Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to my seminar today and they made my first apt for Tuesday I'm even more excited now!

I know it's very exciting all I can think about is this time next year and how i will look and feel I'm right with you how many months did you say you have to wait?

I know all I can think about it how much easier it will be to buy clothes... Lol....my inc requires a 6 month wait and a 5% weight loss before!

Congrats in starting the process! It's all I think about. Lol. I'm a clothes horse anyways, so I too can't wait to be a small size again.

Ok well you and I will be basically having our sleeves done around the same time my first visit is tuesday june 15th

Thanks so much well one good thing about me is I don't get rid of stuff so I have clothes for most my journey lol until I get way down !

I just started my process. Had my first consultation with surgeon on may 22nd. He put my on my 6 month diet and process to complete the various tests. But I was shocked and super happy that my pcp wants to send the request to my insurance by September!! :) I have my appointment with the nutritionist on Tuesday. I have alot of questions for I'm a little confused about Protein.< /p>

I'm basically thinking I just need to learn how to live a whole new life but I'm also confused on the Protein I need yes and no's about food I come from a family of food we get together and eat weather were sad happy whatever so this will be new but I'm willing to do ANYTHING

I'm basically thinking I just need to learn how to live a whole new life but I'm also confused on the Protein I need yes and no's about food I come from a family of food we get together and eat weather were sad happy whatever so this will be new but I'm willing to do ANYTHING

My family also...i was just thinking today that my cooking is good. How am i going to resist eating the bad stuff? But im ready to change. 29 years of the same thing. Im just super confused about how to get in the right amount of protein and veggies with such a small stomach.

That's quick. My insurance required a 6 month nutritionist. Some are only 3 months. Mine will be in August

Hello, my insurance required 6 month of nutritionist visit as well, I've had 4 so far, my last one is the first Friday in August

Is everyone as pumped about getting started like I am????????? I have to wait until October 1 before I can have surgery when my insurance year resets. I already checked and I know my insurance doesn't require a monitored diet or a bunch of test but I'm not giving them ANY reason to turn me down or for me to NOT have this surgery!!!!

Okay so here's my plan...

1. attend my last seminar on June 15th. I'm pretty sure i'm going with the dr that does the seminar tomorrow, I didn't really care for the pushiness of the other one!!!
  2. stop smoking date is July 1 so I start my Chantix June 15 (tomorrow). I've been smoking for 25 years so this is a biggie for me.
  3. I'm a Pepsi drinker, like that's ALL I drink!!!! so i'm also starting my transition from Pepsi to Water June 15th. The plan is to start with 4 8oz of Water a day and work my way up to 10 8oz a day by September 30th
  4. start replacing Breakfast which I rarely eat with a Protein shake August 1. I hope to also add a high Protein yogurt to a sensible lunch and dinner August1
  5. UGHHHHHHHHHH.... l plan to start walking and getting in some exercise and or strength training beginning September 1. I'm fat so I hate to sweat!!!! This is really gonna be hard but my mind is made up and i'm doing this!!!!!!!!
  6. Yuck yuck yuck... beginning September 1, I will start taking a multi Vitamin. I hate taking pills/medicine almost as much as sweating!!!! But... A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do!!!!

I know me!!! And I know that I can't just change everything at once so I plan to make my lifestyle changes in stages so when I go in for WLS in October or November, I'll be ahead of the game!!!! Wheww!!! I kinda like the way it feels to write it all down, I'm really pumped now!!!!

Soooo......... all comments and any suggestion are welcome!!! So tell me what you think???

Edited by kbingo

Is everyone as pumped about getting started like I am????????? I have to wait until October 1 before I can have surgery when my insurance year resets. I already checked and I know my insurance doesn't require a monitored diet or a bunch of test but I'm not giving them ANY reason to turn me down or for me to NOT have this surgery!!!!

Okay so here's my plan...

• attend my last seminar on June 15th. I'm pretty sure i'm going with the dr that does the seminar tomorrow, I didn't really care for the pushiness of the other one!!!
  • stop smoking date is July 1 so I start my Chantix June 15 (tomorrow). I've been smoking for 25 years so this is a biggie for me.
  • I'm a Pepsi drinker, like that's ALL I drink!!!! so i'm also starting my transition from Pepsi to Water June 15th. The plan is to start with 4 8oz of Water a day and work my way up to 10 8oz a day by September 30th
  • start replacing Breakfast which I rarely eat with a Protein shake August 1. I hope to also add a high Protein yogurt to a sensible lunch and dinner August1
  • UGHHHHHHHHHH.... l plan to start walking and getting in some exercise and or strength training beginning September 1. I'm fat so I hate to sweat!!!! This is really gonna be hard but my mind is made up and i'm doing this!!!!!!!!
  • Yuck yuck yuck... beginning September 1, I will start taking a multi Vitamin. I hate taking pills/medicine almost as much as sweating!!!! But... A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do!!!!
I know me!!! And I know that I can't just change everything at once so I plan to make my lifestyle changes in stages so when I go in for WLS in October or November, I'll be ahead of the game!!!! Wheww!!! I kinda like the way it feels to write it all down, I'm really pumped now!!!!

Soooo......... all comments and any suggestion are welcome!!! So tell me what you think???

I think, awesome u can do it, I believe in you!!

I know all I can think about it how much easier it will be to buy clothes... Lol....my inc requires a 6 month wait and a 5% weight loss before!

that's the same as my insurance, im on month 4 only two more months, mine also required a letter from my Dr recommending surgery, a psychological eval and a meeting with the surgeon and labs

Im just starting my journey. Attended my seminar on Saturday and have my psychological test on June 18. I have the consult with my Surgeon (Dr Clarence Hixon, Atlanta Medical Center) on July 7. I certainly hope that I can get this done before 2016. I am proclaiming 2016 the year of the ca...oh wait...MY YEAR!