Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok ..time for me to get my self together...i am going to admit to myself and everyone else ...i have not been eating like i should and i have not been exercising at all for months - well not at all but a bare minimum - just my farm work. I have been skating by in the honeymoon phase and i am pretty sure that is over now. I am almost a year out and i have to get serious about this again. i have to start exercising - starting today - NO excuses - i had to have two surgeries in January (gallbladder related) and needed recovery time from those but i am well now and there is no reason for me not to be moving my body - i also know that i have not been eating the way i should - while it is not completely out of whack - sugary foods all the time etc... i have been snacking late at night and eating things that i should not at those times. I also know that i am not hitting my Protein level daily - even though i kid myself and i say that i am "close" enough.

Today i planned my meals and my Snacks and i have been drinking my Water and planned my meals to include enough Protein for my daily level.

That is one goal for today - when i get home i will exercise. I will do this daily. I will keep doing this until it is routine for me. I have to take this seriously - like i did in the beginning - i cannot slack.

Thanks for letting me vent my inner most and getting that off my chest. I don't feel judged here and i feel supported in this crazy world i live in now! :blink:

Good Girl! You got this!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Practice makes perfect (nearly so anyway) :rolleyes:

Proud of you owning it and moving forward away from it. (bad habits, that is)

Welcome back to the wagon. To make my summer exercise more fun, I am taking it outdoors. I made my back yard into a fitness trail. For example, I start at the picnic table and do some pushups by pushing from the bench. For othopedic reasons, I can't do them flat on the ground. Then I march to the oak tree and do squats, the I speedwalk to the shed and back several times.

Then from the shed I carry 10 pound handweights and do lunges in a lap around the yard and then to the pine tree and do exercises with the handweights, like backward rows, chest flys, and deadlifts, then back to the picknic table for a rest and drink of Water. Then befor I go in, I do walking laps several times around the yard. While I am outdoors, I am also getting some Vitamin D sunshine.

Exercise doesn't have to be boring - just get creative. I even put on loud crazy music while I am puttering around the house doing housework. You can also put on your favorte music like no one is watching. I have 34 DVDS for

exercise, so that I could have variety. I will admit my favorite is Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies.

You can do this with your refreshed commitment to take care of yourself.

Year and half out and I've had many "got to get refocused" times surgery changes our tummy, our demons and habits pop back up if we don't stay focused. Good thing is every day is a new day to make the best choices we can! Great job and don't be to rough on yourself

@@devillynn Good for you. I like the accountability of telling us your plans. As Miss Mac said, welcome back to the wagon.

Miss Mac has a lot of great farm metaphors. @@Miss Mac I just got back from DeKalb, visiting my mom for Mom's day :>

I'm right there with you @@devillynn

Edited by Selena Hay

thanks y'all! i am going to pull out my old Richard Simmons videos too! I loved the sweating with the oldies! that is a great idea! I am also going to ride my bike this evening as well. Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words!

Congrats on getting back too it. I just recently gave myself a kick in the butt too. What kind of exercise do you do? Right now I'm mainly doing walking. It's the beginning of summer in Alaska (which is like one big state holiday) so as a family were doing alot of walking, biking, hiking. I doubt we will see a gym again till September :)

Keep up the good work and keep us updated