Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

Breakfast ~ 3/4 C Yogurt Burst Cheerios with 1/2 C fat free milk

Snack ~ 1 hard boiled egg

Lunch ~ 3/4 C ground beef with 1/4 C Manwich sauce

Snack ~ 1 pkg Peanut Butter Quaker Granola Bites

Dinner ~ 1 homemade taco (shell, ground beef, salsa, sour cream & cheese) and 1/4 C fat free refried beans

Busy296:

I agree with blooeyz. I get that some pain when I eat too fast. I had to go and buy a 1 minute timer to slow me down while I'm eating. Otherwise, I don't take enough time between bites and I'm in alot of pain.

Good luck.

Sue

Started on solids tonight after 2 weeks of fluids and 2 weeks of mushies. Today I had...

B: 1 weetbix & a 1/3 of a banana in skim milk

Snack: small skim latte

Lunch: 1/2 cup baked Beans

Snack: Low fat chocolate mousse

Dinner: Home made curried prawns & rice

Snack: Low fat frozen fruit & yoghart bar

Not sure what the calories, haven't started counting them yet.

Today I had:

Breakfast: Bolthouse Farms Mocha Protein shake

Lunch: 1/4 c. green Beans, 1/4 c. cooked carrots, 1/4c. applesauce

Snack: Special K vanilla snack Bites

Dinner: 12 small Kashi Fire Roasted Veggie Crackers with tuna salad and Light Laughing Cow Roasted Herb and Garlic cheese spread

Snack: I will probably have a Chai Tea Latte

Breakfast ~ 3/4 C vanilla Yogurt Burst Cheerios w/ 1/2 C fat free milk

Snack ~ 9 Quaker Multigrain Minis Rice Cakes (Cinnamon Sugar)

Lunch ~ 1 C Progresso chicken & Sausage Gumbo Soup & 100 cal pkg Cheez-Its

Snack ~ 2 oatmeal raisin Cookies :D

Dinner ~ 1 C Lasagna Hamburger Helper & 1 slice of Texas toast

B: 1 weetbix & 1/2 banana in skim milk

Snack: skim latte

L: 2 cruskets with light cream cheese

Snack: low fat chocolate mousse

Late afternoon: 1/2 cup of broth

D: 3/4 cup leftover curry

Snack: frozen fruit & yoghurt bar

with the Protein do you watch your carbs? I am self pay and only had one nutrion class mostly how to do the diet directly after the surgery. Everyone is watching the protein and my hair is starting to fall out so i think that is the problem but did not know about the carbs. Thanks for any help.

Must say I'm finding myself wanting more food at the moment... still sticking with the plan though.

B: 1 weetbix & a 1/2 of a banana in skim milk

Snack: small skim latte

Lunch: 1/2 cup refied Beans with lite cheese melted on top, spoon of low fat sour cream & spoon of avocado on top

Snack: Nectarine

Dinner: 3/4 cup Left over fried rice no pork or ham

Snack: 1/2 cup canned fruit & light custard & 1/2 banana

My serves are creeping up a bit to about 3/4 cup full. Hopefully I will want less after my fill on 12 December.

My nutritional plan has completely changed..here it goes:

Meal #1: 1/2 cup of pineapple, 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese

Meal #2: Protein shake..isopure (50 grams of protein!)..plain yogurt mixed in with some rasberries

Meal #3: Salad: 4 oz (if im lucky) Grilled chicken, flaxseed oil, spinach, almonds, carrots, kidney Beans, and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese on top for dressing (I usually split this for meal #4 and just add more chicken)

Meal #4: See above

Meal #5: Sauteed chicken (4 oz), in olive oil, green peppers and onions, garlic, made up for a chicken fajita...without the fajita..also add flaxseed oil when cooking

Meal #6: Plain yogurt with some added strawberries and pure vanilla extract

Of course all bets are off if my food gets stuck and takes hours to get through..but I do the best I can.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and a sausage patty from McDonalds

Lunch: 2oz pot roast, 1/4 cup carrots, 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes & 1/4 of gravy (left overs)

Snack: 2 oz of light swiss cheese

Dinner: Taco salad

Snack: SF Choco. Jello and 1/2 banana

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches