad, there is nothing medically wrong (I'm guessing) but my stomach just really doesn't want food in it. When I do eat, it doesn't make me vomit or anything, I just feel yucky (yes, I just used that very sophisticated term lol).

I'm losing weight just fine and go to the gym 4-5 days/week to do weight-training and cardio. I truly feel great, just hate the days when nothing seems to make my tummy happy. Is there anyone else dealing with this?

As a side note: I'm not getting in all my Protein (see reason above) and usually not all my liquid in either (though I don't feel or see any signs of dehydration). In addition, I am having to take the OTC gummy vitamins because all the other kind make me vomit. :(

Guess we'll know how these things are really effecting me at my next follow-up in July.

I'm about 3 1/2 months out, it gets less yucky Lol hang in there and try your best getting your Protein and liquids in this is still a struggle especially the liquid! Good luck.

Are you on a PPI? Maybe you have some reflux that is presenting as feeling yucky.

How are the shakes making you feel? You may want to go back to shakes and purees. That may be what your stomach is ready for right now.

For liquids play with temperature. Some people do better with hot, some with cold and some warm. Early on I preferred hot Decaf or herbal tea. Now I prefer very cold.

I don't like plain Water and drink much more if it is flavored with Mio or Crystal Lite. I sometimes Water down Chick fil A diet lemonade. I will drink watered down iced tea when out. I make decaf at home. Don't tell my doctor or NUT but drinking with a straw has also helped my liquid consumption.

work hard at slowing down your eating, it helps , a lot. I still have ,ajor liquids issues and I am working hard at staying hydrated. Some days , yes i dont feel like eating at all. and i had a good month or so where i really ate less than i should, and stalled hard because of it. Use Protein shakes as an adjunct to your diet. They meet both Protein requirements and liquids too. so you get a two fer on those.

Keep with it, you can do this and you will!

I am 20 months out and I have a comparable lack of interest in food some days. Honestly, the best thing to do is embrace it. You said you were healthy and you're working out, so hopefully you're getting enough basic nutrients. Past that, these are the best times for losing weight because in a few months you'll start getting hungrier and you'll start eating more and your weight loss will slow significantly. I was self-pay so there was no real harping about Protein, so I only started paying attention to it at about a year and a half, so some days I just didn't eat much of anything at all. I am now maintaining below goal and like you there are days where food just looks exhausting. I'll eat a few bites and be done, largely because anything with oil, fat, sugar, or sometimes random food makes me barf. I track my food in MyFitnessPal and there are days where I eat maybe 600 calories and days where I eat 1600. For me it all tends to balance out, so on days where food just looks disgusting and makes me feel awful, I don't stress out about it because I know that in a few days I'll be fine. When I was at your stage I was extra happy for those days because it allowed me to lose weight more quickly, which annoyingly enough still worked out to almost exactly 6 pounds a month (the last 4 pounds took me 4 months to lose).

Also, Vitamins make me super sick, so for awhile I only took the gummy vitamins and the last six months or so all I take is a B12 supplement and an Iron supplement. I actually just had all of my bloodwork done about 2 weeks ago and I came back almost exactly in the middle of every nutritional and CBC value, which I was curious about since I do eat so little and don't take a Multivitamin.

Less long version of my post...you're fine, enjoy the desire to not eat while you still can, lose the easy weight now, and in a few months when you're hungry and food is good again, think...man I wish food was still gross, lol.

Are you on a PPI? Maybe you have some reflux that is presenting as feeling yucky.

How are the shakes making you feel? You may want to go back to shakes and purees. That may be what your stomach is ready for right now.

For liquids play with temperature. Some people do better with hot, some with cold and some warm. Early on I preferred hot Decaf or herbal tea. Now I prefer very cold.

I don't like plain Water and drink much more if it is flavored with Mio or Crystal Lite. I sometimes Water down Chick fil A diet lemonade. I will drink watered down iced tea when out. I make decaf at home. Don't tell my doctor or NUT but drinking with a straw has also helped my liquid consumption.

