Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers: Food that gets "stuck"?

I never have any foods that get "stuck", but I have some issues digesting things like eggs, chicken, and whole wheat bread. They are a little tougher on Frankensleeve than other foods. I get a few gurgles and twisty feelings in my sleeve after a few bites.

Eggs! I have given them up. I'm 5 months out and haven't been able to touch them since surgery. I have tried three time. But it wasn't that they got stuck, I projectile vomited them after two or three bites!

Unless I get lucky and get REALLY moist chicken, I can hang it up! It will feel stuck.

If you feel like things are TOO tight in there watch for acid. My acid went out of control and had things so swollen that my new GI couldn't get the scope in to check it. (I fired my surgeon for not caring or listening two and a half months after surgery after being admitted into the hospital for the second time since surgery!)

The acid wasn't like heartburn, I just felt too full or tight in my stomach. Swallowing a sip of Water felt like I was going to pop. The GI ordered a barium swallow and small bowel flow through and found tremendous "acid damage". I was on some power drugs that cost a fortune but I'm great now!!! Watch for acid!!!! Vomiting foam is a sign and I had no idea and the "surgeon" didn't tell me when I described it to him!

Oddly enough, tuna fish and most deli turkey gives me that 'stuck' feeling in my chest - like it isn't going on down at first. It's an awful feeling and the only relief was sips of warm Water, so i've just eliminated those from my diet quite easily. Happily neither are foods i really love or crave!

Eggs! I have given them up. I'm 5 months out and haven't been able to touch them since surgery. I have tried three time. But it wasn't that they got stuck, I projectile vomited them after two or three bites!

Unless I get lucky and get REALLY moist chicken, I can hang it up! It will feel stuck.

If you feel like things are TOO tight in there watch for acid. My acid went out of control and had things so swollen that my new GI couldn't get the scope in to check it. (I fired my surgeon for not caring or listening two and a half months after surgery after being admitted into the hospital for the second time since surgery!)

The acid wasn't like heartburn, I just felt too full or tight in my stomach. Swallowing a sip of Water felt like I was going to pop. The GI ordered a barium swallow and small bowel flow through and found tremendous "acid damage". I was on some power drugs that cost a fortune but I'm great now!!! Watch for acid!!!! Vomiting foam is a sign and I had no idea and the "surgeon" didn't tell me when I described it to him!

Gladys62- can you tell me more about your post op recovery? I'm 4 weeks and this sounds a lot like me! I've had a really hard time getting in enough fluids and any protein..

@@ArtSmartInNH

I had my lung collapse from the surgery first!

At first I did ok with drinks and Popsicles. The lung collapse cause Fluid to build around the lung and I ended up with a chest tube. Long story but summary; this was about 3 weeks after surgery when my family doc figured out why I couldn't breathe. (Bariatric surgeon said pneumonia!). Still has yet to admit that he may have done anything.

I tell you that to explain why the first two months are a blur. That chest tube overrode everything in my memory.

I know every time I ate solid food I would throw up a lot of foam first the usually the food would come right back. The surgeon said that I was eating too much. I knew better. After begging the surgeon for something and not getting help, I went to my family doctor who said that he thought it was acid. So he put me on Prilosec in the morning and Prevacid at bed time. It helped a little for a short time but the foam started coming back so he sent me to a GI. The GI fussed about bariatric surgeons who are jerks to run patients with problems off so they don't "waste" time working on the sickly ones. He's had 4 folks from my surgeon to fix. He put me on Dexilant twice a day. That stuff is HIGH but after almost two months I'm SO MUCH BETTER!! I'm trying omeperazole 40 mg twice a day for now to see if it helps. I also find that if I keep "absorbent" food (Cheerios Protein dry or crackers) in my there seems to help too. I learned on here that foam means acid. Get help.

Edited by Gladys62