Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had a sleeve *and* a c-section in their life?

I've had 3 csections, and I'm just trying to see how the pain and recovery compares? I did well with my csecs so I'm hoping I'll do OK. Thanks! :)

Yes I had 2 caesars and the sleeve op was a walk in the park pain wise compared to them. I went home after the sleeve not needing any pain medication at all. I did suffer greatly from nausea for a couple of weeks but that was unusual and it went away fine.

The sleeve is nothing compared to the C section. I would rather have 10 sleeves than 1 C section.

I have had 2 c sections and sleeved 4 days ago. Sleeve recovery pain is way less than c section recovery pain. If u have had a c section, then u can do sleeve recovery.

I've had three csections and had my sleeve three weeks ago. I recovered quickly from c sections. Had bp problems with sleeve, so wasn't able to get up and around for a few hours. The right side of my stomach was super sore. I went home the next day and laid around, took one pain pill that night. Decided right then I wasn't going to take any more pain meds, I cannot deal with crushing up pills. I went to the beach six days post op and haven't had any issues. So maybe 28 hours on pain meds with sleeve, compared to almost two weeks with c section?

I have had 2 emergency C sections. The first being put totally asleep. I was worried how the sleeve would compare. When I woke up I wasn't in pain but I was uncomfortable. I pushed the button for the pain medicine 3/4 times that day and during that night. I also was up 2 hours after my surgery walking around the unit. The next morning I didn't have pain but I was super sore. The soreness lasted for about 3.5 weeks for me. Tomorrow will mark 6 weeks for me and I am pretty much back to normal, I just can't sleep on my left side.

I had 3 c sections and they were easy compared to my sleeve. My sleeve was much more painful.

Pain from the csection was worse. I was off pain meds by day 3 with my sleeve. Was on pain meds over a week with my csection.

Recovery (as in getting in fluids, nausea, throwing up, not being able to lift more than 15lbs, etc) from the sleeve was worse.

That's how it was for me and I had my sleeve 10 months after I had my csection.

Edited by ladycook9713

Sleeve was easier, I had more mobility! I would do either one of them over again! 3 Months out from sleeve and 7 years out from C-section who remembers that discomfort at this point!

I've had 3 csections, and I'm just trying to see how the pain and recovery compares? I did well with my csecs so I'm hoping I'll do OK. Thanks! :)

2 c-sections here. Had pain with both of them but the pain from the C-section lasted longer than the pain with the sleeve.

Also, the pain was different between the two. I would say that for me, the C-sections hurt more.

I was pretty pain free with my C-sections and had little pain after the first couple of days with the Gastric sleeve.