Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

Question....I have been banded for 6 months and still struggle with Portion Control. I do get stuck on occasion as well. My question is do you make yourself stop or do you feel stuffed? Sometimes I feel stuffed and other times I do not. My last 2 fills have been a struggle so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Carol

Hi! i've been banded since April and i've experienced both: today i had to make myself stop (i ordered a small Soup, but could have had more). Other days it's more than enough or too much.

When i go out to eat (once a week at least) i just order whatever...and i eat until the first sign of being full. I doubt i eat more than 8oz/1cup...

My issue is snacking..i'm always..ALWAYS tempted to snack. During the day i fight like hell (excuse my language) and drink Water in its place...i do this so that every single night (almost) lol i can have a snack with my tv shows.

So i guess my answer is...if i look like i could eat more than what i'm supposed to...i stop myself. I started letting myself have "treats" like today i had the deli put croutons on my soup...so even though i wanted more (and still do lol) the taste filled my "head craving."

Good Luck!!

today

b-sf carnation instant Breakfast

s-pizza "muffin" (with tturkey italian sausage removed from the casing and ground, turkey pepperoni, onion garlic, italian seasoning and low fat cheese, topped with egg beater and half and half)

l- none (was at the dr's office getting my 1st fill)

d-soup

exercise--1 hr at the gym:thumbup:

B-Coffee, 1/2 cup of Egg Beaters, 1 oz shredded cheese, 3 piece of diced/fried Canadian Bacon

S-Quaker Mini-Delights-Chocolate Drizzle

L-6 Meatballs w/ 1 Tbl ketchup & snacksize Cinnamon Applesauce

D-Emeril's Gourmet Spicy Smoked Sausage Grilled & 1/2 cup Shell Mac & Cheese

S-1 Sargento Chipolte Cheddar String Cheese & 5 Garlic flavor Melba Toast Rounds

Total Calories=1,348

Exercise-walk/jog 2 miles for 295 calories burned

B - 1c multi-grain cheerios & 1/4c dried cherries (no milk)

L - 1/2c cranberry chicken salad & 2 wheat crackers

S - 3 buffalo chicken nuggets (jerky style) & 1oz colby jack

D - 1/2 turkey burger (with about 1/2 the bun), a few cinnamon chipotle sweet potato fries and 1/4c creamed spinach

exercise - 30 minutes of intervals

Hey Everyone!

After 14 months being banded and finally having found my sweet spot, this is what a typical day's meals are like for me:

Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee

1 cup of yogurt

1 piece of fruit

2-3 prunes

on those rare days when I am really hungry in the morning, I will have 1/4 cup granola mixed into my yogurt.

Mid Morning Snack: granola bar

Lunch: 1 slice very heavy bread with lots of whole grains and little flour in it. this is a very moist bread.

1 tablespoon diet margarine

2 slices deli ham or bologna

2 deli slices of cheese

1 piece of fruit

Afternoon Snack: 3 prunes

1 chocolate covered cookie or occasionally a thin slice of cake

1 cup of coffee

Dinner: deck of cards sized piece of steak or fish, chicken thigh or a good german wurst.

one cup of cooked veggies or a salad with raw veggies and croutons

Of course I drink a minimum of 2 liters of Water a day. For an extra treat and pick up, I occasionally have a small glass of juice.< /p>

Sometimes I will have a mini snack about 9 pm. I tend to stay up late due to my many evening activities besides being in the chat room! LOL! The snack may be a couple pretzel sticks, a handful of tostidos or another piece of fruit or 2-3 more prunes.

Some days I need to add a little more, others I eat less. It all depends on my activity level.

Hope this will help.

Katja

today:

b: cereal/skim

l: sm. split pea Soup with a few croutons

d: going to outback:eek: I might do crab cake app. (eat one, bring home one) and a side of veggies or baked potato (eat a few bites).

B: coffee 1 cup not hungry

L: 1/4 c. taco meat little bit of lettuce, cheddar cheese and salsa with a tsp of lowfat sour cream

D: small piece of pot roast with carrots cooked in crockpot

1/2 at curves.. :thumbdown: