Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

WOW I guess I am scared to try and eat. I was banded June 3rd and still on mushies. This is my day yesterday.

Breakfast: 10 oz skim milk with 1 tablespoon High Protein slim fast

Lunch: sugar free popsicle

Dinner:Three to four bites of chicken dumpling broth and two or three spoons of scrambled egg

Usually drink 50 -60 ounces of Water a day plus

I take 2 Flinstones chewable Multi Vitamins a day.

Not sure but I think I have lost about 30 pounds including pre surgery diet.

no box

for the cheesecake mix 1 package cream cheese, 1 egg, vanilla extract, and lemon juice, and liquid sweetner.

for the crust, 1/3 cup almond flour, splenda, cinnamon and nutmeg, 1 tblspoon of melted butter

mix the crust, press into muffin cups and bake for 10 minutes, then fill with cream cheese mixture bake for 30 minutes... once done mix 1/2 sour cream with lemon juice , splenda, spoon over cheesecake , bake for another 10 minutes... chill

Thanks I will try this for sure!!

B: 4 Italian Meatballs

S: String cheese, 1/2 slice deli ham

L: chicken, gouda, garden veggie and green Soup

D: Probably steak and carrots

Protein Drink: Syntrax Apple Ectasy with fresh and frozen berries

Lots and Lots of Water

well i got a fill of 1.5cc i feel some pressure in the back of my throat but, hope it losens up in a few days. i also learned that i was doing a few no-no's. so now that i got it straight im gonna get my ass in gear. wish me luck.

today

b-toast w/cream cheese

s-iced latte low fat

_________

fill so liquids the rest of the day.

well i got a fill of 1.5cc i feel some pressure in the back of my throat but, hope it losens up in a few days. i also learned that i was doing a few no-no's. so now that i got it straight im gonna get my ass in gear. wish me luck.

today

b-toast w/cream cheese

s-iced latte low fat

_________

fill so liquids the rest of the day.

what were you doing wrong?

Well, guess I don't know the secret to having anyone answer my post from 7:30 or so this morning.:blushing: I could really use your input. I just spent another fortune at the grocery this morning and still feel like I don't have much to eat.

For lunch I had: 4 oz of Mahi Mahi (first time I've ever cooked or eatten this fish) and a small bowl of lettuce with oil & vinegar.

b- toaster scrambler thing with ketchup. 200 cal

home made latte with ff milk and sf vanilla 100 cal

l- mini sandwhich and a few bites of veggies.. 150 cal

latte 50 cal

d- samie from quizno 300 cal

another sf nf latte.. Im addicted to espresso... 100 cal

900 cal

-300 from 30 min workout today.. TOM so im just not feeling it.. im kinda tired:sleep:

Good Morning,

I have been reading your posts because I needed some Protein ideas, but I noticed a lot of you all hardly eat any protein. Now, I'm confused. I was banded 4/1/09 and was losing weight fine, then around the 6th wk I started gaining--after all that pain I don't want to be gaining w8!! A lot of people (myself included) gain weight once you start eating regular food.< /span>Have lost a total of 37-40 lbs. My dr told me that I was not eating enough protein--I have irritable bowel syndrom which gives me lots of diarrhea & nausea, so I was just happy to eat anything I could keep down (and inside). With IBS, you might want to check on medicine such as Levsin, which helps with the IBS symptoms. That is what I take when my symptoms get bad.Got a bit carried away with the carbs:mad2: and quit losing and even started gaining. All my dr really wants me to eat is protein first and foremost, then if I have room, veggies next, and then fruit. My first question is why can I eat large portions of foods I'm not supposed to eat with no problem, and then can't keep down a few bites of scrambled egg? Unfortunately, the bad foods are fairly easy to get down. Crunchy things, sweets, carbs, etc. all seem to go down fine. They are slider foods for the band. That is why it is recommended that we not even eat them at all. Every doctor has a different food plan that they want followed. My doctor wants my food to be 50% protein, but from all of the food groups. You have to find what works for you and stick with that. Also, a lot of people have a problem with eggs after banding. I am not sure the reason for that.Second question, how are you all eating so many carbs and still losing weight? I can only speak for myself here, but when I eat a lot of carbs, my weight loss does stall. I do have to shake up my calorie intake though. I can't go long periods on very low calories. I will have a day or two that I raise or lower my calories. I also journal my food intake using www.myfitnesspal.com. It helps to keep me in check.

I am also a diabetic (4 shots per day) and when I eat only protein my blood sugar bottoms out and then I eat CARBS! You might want to discuss with your doctor a good carb choice to help with your blood sugar issues, or find out if your shots need to be adjusted based on what you are eating.A vicious cycle.

Today I have eatten two slices of ff ham.

Your best bet is to discuss with either your doctor or a nutritionist, all of your concerns with your health. That way, they may be able to help you come up with a meal plan that is better suited for your own personal needs.

Your best bet is to discuss with either your doctor or a nutritionist, all of your concerns with your health. That way, they may be able to help you come up with a meal plan that is better suited for your own personal needs.

Thanks so much for your reply; it took me forever to get it after trying to go thru my email. Anyway, I've had a pretty good day: Lunch: Mahi Mahi & lettuce w/oil & vinegar Supper: Scallops with lettuce salad. But still "think" I'm hungry--think I need a larger fill. I want to try that journal site--after my visit last wk my dr wanted me to start a food journal and I just haven't been consistant, maybe this will help. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for your reply; it took me forever to get it after trying to go thru my email. Anyway, I've had a pretty good day: Lunch: Mahi Mahi & lettuce w/oil & vinegar Supper: Scallops with lettuce salad. But still "think" I'm hungry--think I need a larger fill. I want to try that journal site--after my visit last wk my dr wanted me to start a food journal and I just haven't been consistant, maybe this will help. Thanks again.

I agree with consulting your doctor for diet ideas and help. I also think…well for me anyways that this is a great place to get meal ideas but, we are all very different when it comes to what we can eat, what stays down, and what works the best for our weight loss. It’s hard to compare yourself in a group with such a wide range of ages, life styles, and medical issues. As for me I eat my Protein first then veggies like your doc recommended to you. I eat some carbs but, I don’t really stress to much about them. I know that Pasta, bread, and tortillas are too sticky for me but I can have small amounts of rice, crackers or pita/corn chips every now and then. Wishing you good luck!

B half a mini crustless quiche

L other half of quiche and 2 whole wheat crackers with a wedge of LF laughing cow cheese

S ¼ cup fresh cherries and 4 coco roosted almonds

D 4 oz pork chop two bites of rice

b-protein shake

l-hummus and pita chips

d-3 1/2 ounces turkey meatloaf, 3 Tbsps. mashed potatoes, 2 Tbps. Corn

s-4 rectangels of graham crackers with strawberry cream cheese

b - cottage cheese with cherries (lost this all of a sudden all over myself), yuck

l - thin crispy bread with some cheese maybe an ounce (wasnt hungry after vomitting)

d - spicy mustard tilapia, mashed potatoes, peas

hopefully i can give the fish a break shortly.

b - cottage cheese with cherries (lost this all of a sudden all over myself), yuck

l - thin crispy bread with some cheese maybe an ounce (wasnt hungry after vomitting)

d - spicy mustard tilapia, mashed potatoes, peas

hopefully i can give the fish a break shortly.

I hope that unfil helps you punkster.

Thanks for the response. Yes, I plan to talk to my dr today. My problem is that I can eat any kind of carb, any amount. I really need a fill, even though I love my present fill for taking my 25 meds twice a day. Hope your day is a good one.