Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post-op and cheat daily

Ok so I'm on the soft food phase, no meats. However, I decided to attempt bite a baked chicken and had no problems. So now, I pinch a piece of baked or grilled chicken daily (2-3oz) and have yet to have any problems keeping it down or anything (hopefully that doesn't change). I've never been a "junkfooder" so I'm not fazed by Snacks or sugar but being a vegetarian for a month is killing me. I know I should stop but it taste so good. Should I be ashamed, worried, slapped, happy (that I haven't have issues)? I don't know. Any feedback is welcome.

SW 275, CW 255, 5'10"

If you can tolerate it I can't see any problem as it seems your eating good Protein and of course a calorie is a calarie is a calarie.

I am 3 weeks post op today, also. I don't think any of us have this eating thing down perfect (or we wouldn't need bariatric surgery), but I try to tell myself that I need to take extra good care of this new stomach of mine while it's healing. I know that this is the stomach I have for the rest of my life, and how I treat it while it's healing will determine if it's my best friend or worst enemy for the rest of my life. I have been dying for some meat. It's getting harder and harder to resist...went to a get-together Sunday, really had to struggle to keep my hand out of the chips. Good luck to you, hang in there.

Ok so I'm on the soft food phase, no meats. However, I decided to attempt bite a baked chicken and had no problems. So now, I pinch a piece of baked or grilled chicken daily (2-3oz) and have yet to have any problems keeping it down or anything (hopefully that doesn't change). I've never been a "junkfooder" so I'm not fazed by Snacks or sugar but being a vegetarian for a month is killing me. I know I should stop but it taste so good. Should I be ashamed, worried, slapped, happy (that I haven't have issues)? I don't know. Any feedback is welcome.

SW 275, CW 255, 5'10"

I am also in soft food phase and I am allowed to have chicken and Turkey and fish as long as i chew good and it is softened with some kinda broth

SW 275, CW 255, 5'10"

I am also in soft food phase and I am allowed to have chicken and Turkey and fish as long as i chew good and it is softened with some kinda broth

See, I've seen other plans online and they are allowed lunch meat and such during the soft food phase. That's sort of my reasoning. Guess I shouldn't feel so bad since I'm not eating completely bad, I just need something to chew. Good luck on your journey!

Just chew, chew, chew until it's pureed consistency. I know I was allowed pureed or soft meats in the soft food phase. I usually don't advise going against your specific surgeons orders, but no meat seems odd to me. Usually the soft food phase is nothing but meat and fish (as long as it's pureed and/or VERY soft.

Just chew, chew, chew until it's pureed consistency. I know I was allowed pureed or soft meats in the soft food phase. I usually don't advise going against your specific surgeons orders, but no meat seems odd to me. Usually the soft food phase is nothing but meat and fish (as long as it's pureed and/or VERY soft.

Thanks. That's what I was was thinking as well. I do chew well (relative to the past) and I only eat it once a day. 5 weeks out, I'm allowed lunch meat, ground turkey and seafood. I just don't feel that Protein solely from shakes (and an egg) is appropriate but I'm not doctor.....

Very funny, I was allowed meats but no eggs on my pureed diet. Everyone is so different.