I am on a PPI - every morning. This week I tried eating Pei Wei for lunch... WRONG choice. I have been having terrible reflux since then. The shakes are all just SOOOOOO sweet but I think you'r on the right track... think I'm going to back track a bit and take it back to the basics. I sure do miss eating spicy food though!! I'm a iced tea drinker... if I had enough here at work to keep me through the day, I'd not have any issues at all with liquids lol (and I drink through a straw as well - just can't go without it).

Thanks for the tips, tricks and ideas!

@AvaFern... thanks for sharing! I appreciate that there is someone else out there who can't follow all the RULES and still turned out fine. This break-up with food has been hard because there are times I just want to really eat - but I'm not angry or anything - I'm so glad to be feeling healthier and being able to go to the gym is a blessing.

@@Stevehud - man, that slowing down the eating thing is a chore. I do try, but sometimes I look up and I've eaten my "couple of bites" and did it all WAY TOO FAST! I'm a work in progress for sure ;)

I don't know your set up at work but Mio has drops that are sweet tea flavored. Small enough to carry in your purse. As long as you have access to Water you could have tea.

For the shakes I prefer Matrix made with milk. I don't think they are as sweet as Premier and don't seem as thick. I tend to use the vanilla most and add DaVinci SF Syrup. I have gingerbread, cinnamon/brown sugar, caramel, Peanut Butter.

SF DaVinci comes in a bunch of flavors. You can also add real Peanut Butter, frozen no sugar added strawberries, mangos or peaches or SF Hershey's syrup. I have added fresh fruit. I did not like it with kiwi.

The Matrix is not as convenient compared to the pre-made but I will frequently make it the night before.

Some people become lactose intolerant after surgery and whey can be an issue so you may need a different Protein drink not based on whey.

This is not ideal but I find that if I eat while I clean I really slow down how fast I eat. I take a bite. Clean a counter, take another bite, unload the dishwasher, bite, wipe down microwave etc... It is hard to mindlessly eat when you walk away from the food.

I wonder if at work you could take a bite, take a walk while you chew, take a bite, take a walk. The walk doesn't need to be far- maybe to the lunchroom or bathroom and back. Bonus is you get extra exercise in too.

Try the Syntrax products personally i love the Nectars, but even the sweets ( vanilla, choclate etc) are good as well. best bets are the fuzzy navel ( peach flavored) and for me Cappuccino, ( which i make with milk) and the lemonade and iced tea flavors. You can see my video taste tests of these products here in the videos section. As well as other products ive done taste tests for .

Keep up the good work. It all takes time.

OMG! I know this is an older post but this exactly how I feel and I am into week 3 (day16). I am struggling so hard on eating and drinking. I tried clock watching and drinking the 4 oz and wow it's just tough. I started off great, and then all of a sudden I just don't want anything, I practically gag on Protein drinks (I have 5 dif kinds including Isopure drink), I think I just fill up fast. On week 2 I was eating Protein Gelatin, yogurt, this week I did split a can of tuna and that was hell. Today I took a rotisserie chicken piece (2 oz and could only do 1.5 oz). I am not sure I can do 60-80 g right now. I did dehydrate Tuesday, temp was 99-100, chills I could not get rid off, felt horrible. I am great again, where you the same at the beginning?? I did switch to Vitamin patch today, after a week of Vitamins I loved, they started making me gag.

So, I'm 2 months and 3 days PO and about 3-4 days of each week it is a STRUGGLE to eat - like I seriously don't want to chew and swallow. I don't feel bad, there is nothing medically wrong (I'm guessing) but my stomach just really doesn't want food in it. When I do eat, it doesn't make me vomit or anything, I just feel yucky (yes, I just used that very sophisticated term lol).

I'm losing weight just fine and go to the gym 4-5 days/week to do weight-training and cardio. I truly feel great, just hate the days when nothing seems to make my tummy happy. Is there anyone else dealing with this?

As a side note: I'm not getting in all my protein (see reason above) and usually not all my liquid in either (though I don't feel or see any signs of dehydration). In addition, I am having to take the OTC gummy vitamins because all the other kind make me vomit. :(

Guess we'll know how these things are really effecting me at my next follow-up in July.