Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

I should be scheduled sometime in mid September! I am super excited and have watched lots of YouTube videos too. In fact I'm blogging my own journey. A Voluptuously Skinny Journey. I can't wait to hear how everyone else's journey is going.

@@moni5855 - I'm not being mean - but concern of Hair loss over better health and a longer life? I'm not a proponent of the band - it's a half measure with too many opportunities to set yourself up to fail. Whatever you go with is a life-altering change. You have to commit and mean it. Until then, you shouldn't do anything. Do you trust your physician? Big so, do as he suggests. Or, get a 2nd opinion. Sending you strength to do what is best for you..

I should mention that I'm going to a state-of-the-art bariatric facility in Chicago. My sister is a bariatric nurse. And yes, I trust my doctor very much. I don't know about you. I started taking Vitamins in the beginning of the year. so I can get used to taking the vitamins the way I'm supposed to. Trust me it's not easy.. I forget so I set up a timer on my watch!! Lol :)

Isn't it wonderful how many of us have come together because of this? I feel a real close network building here. My daughter is 25 and sees how we have come together and thinks it's great too! Only thing that would make us complete is meeting in one place at the same time. Wouldn't that be a goal for next year?

Isn't it wonderful how many of us have come together because of this? I feel a real close network building here. My daughter is 25 and sees how we have come together and thinks it's great too! Only thing that would make us complete is meeting in one place at the same time. Wouldn't that be a goal for next year?

That would be awesome!!!!

I'm from the Windy City....Chicago :)

Where's my bariatric family from ???!!!

Missouri! We're state neighbors!

Hi everyone. I have been at my journey for over a year a half now. My insurance is Uniform Medical through Regence. My doctors say it is one of the best for coverage. I guess I trust them. My insurance company required 6 months of supervised weight loss management with my PCP. Everyone month I went to my PCP and we reviewed what I had done, what I planned for the next month and then he sent in the info to the insurance. I finally obtained my approval, had my psych eval, met with the dietary person, the exercise person etc. Set to go. My surgery is scheduled for Sept. 9 and I have to say I am excited, and nervous. My family is supportive although I continue to hear about the extra skin and how these types of surgeries make you look old. Yeah, Yeah almost there, but then......Yuck I don't want to look old with flabby skin. Trying to find balance.

Welcome magicalwoman! Fellow Washington state employee here… Regence UMP has been great for me. My surgery is scheduled for 9/8. Where in WA are you/where are you having your surgery?

Hi Sjfink! I live in Marysville and my surgery will be in Everett. I have not started my pre-surgical diet yet. We have a family camping trip next week and while I am very careful about what I eat. My shakes and Soups will begin when I come home.

I live in Seattle and my surgery is in Edmonds at Puget Sound Bariatrics. I was starting to get jealous of all of the Houston people in the group… nice to have a neighbor!

My revision from band to sleeve is finally scheduled! September 9! It bums me out that it's not sooner. I started this journey in February of this year. I've jumped through all the insurance hoops and now I still have to wait due to surgeon being busy ????. I have to keep telling myself that September will be here before I know it and he must be good since he so busy. Lol

So cool SJ, we will for sure have to stay in touch. My surgery is the day after yours.

How long are you taking off work. I will return to work on September 21st, my boss says they need me at work that day. Hope I am not pushing my self.

I want to go on walks, I want to run with my grandchildren, I want to sit on a chair without thinking will it break. I'm so glad to have found this site and to have recently met you.

I just posted a thread about concerns with the stress and pressure and my spouse. I guess I am just pretty emotional now. Time to get busy doing something to take my mind off things.

That would be awesome!!!!

I'm from the Windy City....Chicago :)

Where's my bariatric family from ???!!!

also from Chicago