Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help from other busy working Moms!

Really struggling to focus on myself and my young family (4 year old and 1 year old), teacher FT, and keep up with life in general 3 weeks post op.

I just can't figure out where and how to schedule my drinks, eating, prescriptions, and Vitamins in my day. Something is always forgotten. I'm having a hard time deciphering whether I'm always tired or just so overwhelmed.

Oh, and my dog now has diabetes and needs two shots a day. Oy vey.

I haven't returned to work yet, so I haven't felt that 'how to balance it all' pull yet....

Do you have an app on your phone for the medications / Vitamins? I use an app called medisafe. Takes a few minutes to set up, and you can do it for multiple family members. You get reminders when it's time to take a med.

I haven't returned to work yet, so I haven't felt that 'how to balance it all' pull yet....

Do you have an app on your phone for the medications / Vitamins? I use an app called medisafe. Takes a few minutes to set up, and you can do it for multiple family members. You get reminders when it's time to take a med.

I've not heard of that app, definitely gonna go check it out.. I to have not gone back to work yet. I'm super busy from the time I get to my salon to the time I leave. I never schedule any breaks in between my clients, but from here on out I have to now and hopefully this app will be reminder enough.

I have a full time job, and 2 young kids with tons of activities. Planning is the key. You have to make time to prepare your food for the week, and pack Snacks and food, so you can eat every 3 hours or so. I also have a Water bottle, and track my Fluid intake on my fit bit app. I use my fitness pal for food and exercise. Its a commitment for sure, and it is hard, because I always put my kids first. I have to say to myself, you need time too, for a healthier you! Last night, since I did not make it to the gym. I decided I would go walking. My 4 year old lol, blocked the door, and said NO MOMMY!!! , but I gulped and went anyway. My hubby said he was fine about 30 seconds after I left. I walked 2 miles and felt great!

XOXOXOX

I am a mom to a 7 and 5 year old, work full time as an instructional coach and was sleeved March 31. The first month or so it was hard to try to remember everything. I brought all my medication in my school bag and would take it when I got to work. Work is more calm and I can concentrate on myself. food planning was tough. My husband took over planning dinners for the first month or so until I could eat with everyone. When I go to the grocery store I buy easy snack and meals for myself and make sure no one else eats them (Laughing Cow cheese, Protein shakes, chicken breasts, etc). When ever my husband grills I always save the leftovers and take them with me to work so I have a pretty good supply of food. It does get easier! And summer is coming!

3 weeks is still early. It will get easier! Especially when you can eat!!