Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am still looking for a surgery buddy. May 20th!

If anyone is interested, I would love to have a surgery buddy. I'd really like to have a friend waiting for me on the other side of this, with some support and encouragement.

If anyone is interested, please, get in touch!

@ Hey! My surgery is 21 May and I'd love to have a buddy too.

I'm here too, my date is also the 20th and it is getting so close now I have to keep myself occupied because its all I think about.

Thank god I will be working from here to the day before my surgery date, that should keep me busy.

I had the nurse call yesterday to go through pre surgery details, that was ok.

I just have to get through the opti-fast and Soups

YAY! If you want to be my buddy I'll be yours! We could be a trio of buddies! How about it?

I want to help encourage both of you, and get the same in return. Bounce ideas and thoughts off each other, and maybe have a shoulder to cry on when times get tough. I'm going to friend both of you, and hopefully this can work out for all of us!

Ohhh I forgot to say, I'm on my 10 day liquid diet. It's going fine, try to keep busy. It helps. Keep drinking that water! :) I already can tell that warm things...tea and broth help fill me up more.

Edited by carolm1965

I think I'm a week behind you but I will be your buddy too... I just "officially" started my two week diet today.. even though I kind of put myself on a self imposed shake diet for the past two previous weeks but I was cheating here and there.. now there is no more of that!!

I'd like to join the buddy list too! My date is the 19th. In any case, I'll be here cheering all of us on

YAY! If you want to be my buddy I'll be yours! We could be a trio of buddies! How about it?

I want to help encourage both of you, and get the same in return. Bounce ideas and thoughts off each other, and maybe have a shoulder to cry on when times get tough. I'm going to friend both of you, and hopefully this can work out for all of us!

Ohhh I forgot to say, I'm on my 10 day liquid diet. It's going fine, try to keep busy. It helps. Keep drinking that water! :) I already can tell that warm things...tea and broth help fill me up more.

That sounds marvellous, yep day 10 is almost over and I can not wait I keep getting asked how do I feel as it's not long. And to be honest I'm nervous scared and just want it to happen.

More buddies! I love it. The support is overwhelming. I feel pretty special to have so many people rooting for me, and I for all of you!

Yes a lot of people keep asking me how I am, and that's fine.

It's the people who know I am on this 10 day liquid pre-op diet who are continuously talking about food that I wonder about. I was talking online, to a friend and her fiance tonight, on voice, and she mentioned making and was eating pizza on mic, no less than 7 times in our conversation she brought it up, despite me reminding her that I was on a liquid diet, and please could she refrain, and she did it again and again , and even her Fiance even told her to stop it a few times. I believe she was deliberately trying to get to me. I had a Protein shake and a V8 and went about my business with a full belly and a smile. But does anyone else have anyone already that's seemingly trying to sabotage them?

Nah I haven't faced that... this time. in the past when I have tried Optifast I have had people try and sabotage my efforts and I was weak willed and gave in but this time as only my family know about the surgery they are supportive and give me encouraging words when I feel down and with all the others I am saying I'm trying to lose weight and I am being defiant and sticking to that.

Hi I just found this forum today, I'm having gastric bypass on the 20th too!

Hi @!

Welcome to the 20th club! Or close to it, as some are here just a few days before or after.

Hope things are going well for you. I'm counting down the days! The liquid diet is tolerable, I"m sure it will be easy after surgery, as my NUT tells me I'll be lucky to get 2 shakes in me in a day. I'm fine with that. I'm glad I love my shakes. I feel so badly for those who don't.

Post here if you need some support, or a shoulder to cry on.

Everyone here is so nice. :)

Hello Baribuddies!

My surgery was April 15. I had a bit of trouble but I am now starting to feel better. I would love to communicate with all of you and answer any questions you may have. I live on Long Island and am looking for support group meeting as well.

Feel free to email me directly at SMILESWEET@aol.com

Best,

Lisa

Hi!!

So far so good! My process went really fast, I decided this is what I wanted in early March after nine years of debating doing it. On March 24th I had a mandatory information session to attend, I came prepared with all my paperwork filled out and by the next week they had received all my medical records. The following week I had my first pre-op visit with my surgeon and started my 1200-1500 calorie diet, and 2 shakes a day along with a Multivitamin. I had a psych eval on April 14th and was approved by insurance on the 6th of May! It has gone by so fast!!

I'm not on a liquid diet up until the 24 hours prior to surgery, Clear liquids only and nothing after midnight.

So nice to have found surgery buddies!!

Same here Darcie my process has been quick I got the ball rolling in April and my surgery date is May 20th. I said to my surgeon when he gave me the date, I feel like you've just given me my prison release date.