Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where did I go wrong

I had the gastric sleeve on April 11th of 2014. I weighed 255 before surgery. I quickly lost down to 211. I'm now back up to 228.

I am frustrated. I'm mad. I don't what to do. I still can't eat much. And yet I cannot lose weight. I recently had blood work to make sure all my levels are as they should be. It all came back fine. Happened to have an abdominal CT and the report read that my stomach is small and has the appearance of gastric sleeve surgery.

Please help me. What can I do???

That's not a lot of information to go on, if you're asking for suggestions.

What is a typical day's eating and drinking for you -- specific foods and amounts?

What about your Water? Your exercise?

What do you think is causing the problem(s)?

Admittedly my eating habits are poor. I have gone back to old habits. I guess my question should have been is it possible to start over and get my self back on program? I feel like I'm too foregone and I will forever be fat.

Edited by rmbjwhite

What are you drinking instead? Can you do Water enhancers like mio?

You can always restart! You know what to do, because you did it before. Go back to basics - Protein, protein, protein and Water, water, water. If you cant take plain water try mio or Powerade zero. You can do this!!!!

Don't lose hope. You just need to get back on track. You can do it!

It hasn't been that long. You just need to get back on track and stay there.

Meet your Protein goals. Skip all the junk you shouldn't be eating. Find a way to get fluids in. I find I do better with bottled Water. I tried using a Water filter and that doesn't work as well. Flavor enhancers, whatever, just get that water in. Add in some exercise and you should be fine. Use a food log for at least 6mths to get back on track.

If you choose to not change any of your old behaviors, then no, you won't make it. If you want this, then make the change. If you feel your behaviors are getting the best of you try counseling.

Yup, back to basics. Just like what @@Seahawkgirl said. Protein and veggies with every meal. Stay away from complex carbs completely until you can get back on track. Get your fluids in somehow. If you're not exercising, start. Even if it's just walking.

It's hard to get back on track, but once you do, you will start to lose weight again and feel more in control. That should keep your momentum going!

You can do this. But you've got to recommit to it.

The physical answer to your question of where you went wrong is that you are consuming too many calories. That's great news that your stomach is small. It's not too late for youe. You can do this if you make some changes. You didn't really say a lot about what's going on, but I'd examine my eating habits.

*Measure and weigh your food

*Stop grazing

*Count your calories and keep them around 1000-1200

*Protein first, then vegetables

*No bread, rice, Pasta

*Don't eat and drink together

It's hard work, for sure. The longer it goes on, the harder it becomes, but it is absolutely something you can do! It is worth it. You are worth it.

Your sleeve is just a tool. Get your fluids in everyday and make sure you are hitting your Protein goal each and everyday. Stay away from the sugar, fast food, and junk. Exercise everyday, start out walking and go from there. You can do this. You are not too far gone. I had my sleeve November of 2013 and I am down 125 pounds since my surgery but I work at each and everyday. Take it one day at a time. I even go to weight watchers.

Good luck to you!

I can fully relate! Plain Water makes me nauseated also. I have not gained back any weight, but I have not lost anymore either. My surgery was in November 2014; 30 pounds down only. But try to go back to the 2nd week post-op diet. Walk ,walk, walk...It has made me feel alot better too.

Find a flavor drink powder that you like and add to Water. Think the key is getting 75-100oz of water a day. Start there then limit carbs.

I think it starts with wanting normalcy really bad.

This is hard. So if you don't want it that bad, it's hard to do the work you have to do to lose and maintain your weight loss.

In your shoes, I'd ponder very seriously what I wanted the rest of my life to be like and to be about.

(That's just me.)