Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months out from surgery, stalled don't know what to do

Hi, I am new here and was looking for someone to talk with. I had my surgery on Nov. 20, 2014. The first month i had real problems, I couldn't eat or drink with out bring it back up. I went for 36 days with out eating or drinking alot, finally drs did a EGD and opened up the bottom of my pouch, sorry for got to tell you I had the Rou - Y bypass surgery. After that I seem to do better I have lost 40 pounds before surgery on my own and have lost the rest after everything got fixed. My weight now is 195 pounds and i started out at 279. But as of now I have been on a two week stall no weight gained or losted and I am really upset about it because I don't have anyone to help me or talk to around here where i live. There isn't any support groups and when i call the hospital to talk to someone there isn't anyone I can talk to. I have to leave messages everywhere and it is getting to me i have been crying all the time and my husband don't know what to say to me. I walk about two miles a day and Water excercise twice a week. I am not good getting my Water in or my Protein, it just seems so hard to do. I eat what I am to eat and don't eat in between and have my snack at night. I really need some help. Thanks for listening to me, if any one can help please tell me .

I am only 4 months out, so I am not sure this will help or not. I have yet to get to a major stall. However, when I have been at a point where I feel my body is not losing as quickly as it has in the past, I have gone back to the basics. I track everything in myfitnesspal. I go back to make sure I get in 80+g of Protein each day and at least 8-8oz cups of Water. I try to scale back on the more complicated recipes or food from outside sources. I go back to very simple Protein sources or food I cook myself so I know exactly what is in it. I also keep my overall carbs low and my sugar carbs extremely low. That usually not only makes me feel better but it jump starts my weight loss. I hate that you feel like you do not have much of a support system. Reach out to folks here - they are great about answering posts and giving good advice and encouragement. Hang in there!

Thanks Rebecca that helps alot I just haven't had a stall before when I haven't lost weight I new something was wrong that is how things been going, but what you said makes since thank again it is a start

I'm 7 months out and I usually keep my carbs under 50g, my Protein between 70-100 a day and my calories between 650-800. These parameters have helped me lose the weight but after doing this for months sometimes my weight slows down. When this happen, I usually eat whatever I want for a day or two then get back to my normal routine. I usually lose 5lbs the next week. The cheat days seem to shock my body and helps the scale to start moving again. Don't know if this will work for you but Good Luck!

I had my bypass surgery 10 months ago and recently stalled. I started my Protein Shakes twice a day. For dinner I had fish or chicken and it started my weight loss again.

Major stall for me. I had surgery on March 10. Everything went great for awhile but the last 4 weeks I am stuck at 292. I started out at 337. Am I going to lose more or what?

Wow thanks that helps alot I never new there was stalls, but now I do I just hope it doesn't last to long. I don't have that much to lose but it is alot for me. I started out at 279, and now I weight 195, so I want to get my weight started coming off again I don't like this it is depressing

Patience and a comfortable diet .Eat more fruits and vegetables than other foods. Can't get depress now you have come too far!

Don't be discouraged the more you obsess the more your body will hold on to the weight... I think you're doing awesome.. My surgery date was nov 3, 2014 and I've lost about the same amount as you and I'm so proud...

Thanks that makes me feel better. I just don't know how to handle this stall I know I will have them the Dr's nurse told me that but this is the first time and am just don't know what to eat.