Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

To those that have already been sleeved, did you have a 2 day pro op all liquid diet? Or were you still on your 3 Protein Drinks and green veggies?

Three day clear liquids after surgery then full liquids for 2 weeks (including Protein shakes). Green veggies aren't on the foods list for a good long while. Pretty much not for 40 days.

Three day clear liquids after surgery then full liquids for 2 weeks (including Protein shakes). Green veggies aren't on the foods list for a good long while. Pretty much not for 40 days.

Thanks mouse, but I mean before hand. We thought there was 2 days before hand it was clear liquids, but then we are told no. So I am just wondering.

Thanks mouse, but I mean before hand. We thought there was 2 days before hand it was clear liquids, but then we are told no. So I am just wondering.
Derby it also depends on your BMI. I had a longer preop diet that then went into the 15 day shakes and leafy greens. When you contact the nutritionist, she will tell you what you need to do for your BMI.

I'm flying into San Diego on 12/19. We will definitely hook up. My return flight leaves SAN at 3:20....same flight as yours?

Yep, same flight! We are also flying in on the 19th. What time does your flight arrive?

Oh! Sorry, I dunno but for me I was able to eat greens until the night before surgery, allowing for an 8 hour fast beforehand.

Thanks mouse, but I mean before hand. We thought there was 2 days before hand it was Clear Liquids, but then we are told no. So I am just wondering.</blockquote>Derby it also depends on your BMI. I had a longer preop diet that then went into the 15 day shakes and leafy greens. When you contact the nutritionist, she will tell you what you need to do for your BMI.

She told us to continue doing what we are doing. We just find it odd and were wondering if maybe something was lost in translation. I am just worried the stomachs won't be empty. Surgery is Monday, can I eat today and tmrw?

She told us to continue doing what we are doing. We just find it odd and were wondering if maybe something was lost in translation. I am just worried the stomachs won't be empty. Surgery is Monday, can I eat today and tmrw?

Yeah, at least I didn't anyway, had a small salad and broth for supper Monday (around 5pm) then just fasted for the rest of the day/night/morning then had surgery on Tuesday. That's what most people getting surgery the same were doing

Derby I'm sorry I misunderstood your question the first time. I had shakes and clears the whole day preop but the only reason I didn't eat a salad was because I was traveling and didn't bring my dressing. then at 11pm I downed a large bottle of Water. Your stomach will definitely be empty by the time you get to surgery the next day.

Hoosier<span style="font-size:12px;"> <em>hottie,</em></span> I never read blogs but for some reason I clicked on your wordpress link. You are a fantastic story teller! I delayed my morning shower to read your story beginning to end. Loved it.! Thank you for your honest and consistent accounting. As it turns out I am exactly one year after you (Feb 4 2014). Different Dr though, so it's not totally freaky. I just thought I'd say hi and great job! (In your writing and life) Cheers to you! W.

Wow thanks! Glad documenting my sleeve experience helped you. Appreciate the kind words! I hit the doctor's goal awhile back and am 6 lbs from my personal goal of 145. The next big adventure will be a Tummy Tuck in Mexico....stay tuned! Lol

I came across Hoosier's blog before I found this message board. This was where I first learned of Mexico as an option (I had NO idea people did this!) and her blog convinced me to call OCC in the first place. Thanks Hoosier!

Aww -thanks! Glad I was able to help! The folks at the OCC do really good work that enables people to live a longer life... Have a lot of good will for them and everyone who is bold enough to go outside the mainstream to have surgery. Especially out if the country. Kudos to you for taking charge of your health!

HoooserGirl is great. I still find myself going back and reading her older posts again because she's such a great writer and super funny. Kudos, HG!!

You know how to make my day! Much love to you my friend! Enjoy reading about your progress! You are just going to blow past your goal weight...motivating to watch!

Hi Ladies - I need your help/advice.

I just got a promotion at work (yay!) and my surgery is scheduled for Dec.4th.  I told my company I was getting surgery, but said it was for hiatal hernia.  I said I'd need 1 week off for surgery but I could work a few hours per day the following week and should be good to work again, week 3. I said this because even though I travel a lot (at least once per month), I work from a home office and things usually slow down in December (which is why I chose Dec.4th as my surgery date).  BUT due to the new promotion, I am being asked to fly to head office for training 2 weeks after surgery.  The flight is 5hrs each way and training is over 2 days.  My brain needs to be "on" so I can learn what they need me to learn in a short period of time.

My questions to you guys (especially to those post surgery):

-Is it unrealistic to think I could travel 2 weeks after surgery and be alert enough to retain a bunch of training that is key to my new role?

I'm most concerned about being alert enough to absorb the material I'm being taught and organizing the post-op diet for the plane, hotel, and days at head office.  I also read about people rejecting food (getting sick) and that scares me :(

Help?

do you or did any of you guys have people in your lives trying to convince you the surgery wasnt right for you? and how did you respond to them?

You know how to make my day! Much love to you my friend! Enjoy reading about your progress! You are just going to blow past your goal weight...motivating to watch!

HoosierGirl, I was denied by my insurance a month ago. I sat in my bedroom crying because I felt so helpless. My husband said we'd do whatever needed to be done. That night I found your blog! You gave me hope, and I plan to join the loser's bench in April of next year! My sister is a college professor at Butler, maybe one day I will be able to give you a hug (when I go out to visit her) and thank you for being an integral part of finding my way to OCC!