Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Delightful first VSG turned Nightmare @ "resleeve" by Almanza

My "railing" is against Almanza. He is a narcissistic A**hole who cares only about money. He is a terrible surgeon as well as a horrible person.

I have been accused of all sorts of crap on this message board.. working for another doctor, not following my original lifestyle changes. I dont even care anymore, I certainly do not have to explain myself. I was simply wanting to WARN people about Almanza. I dont have to do that anymore, His name is all over the news, the interned for putting people in comas, dropping off a near dead man at the border.

My slow weight gain came 7 years after my wt loss from Mexicali Bariatric Hospital ((((WONDERFUL))) .. oh and NO i dont work for them, LOL. I am self employed living now in NorCal Tending to my ageing mother. My lifestyle really changed when I moved here, not much to do, no bike trails, I didnt know anyone and I became very depressed. It took about a year but I climbed about 40 pounds up the scale. Desperation and insufficient research led me to almanza. I knew there was something very wrong about him within 10 minutes of meeting him. red flags were popping like fireworks. I should have trusted my feeling and FLED. MY BAD. I own that.

He cut me and created the worst adhesions, and he ran out of time before doing any resleeve. (all of this is documented at his strip mall "clinic", in spanish of course but I got one of the staff to run a copy of my 'eyes only' notes and its wasnt difficult to have it translated.) So he sloppily sewed me back up NEVER having so much as touched my stomach.

I ended up going BACK to Mexicali Bariatric and they had much work to do to cut down and cut out some of large adhesions, one of which had attached to my bowel. They performed a duodinal switch (did i spell that right) and chose not to re-cut my stomach. I wish they would have but I trust their decision making. I am 15 - 20 pounds from my goal, getting a handle on the depression, making friends, finding bike trails and parks, waking in the mornings and all in all things are looking up.

So go ahead and speculate, blame, accuse ... there are certainly a few of you on here. For the most part those who i have corresponded with personally from here have been absolutely delightful. And the fact that THIS website will do anything to avoid association with almanza should speak volumes.

Best of luck to everyone, even my detractors. I'm pretty much done here, but I wish you all the best. OH i actually WISH i worked from one of the DOCS, haha, I would have some extra skin removed!!!!! baahaaahaa

@

• Sue Brat Kee Ashe
  • You are right, I didnt mention my diet. I went for 7 years vegetarian, gluten free and did great. With the move, the depression I did fall off many wagons. I totally understand what i did wrong. it just got SO FAR out of my control that I felt it was insurmountable. I'm climbing up out of that damn hole.

I am sorry you went through all of this. Thank you for sharing your story.

Unfortunately there are people out there who work as coordinators for WLS surgeons that pretend to be patients and praise that surgeon and/or fabricate lies about a competing surgeon. Worse than that, they befriend people who didn't have the surgery yet and try to lure them towards the surgeon they coordinate for.

I don't doubt what you wrote, although I would recommend you get ready to have people rip you a new one if you make a negative post like this on the Gastric Sleeve Forum about him.

Wow what a nightmare of an experience. Yes Almanza so I have read has law suits and deaths associated with his terrible practice in medicine. Did you research him before you went? Anyway I am so glad to hear that you went back and had the DS and are doing great!! If other posters would have researched Almanza first they never would have accused you of being a troll; so sorry for that. Normally this site is wonderful with lots of information sharing and support. Don't leave just yet give us another chance. Again congrats!!

Way to "Stand up and stand tall"! I doubt we will ever know just how many people you have helped through your strength and determination.

Thank you.

Now. Get mov'n with your new tool and brightened mindset. :)

Prayers --lots of prayers going up for you.

I just did a little research and Almanza has tons of allegations and law suits. I believe every word. Him not actually touching your stomach might have been a blessing in disguise. I am glad you back on the right track and that he didn't harm you more than he did.

So glad to hear things are looking up and you are on track. I can't help but think how scary all that must have been - that Almanza experience. When I read sleeve stories I would always cringe at the surgery factory. And to find out later he just made cuts without any bariatric impact and didn't disclose what/why happened- appalling and fraudulent.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

@@Threetimesacharm

Wow, thanks so much for your kindness. yes I agree for the most part the people here seem very decent, I just got on the wrong side of a few I guess. I'm working my stuff out,,, i mean it was SUCH a culture shock moving from a very diverse and progressive city to the mountains of NorCal to tend to my folks. We lost pops this last Dec, but my mom is hanging right in there, turning 89 this month. Still dont have anywhere near the network I had back home and my lifestyle has become quite sedentary... booooo.. bad!! But I'm working on changing that. Been doing a lot of work in the back yard and bought a bike rack and new bike. I was just so spoiled before, open the garage door, hop on the bike and 40 feet away was the trailhead of one of the best bike trails in Anchorage. Here, I have to drive 29 miles to get to a park thats ride-able. Everything is an adjustment when change is involved isnt it??Again, thanks so much for your kind words of support and for believing me.

There has been a recent post, "So Confused. Newbie here/help". Please take the time and offer her, "the rest of the story".

I believe that sometimes we are so desperate for WLS that we only hear the "good time" stories.

I think the poster could really benefit from some communication with you.

Thank you.

dr. mario Almanza? he's had many fatalities. I am hoping it's not the same one. I know bariatric pal isn't associated with him anymore. hopefully it's not the same guy.

http://www.10news.com/news/team-10-dozens-injured-during-weight-loss-surgery-in-Mexico

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Wow! Thank you soo much for posting the video/article. Hopefully it will help some folks who have not yet booked their surgeries.

I know many sleevers have success stories when going to Mexico, but as for "me and mine"?

We'll stay in the ol' USA. Where if one does have a "problem" there is an attainable legal system to help.

Wow!

@@GSleeve822

yes darlin', its the same guy. I wish i would have RUN AWAY as soon as the hairs on the back of my neck raised. unfortunately, I am still having many bowel problems, but HEY, I'm ALIVE and not in a coma. DAMN HIS EYES!!!! I despise that monster

@

• Sue Brat Kee Ashe
  • You are right, I didnt mention my diet. I went for 7 years vegetarian, gluten free and did great. With the move, the depression I did fall off many wagons. I totally understand what i did wrong. it just got SO FAR out of my control that I felt it was insurmountable. I'm climbing up out of that damn hole.

I'd be very interested in learning more about how "you fell off the wagon". What did you start eating, how much, how often, was alcohol involved?

There are a lot of people on this forum who are concerned about long term maintenance. We all take notice to someone who fails after 7 years of success (there but by the Grace of God go I).