Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who would you rather marry?

Congratulations to the newly wed..She Smiles!

I think the poll would have been very interesting to see who would marry for money. I've been married for ever, almost 40 years, whew that's a long time, LOL, (yeah to the same man).

If I marry a best friend, they are a best friend and that romance and high heartbeat thrill would be absent. The same goes for the romantic of my life. Romance only goes so far. So for a pick, someone who had a little bit of both.

I married the best friend I have ever had and he is also the most romantic man I have ever known , so I guess it is the best of both worlds.

I married my best friend. We have been together for 13 years and married for 11 and he can still get me in a dither so there is some heat there too.

As far as being romantic? - He is tarded in that department - he got me a pen for our anniversary for pete sake. However he believes that love, respect, and loyalty are the most important things in marriage so I will keep him.

If you marry just for heat - it fades. And if you just marry your friend (with no heat) then boredom sets in. I think you need a mixture of both.

I married my best friend (or so I thought), no heat and 11 years later we divorced. He was not at all what I needed or wanted after all. If and when I decide to marry again I want it all, starting with romantic love and growing into a wonderful friendship. I now know that in order to have a happy marriage you must have both.

Good poll.

Ana

I married one of each. I married my best friend first, to be practical. It was more like being married to my brother or son. He wanted a "Mommy". It wasn't that great. I then married my high school sweetheart who turned my world upside down at age 16. We've now been married 17 years and he still does it for me!!! I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm totally smitten.

I made the mistake the first time of marrying "my best friend". The sad thing was, we were too young, I had too many pieces of luggage, and in the end it didn't work out.

Worst part was that the divorce ended up nasty, and I lost my best friend.

When it was all over, I wished I had never married him, not because I regretted the marriage relationship, but because it's been like having my best friend die. 15+ years now since we split, and I still miss his friendship terribly.

I picked "neither" because I think you should marry someone who is both your best friend and your romantic lover... Marriage is forever (supposed to be anyway) so if you want it to last, you should look for both in your spouse.

I wish there was a "both" option... I would have picked that!

I 'married' the romantic and realized I'd found a 'best friend'. We've been together 28 years and I love him a bazillion times more than I did when I was a starry-eyed bride!

He's not 'romantic' in the classical sense. Not a lot of candy or flowers. But he always makes sure the air pressure in my tires is exact and that I get regular oil changes! And he never forgets to take out the garbage.

That's okay with me!! Those things have to be done....I can buy my own candy and grow my own flowers!! :wacko:

Recommended read: Five Languages of Love by Gary Chapman

Nana-That's the kind of man I married. One who I could depend on completely. He can also depend on me. So we have a great relationship and a great marriage. Sometimes the heat could be turned up a notch but I'd trade my guy for Brad Pitt anyday of the week. And believe me, Brad Pitt oozes heat as far as I'm concerned!!

Nana-That's the kind of man I married. One who I could depend on completely. He can also depend on me. So we have a great relationship and a great marriage. Sometimes the heat could be turned up a notch but I'd trade my guy for Brad Pitt anyday of the week. And believe me, Brad Pitt oozes heat as far as I'm concerned!!

I've never been able to join in when women are on men-bashing rants.

I realized a long time ago that Mike on his WORST day is better than a lot of husbands on their BEST day, so I've got no complaints.

I told him this morning that I'd read a lot of posts on here about infidelity and such following banding and weight-loss. We find it puzzling to say the least, but both agreed that if we see even a HINT of a problem, we're going for counseling. We both know we have something special and don't ever want to take it for granted or jeopardize it.

We've already planned out a weekend get away for every 20 lbs lost!! ;)

:kiss2:<hubba :kiss2: hubba> :kiss2:

::)::

niether. cause i hate them..