Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A few weeks ago I attended the group info session, and today had the initial consultation with the surgeon and case worker. I have an appointment for my blood work and EKG tomorrow. I'm looking at a possible surgery date of late July as my husband is also going through the procedure with a June surgery date.

I just started to the process. I have my consult with the surgeon next week. Does anyone know how long the process is? I don't have any pre diet requirements. Just a psych evaluation and to see a nutritionist

I just started my process Aptil 1st. I had a hiccup until almost the 3rd week w/ the hosp. They said they didn't get my updated insurance information wheni faxed it over 3rd week of March. I've been trying to get the VSG covered under insurance for years. My evaluation appointments are on 6/9, the nurse said they each take 1 hour. I then have my initial surgeon visit on 6/23 for 1 hour too. I'm excited to have the process officially started now. My surgeon is a good one here in St Louis Mo. We spoke for a few minutes at the seminar & I felt comfortable with discussing my health problems w/him. If my insurance doesn't accept the diet dates I have from my dr office, then my 6 month re-dieting starts again as of 4/1. I'm crossing my fingers. I wish all good luck on this huge, yet amazing journey to become a healthier you. We're all going to get emotional waves of excitement before & after, same of fear & worries before & after. I'm glad this app is available to us all. Very helpful.

I'm just starting. I've had my fist visit with the surgeon and my first dietician appt. My insurance, Cigna, requires 3 months with dietician(4visits), a psych eval, and doc wants me to lose 10 pounds to shrink the liver. Good luck to you.

on my consultation day i weighed 217 and im 5'1/2" tall and my bmi was 41.7.....i was on top of all the requirements thats on my "to do list" that the surgeons office gave me and they actually gave me 1 month to finish all the stuff like the sleep study, labs, psych eval etc...then after a month i was scheduled to meet with my surgeon again and he reviewed all my stuff/records and he was like wow youve done all ur appointments so now we are going to create a folder for u and it takes 6-8 weeks to get the auth from insurance...my surgeon also said that an endoscopy report is missing in my folder, medical clearance and 5 yr weight history....ok i had an endoscopy done like 4 yrs ago and he told me thats fine and they dont need to do another one just the records....i also told him im worried that i dont really have a record of my 5yr weight history cuz i havent seen my pcp....surgeon said just get wather i can...i didnt like my pcp back then cuz o was already heavy and i requested a B12 shot for energy just for me to get a kick to go to the gym and she said i dont need it and that my b12 levels were fine so i was like ughh....so when i started this journey like march 26,2015, l actually change my pcp and this pcp was actually the one that evaluated my sleep study result....anyways, the surgeon coordinator called me two days ago and told me that all they are missing from my folder was the medical clearance from my pcp and that was taken care yesterday...so whats next for me?...is this now where they submit everything to insurance for approval?....ughh this is torture....as i keep reading others testimonies regarding insurance denials, this is really giving me anxiety and it worries me to death that i will be denied too...

I'm so excited I finally found someone from st louis...I been on this site reading blog after blog most people from other states. Nice to meet you I'm starting this journey I have to do a 6 month diet plan before my insurance will cover the surgery My first appt. Is May 26th. I hope we can keep in contact and support one another.

I'm just getting started in the process. My hubby and I are both going to get the vsg. We have to do 6 month medically supervised diet for the insurance company. We have an appointment to get that started in late June so I'm guessing the surgery will be possible next January/February timeframe.

Sounds like we will basically be having our sleeves done around the same time my last visit will be Oct. 26th therefore I should be looking at Nov/Dec lets keep in touch...also thks for responding.

I just called today and set my date for my seminar which is June the 6th and they will sign me up for the whole process that day I'm super excited but super scared I have thought about this for so long

I have been over weight my whole life in so ready I want to be able to do normal things and keep up with my daughter!

I'm just starting out too. I've attended a wls seminar and see my PCP this Wednesday to, hopefully, get a referral. I'm a good 100 lbs from my smallest weight and have been losing and gaining the same 45 lbs for the last 12 or so years. I'm so ready to get this journey started!!

I am just starting out my process. I went to the interest meeting and my 1st nutrition appointment. I have an endoscopy this wednesday the 20th and I'm a little nervous about that. I have about 6 doctors appointments all in the next 30 days and I am getting nervous about the surgery. I dont have a date yet but I know its not that far off. On one hand I am so excited for it to happen. I cant have the surgery soon enough. i have so many things that i want to do that i cant because of my weight. On the other hand I am terrified because i am 21 and i have been big my whole life and i have never had to have surgery before.