Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just signed up for an informational seminar through work and will be going next Tuesday night to that. I had a good sit down talk with my husband last night and he seems to be on board. Can't wait to see what it's all about and what can be done. I feel like I've been in this "shell" for way too long.

Anna

I did my info seminar back in October. I was living out of my home state during the time and had my insurance company switch, so I called for my intake after the new year. One of my tests was $400 alone because i obviously hadn't met my deductible in January. It's now June and I've yet to HAVE to see a doctor (I'm a "healthy" fat girl. Amazes my doctor but no BP, cholesterol, or sugar problems) so I'm biting the bullet and paying that test out of pocket. I can't wait anymore! My all day intake appointment is 7/22 for psych, dietitian, meeting with surgeon, etc. The surgeon is very partial to the band but I'm leaning more towards the sleeve.

Edited by HMR14

I saw my primary care last week. He said they do it to weed people out. That a lot of patients don't bother with all 6 visits and then just drop off. I know one thing; I will be there with bells on for the next 6 months! This surgery is happening!

I am not giving up either!!! Crossing my fingers as I have my weigh in next Wednesday and I need 5 more pounds!!!! I am shooting to get sleeved by the end of July!!!! I am tired of being FAT!!!!

I saw my primary care last week. He said they do it to weed people out. That a lot of patients don't bother with all 6 visits and then just drop off. I know one thing; I will be there with bells on for the next 6 months! This surgery is happening!

l kind of figured they hope we wouldn't go the 6 months but I tried last year and lost my insurance it took 6 months to get it back I called the moment I got it back I'm praying I dont lose it again before I get my surgery.

I am not giving up either!!! Crossing my fingers as I have my weigh in next Wednesday and I need 5 more pounds!!!! I am shooting to get sleeved by the end of July!!!! I am tired of being FAT!!!!

Me Too...lol it's hard work

I have my first visit june 15th Im so tired of waiting. Because I always think something is going to interfere with my process to make it even longer I have been trying for 7 years to have surgery i was denied 7 years ago but new ins more weight and co morbid issues since then hopefully all we be well

I'm ready to live my life being fat has held me back from so much

yes yes and people dont understand how hard it is to be fat your whole life changes I'm sick of it all I do is sit in the house now and go to work I'm a totally different person than who I was years ago

Wow I hope everything works out this time for you I have my first visit tomorrow morning I'm scared excited worried all at the same time I just hope I can knock these 7 months out and get started

I've tried medifast slimfast ww jj nutra system phen phen Atkins low carb anything u name i have already tried so the 6 month thing is to discourage you but I'm going full steam ahead I done already moved to the city to where i will be having my surgery performed

I know most don't get it I think people think I use it for an excuse but there's so much I wanna do like next weekend my husband work is taking us to bush gardens and I'm gonna do nothing but walk around and try to keep up while being tired..... I'd love to ride all the rides but I'm scared to even try cuz in scared I won't fit or something so I'm gonna spare myself the embarrassment or even my husband in front of his co workers.

I have my first appt with the surgeon on June 25th. I've done all the testing and medical clearance. I'm praying nothing happens to stop the process.

I too have eliminated so much from my life over the last couple years for fear of embarrassment. It's terrible, I have only told a couple people I'm doing this and one is my old mentor from when I got into banking. I went for a drink with her the other night and told her my plans. She has known me for over 11 years and looked me in the eye and said she was happy for me. That she has noticed for a long time that I lost my spark and confidence. It was a bit humbling since I don't think I even realized that until just recently.