Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is one guilty pleasure you cannot give up

Ginger Ale :/

I do believe that the scale can sense guilt. So either I try not to do things that make me feel guilty or I work not to feel guilty about the things I do, I haven't decided which yet. Maybe I should throw out that blasted guilt sensing scale.

nothing specific for me except I love ice cream so now and again I do get a small ice cream cone but honestly I don't feel guilty and I eat pretty much what my band let's me eat.. been maintaining with a few lbs or so and just don't stress about it

I discovered Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal several years ago when I kept 2 of my grandkids for a weekend. I love that stuff, and I'm not really a Cereal eater.

Since my surgery I only buy one or two of those single serving cups and divide them in half. It's about 1/2 cup or so, and I just munch them with a cup of coffee in the morning or afternoon as a snack. No real Protein but just enough to satisfy me.

Twizzlers :) Once in awhile one or two don't bother me or the scale.

I'll be the odd one in the bunch, but I am being honest when I say I don't have any guilty pleasures....I still enjoy the things I want to enjoy....

Difference now and before WLS, is that I cannot eat too much....cannot overeat.....

So I enjoy the things I choose, it's just that I now eat 1/10th of what I used to eat....

Also there are things I Cannot eat...rice was one of the first to go...so no more sushi...breads and baked goods was also gone for me...so no more pastries, do-nuts, cakes, beads, pizza crust, etc.

@@B-52 not the odd one out! Lots of us no longer have guilt.

I love sweets! You name it, cakes, donuts, etc! I can no longer eat it like I used to (thank God), but I will indulge in a small amount depending on how "good" I've been all day. Luckily it's a lot easier to resist than I thought! But I think not having it at all just wouldn't work for me.

Hah, good question. I know I'm going to have hard time giving up giant shredded beef burritos... those things are such a big part of my life lol. pizza will be hard too.

Chocolate! Still enjoy it--- guilt free, especially since I don't have diabetes anymore. Yaaay!

Artificial sweeteners. I have been using them for decades (well, at least since they came out 1960's.) Today is my day to go cold turkey, after watching Dr. Matthew Weiners Youtube video about sweeteners yesterday. He explained the science of it in a way that I could understand, how they wreck your metabolism, so I am done. I consume the most with the tea that I drink all day and all night, with 2 in a cup.

Sometimes I will use 30 in a day.......I was putting that stuff in my salad dressing, tuna salad, actually everything. It is time to stop and make adjustments. Monk Fruit sweatener is sooooooo expensive, like 3X the price of other sweeteners, and Stevia tastes like licorice - that thing which I hate.

I guess Water is going to have to be my new best friend. This journey has been all about making adjustments, so whats one more, eh?

@@Miss Mac, good luck! That's a big change. I recently heard that even artificial sweeteners mess with your insulin levels. The only one I used to consume was in the occasional diet soda, so I've pretty much eliminated them from my diet after giving up soda. But I never really had a sweet tooth, so I'm lucky.

Ice cream…but I try to keep it as a “pleasure” and not as a “guilty” pleasure. :) I try to plan for it and have it only when I really, really want it, and savor it as I eat it. Then, hopefully, by the time I’m done, I’m satisfied. I’ll have ice cream a few times a year – sometimes something healthified, like frozen yogurt or low-fat ice cream, but sometimes the real thing.

The more personally accountable I've become this last year, the less guilt there is in planning for and enjoying good-tasting food and some occasional treats that I don't eat every day or even every week.

I now enjoy, in moderation, wine, chocolate, ice cream, good breads, even burgers and fries. The point is, however, that I don't have these things every day. And when I do have one or two of them in a single day, I cut back the next few days to compensate for these things.

I continue to plan my menus and track my food on www.myfitnesspal.com and don't wonder or guess at how much I'm eating and what kinds of food I'm eating. I know. And that knowledge gives me power over all the food choices I make.

It's a comfy place to be right now. I'm in charge of my food choices. Food is not the boss of me. :)

I cannot imagine a world without red wine. I've given up smoking and sugar and starches, but I will allow myself a glass of wine once or twice a week.

An adult beverage every once in a while! Not giving it up... just not going to do it. I eat pretty good 95% of the time and workout like a mad woman just so I can enjoy an adult beverage every once in a while. LOL! I pretty much each anything I want though in moderation.