Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At first I thought this was off topic but then decided that it was not. This has to do with NEVER GIVING UP, HOPE, FAITH and ENCOURAGMENT.

Around Thanksgiving of last year, after seeing how much work our house needed, we thought we would never be able to afford to get it done. Then came the MIRACLE!

To keep it brief, a dear friend won a large sum of money playing the lottery. He paid for a huge remodeling job, bathroom (I have a gorgeous porcelain walk in shower, bathroom remodeled from top to bottom! Our bedroom has new flooring and a new paint job. The kitchen was another top to bottom remodel including new cupboards. The living room has new flooring and paint job. We have new doors, the leaky windows don't leak anymore. We have new appliances, dishes and lots more.

This has taught me a valuable lesson...God can work through the most impossible problems and difficult situations. He can help us ALL to become healthier through WLS. More often than not, He expects us to do our part. But He can also use something totally off the wall like the lottery to make life so much better for two Senior citizens who don't even buy lottery tickets.

KEEP GOING ON GOING ON! WLS may be easy or hard but it CAN CHANGE OUR LIVES FOR THE BETTER!

REMEMBER, NEVER GIVE UP!

Great story!

I think we can all take something out of this thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on your new bathroom and its many benefits for you both. That's very cool of your friend to do that for you. What a nice person! :)

NEVER GIVE UP!

@@LousPeachy

lovely story

it can/does pertain to WLS and everything in life :)

if i can add...........

alllll those years ago i would try and loose weight

yo yoed all the time :angry:

but i always said "as long as i keep trying to loose the weight i'm ok"

finally at the age of 58 i succeeded with the assistance of the sleeve

that was 3+ years ago and i'm still around to talk about it :rolleyes:

you CAN teach an old fart new tricks :D

you have a beautiful, generous friend ;)

maybe he wants to make friends and help me out too :huh: :D

good luck with your surgery

kathy

What a Blessing! God is truly good! We don't know whose lives we will touch on a daily bases....it maybe just a smile or hug that someone needed!

Big miracles are great for sure but sometimes it is the SMALLEST ones that blesses you the most,