Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost cried at my doctors office

So Monday I went to my regular doctors office visit and I weighted my first at home before I left and I was 194 but then when I got to the doctors office it read 198 I almost started crying lol why do scales play with our emotions!! :(. Hahah!!

I weigh in the nude at home and scales are calibrated differently so you will see a difference at the Dr's office. Try not to stress yourself too much. Stress is bad for weight loss.

scales do not measure anything more than the gravitational pull of our bodies to the earth. Sometimes that's different depending where we are or how the scales are calibrated. I weigh about 10 pounds less at my mom's house in Southern California, but she weighs the same at my house. It's time to stop judging ourselves by that number on the scale -- it's just a checkpoint, that's all!!

Pick a scale you have regular access to, and ignore the others. The dr's scale will reflect the change, even if the starting point is different.

The journal I keep with my weight loss is from my home scale, I weigh every morning butt naked right after I get up. On the days I have my check ups with the doc I weigh myself once I am dressed again on my scale then when I get on their scale it usually pretty close within .5-.8 of mine at home fully dressed.

Doesn't bother me one bit what the doc scales say cause I go by mine. I know all scales will be different.

Hang in there as long as they are going down that I what matters!!

thank you all it was just a moment but i after i came home from the doctor weighted my self and it was still 194 at my house lol so ill keep it to what mine says lol

I was sleeved Monday by Dr Lavin in Metairie. I'm still having discomfort and gas. Any suggestions?

Walking helps a lot and some people here have said heating pads too!! If anything call your surgeon too see what he suggests

Hope you feel better

Thanks

post-250791-14335666244567_thumb.jpg

San this And thought it was appropriate for my post lol

My dr's scale is 3.5 pounds more than my home scale. I know how you feel. Go by your home scale since that's the one you're on most. I'm sorry :-/