Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! My surgery was on Wednesday, and I am home from the hospital today. I am taking Clear liquids better and better, and my pain is probably a 6. I'm due for another dose of liquid Oxycodin in an hour, so my pain will be close to zilch then. NO GAS PAIN! I was so worried about the trapped air that so many suffer from, but had none of it. The six incisions cause no discomfort at all, it just feels like I got punched in the stomach a bunch of times.

The nausea has been a bummer, but it comes from the pain meds, and the anti-nausea medication does it's job. :) I'm standing up at the kitchen counter typing this, so I'm already pretty mobile. BEST of luck to each of you this month! We're going to be SO GLAD we did this!!

I was also sleeved on Wednesday, am having a very easy time so far, am getting in all of my liquids and have got one Protein shake down, along with my Vitamins and my crushed meds (yuck). Stomach muscles are still very sore, and I think I sprained my right wrist getting out of bed yesterday (nurse was not a lot of help) because it is sore as hell. had a little gas one day post op but all in all I'm feeling pretty well. I have also made a lap on the treadmill and will try to get on it at least twice more today.

Congrats on your success.

I was also sleeved on Wednesday and came home on Thursday early evening. I am feeling great...very sore like I've done a zillion crunches, but otherwise great. I had a hiatal hernia repair, lap band and port removed and the sleeve done. All with no pain meds...so thankful and happy that I did this!

if anyone is taking the pain meds just a word of warning....you will become super dooooper constipated! So use sparingly, and if you do use the pain meds, take Miralax. I nearly had to go to the ER to remove the blockage. I don't want to get into too much TMI but please take my word for it. The Constipation caused by the pain meds is unbearable.

@@marybear1965 I had hiatal hernia and sleeve on the 19th and wondered how you are doing now since you have about 10 extra days on me

Edited by Kimberly7490

Doing well Kimberly7490, am having some difficulty with blood pressure meds, as weight loss is making me fluctuate from day to day. Have started soft foods, have yet to have something going that I can't tolerate.

Glad to hear, my weight is coming oh but I'm finding it hard to drink the amount of Water I crave because it wants to come up. I am a lifelong gulper though, I am used to eating and drinking on the run. I keep getting reminded by my body the hard way that it has to stop now.

Seems like my stomach is always growling but I don't really feel starved necessarily unless it is time to eat. I do miss the fullness from real food even healthier choices just chewable.

My Doc told most of my questions not really concerns about it were hernia repair related and another week or so will make a big difference.

Kimberly7490, I am doing great! Everything has gone smooth so far, and my doctor is very pleased with my progress. How are you feeling?

Just passed the five week mark...as I get closer to the six week "fully healed" stage I am beginning to wonder if it will always be hard to eat. But I'm embracing the changes, and delighting in how easy the recover was. I'm down nearly 40lbs., and people are starting to notice. I just bought a dress for my daughter's college graduation at Macy's last weekend -- in the MISSUS department! I also just stopped the Lane Bryant texts from coming, because I will never be shopping plus sized stores again -- how AMAZING is this? I joined a gym, and start classes next Monday at six weeks post-op -- so awesome. I hope you all are pumped and doing great!

Doing pretty good now, I seem to be hungry often but I think I'm needing more Protein, still dealing with slowed down weight loss but managed to shed 2 pounds durning this stall. My clothes are definitely fitting so much looser! I look forward to eating real food which will probably help me stay fuller longer.