Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about failure post op

I am so worried about life Post op. Does anyone else worry they will fail? That's my biggest fear at the moment. I've failed so many times before. I worry I won't be able to do what others have done. I love food and I am scared it will still control me after this. Is this a normal fear?

Lot of us have had this fear. When you go through stalls you will go through the fears again. I have failed at so many diets....I thought oh no not again! Follow your program and you will succeed. Even when you are not dropping pounds....you are dropping inches. Don't worry about how fast someone else lost their weight or they lost more than you.....we are all different and our body works in different ways. Good Luck!

Absolutely normal! I'd guess most of the folks on here had that fear, whether it was voiced or not. I know I did.

I've made friends through my surgical group and some were vocal about that fear from the consult until surgery. They have done extremely well and near goal 8-9 months out.

I went through a roller coaster of emotions, fears, and doubts until they wheeled me in. I happen to think that's healthy. It means you are taking it seriously. You should!

The journey of WLS is different for everyone. There is no one-size-fits-all result. Think about what you want out of it and if it's reasonable.

I hope you find all of your answers. Be confindent in what you decide :-)

Yes, I was fearful of that for a long time, and I've never been someone to let fear control my decisions. My love of food has always controlled me, and has caused me to fail many diets in the past. But after all my health problems in the last year, I became even more afraid dying of a heart attack before I'm 50, or losing my legs to diabetes. Like everything in life, it's a calculated risk. You just have to weight the pros and the cons. Lately the pros have been winning. WLS gives me a chance, it gives me hope that I can live a life that was always just out of reach for me. At my weight right now, if don't do something, I'm dead within 10 years. That is a serious sobering reality that I had to face. I think we're all afraid of failing to some degree, but you can turn that fear around into a motivator. Be the change that you want to happen.

Thanks all!! It's good to know others have had the same worry. I know I have to do this. I need to respect the process and it will all work out. Thanks so much!

I am planning on July or August surgery date that is my biggest fear is the liquid stage I want this more than anything.