Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel Sick all the time....

I am 2.5 months post DS surgery & feel sick most days...nauseous all the time..on Prilosec 2x day and eat tums like candy. I know I need to eat & drink more but simply can't. ..throwing up at least 4 week.....just thinking about eating or food gets the juices in my stomach going. After eating I get very congested and start sneezing and coughing which usually causes me to throw up....please send me any help or suggestions. ...I just want to feel better!!

Thanks,

Kathy

Have you chatted with your surgical team about this yet? Maybe a good idea. Try using tepid Water, and tepid drinks to get in your fluids. They are kinder on the tummy. Especially when you start the day, or start a meal. Start with a couple of bites of soft food when you start a meal. The tummy needs to be "primed" for the harsher stuff. And the room-temperature liquids are a lot more friendly to the tummy, too. Good luck to you....

Have you tried a sugar free peppermint? That really worked the best for my nausea. I didn't have it as bad as you do....but it might be something that could work. Just a thought.

Yea, I was at the doctor on Monday. ..he is not sure why I am having these issues, says if not better he wants to do a scope to be sure there is no blockage. ...said I shouldn't be having these issues with the DS procedure...also said it is slowing my weight loss due to not eating. ...I am thinking 60 lbs in 2.5lbs is pretty good..

I normally drink my stuff at room temperature...no Icee needed.

Will try eating soft food before the Protein and see if that helps.

Thanks for the input!

Will also try the sugar free peppermint. ...wish I could drink some ginger ale.....that always helped when I didn’t feel good!

Funny thing that doesn't make be sick is fresh fruit, especially watermelon. ..lol

I am not sure if this helps or not but when I sneeze or cough it is usually the first sign that I am full.

Given you are not eating much I am not sure this is the case with you.

Will also try the sugar free peppermint. ...wish I could drink some ginger ale.....that always helped when I didn’t feel good!

Try making ginger tea instead. Simply buy fresh ginger root, peel, slice off a few pieces and boil. There are also premeasured honey ginger crystals you can buy and drink either hot or cold. Peppermint tea may help as well.

Thanks!

Ginger tea is great. and perhaps another type of anti acid might work better than Prilosec. nexium is a stronger Prilosec. and Pepcid works really well. when I was having reflux really bad the doctor had me on 2 prilosecs and Carafate at night and onestraden or reglan. not sure of the spelling on the first one but it is the generic for reglan. and for the ginger tea you can buy it in the tea section of your supermarket. it really is a good product.