Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BigDaddy look to be NotSoBigDaddy

With your June surgery you could be kayaking by the end of the summer! It's different for everybody, but for most of us "big guys" the weight starts dropping pretty fast.

You can look forward to that moment when you WILL be saying, "holy crap I'm doing this!" as you easily paddle along with your wife. I've had a few of those moments - they're awesome!

I too fell under the stigma as always being called "Big MIke" and I'm not one of the tall gays. I was sleeved on May 6th and after one week out am already starting to realize that I will not miss that stigma attached to me.....my goal is 190 and when reached I plan on getting rid of my 900 pound road bike for something that is a lot lighter and quicker that the new me will enjoy. best of luck to you on your journey and dreams. :)

BigDaddyJG welcome to the forum and we look forward to your success! I'm apart of the 6'4 group and as it seems like most in here, I'm also a referred to as "big guy". This is something that I've been addressed as my whole life and as an adult I used it as a scapegoat when I overindulged in whatever food I could find. People made it socially acceptable because calling their friends fat would be cruel. Im newly sleeved as of 4/29 and I've lost 34lbs and I feel amazing. Making this decision will benefit you in ways that we'd used to only dream of. Hopefully you'll be kayaking before Thanksgiving!

Edited by BigJnav3

Hey good luck man. I am in the same boat but mine is a little bigger. I am 6'4" and will never be tiny but I can be healthy. Have you thought much about long term goal? I am thinking 205 to 215 would look good on a 6'4" frame. I am scheduled for an MGB on June 17th.

I'm not 100% sure of my goal weight but I'm hoping for under 250lbs but shooting for 220lbs.

Despite my being short, I'd be happy at around 175 to 185 Lbs. There is no way I am going to get down to the insurance chart weight of 154. From your posting, you have the right outlook to be successful with your weight loss surgery. Good luck BigDaddy!

I can relate to all you 6'3-6'4 guys. I myself am 6'3 at 380 and this is the most I have ever weighed. Me too has always been known as "The Big Guy" I was a bouncer at clubs and bars when I was 18. I have that body type where I hide my weight well. All in all I AM DONE with it. I am tired of being THE BIG GUY, mentally and physically. I am tired of the 4-5xlt tops. I want to be fit and able to live for my kids and wife. I am a football coach as well and I wanna be able to keep up with these kids all the time. My goal weight is 225-230lbs. I am just in the beginning step to my lifestyle change. Hopefully it will go buy quick and get my surgery date. I wish everyone luck and am looking forward to reading and sharing stories as our journey takes off!

Excellent thread.

I'd typed out a long reply on my iPad that was just wiped out by the iPad hating tendencies of this site.

Suffice to say that I'm DONE, too. Back and knee pain 24/7 is driving me nuts.

Almost 2 months since my sleeve. I've never felt better. 40lbs lost (80lbs since my journey started). My knees feel good. About to start training for my first 5k.

Best of luck.