Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am thankful I didn't have to do a pre-op diet. I did purposely eat lighter the days leading up to my surgery. I was told liquids only after 9 pm the day before. I simply drank herbal tea, diluted apple juice and Water.< /p>

I'm on a 7 week pre-op diet. 5 weeks on the Atkins induction diet followed by 2 weeks of Protein Shakes. It's tough.

I am officially on day 14th of my preop diet. It has been hard specially when I have to come home and cook for family. I cheat on day 4th but got back on track. Each day I asks God for strength. 3 days away from surgery am excited and nervous.

@@lily3 Good for you! You're almost there.

I just found out that I am supposed to do a 1 month 100% liquid diet....nothing solid....no yogurt...nothing carbonated.....it seems most people only have to do 1 or 2 weeks of a liquid diet.....it will be torture and I believe I will not be able to 100% stick to it.

I travel a lot for work and I wanted to have the surgery during my longest break which is 12 weeks... Now that I have to suffer through 4 weeks of liquid I will only have 8 weeks to recover and be ready for a 5 week, 3 city work trip which will be a challenge.

I am already overwhelmed at the changes in my "new" life and I feel like the Dr just gave me a huge new hurdle to get over....and it angers me. A month with no food seems impossible!!!

@@MauiGirl5555 - You need to go back and speak with the doctor. You need to express your fears and concerns with him. He may offer a compromise. If he doesn't then you can decide if this is the surgeon for you or if you want to tough it out and try it. I'm assuming all liquids is predominately Protein Shakes. If you are willing to try then I advise you to start sampling now. You will need both sweet and savory Protein Drinks or you palette will get fatigued.

Whatever you decide, I wish you well.

I just found out that I am supposed to do a 1 month 100% liquid diet....nothing solid....no yogurt...nothing carbonated.....it seems most people only have to do 1 or 2 weeks of a liquid diet.....it will be torture and I believe I will not be able to 100% stick to it.

I travel a lot for work and I wanted to have the surgery during my longest break which is 12 weeks... Now that I have to suffer through 4 weeks of liquid I will only have 8 weeks to recover and be ready for a 5 week, 3 city work trip which will be a challenge.

I am already overwhelmed at the changes in my "new" life and I feel like the Dr just gave me a huge new hurdle to get over....and it angers me. A month with no food seems impossible!!!

Well the 8 weeks to recover should be plenty of time. The incisions are healed by 6 weeks.

A month is brutal. I'd ask your doctor if it can be shortened, or if you can have a modified diet for 2 weeks followed by liquid for 2 weeks.

@@BLERDgirl and @@GutBgone

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. I live in Hawaii and this DR is the only DR that performs the surgery on my island and is covered by my insurance....otherwise I would have switched b/c he is not a fan of the sleeve. He tried very hard to convince me to do a bypass. (He tries to convince all of his patients to do a bypass unless they have less than 75 total pounds to loose.) I feel like the DR is a little mad at me for sticking with the sleeve...he made me see him 2 different times so he try to sell me on bypass before he would sign off on the sleeve to be sent into my insurance. He made me say out loud to him that I understand I am going against his first choice of a procedure.

Not sure I can do it for a month.......not sure if I want to modify things without telling him by doing 2 weeks of shakes with at least 1 healthy meal and fruits/vegetables and then do 2 weeks of full liquid.....I dont want to start off everything with a lie ....but I wouldnt describe the DR as being flexible....

Thanks for listening. Aloha.

So... I'm on day one of my preop diet... all Protein Shakes for 2 weeks. Day 1 and I'm dreading the next 13 days LOL. Now I understand why they talk about low energy... I'm dragging right now and it has been less than a day! Well, I guess that's one of the reasons to do this now, gets your body used to what's coming. How did you all feel energy wise during the preop high protein/ minimal carb diet? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Tomorrow I start my 2wk pre op diet and I am freaking out! The last two days I have ate so much I could vomit! I feel bad. I hope I don't $&@% this up and focus on the end result ????

MauiGirl5555, Did your doctor say anything about your liver being exceptionally large? That is the only reason I could think of for such a long liquid diet. There have been a couple of people on the forum who only had to do one day or two? I had to do ten days. I hope you can have another conversation with your doctor. I suppose you could just tell him that one month seems awfully harsh for someone who works on the go and extensively drives a motor vehicle - and would he think that is even safe. If you could convince him that you will be the best patient he's ever had, maybe he would cave in a little. Back yourself up with a little research. The one with the most documentation wins. Good luck, dear.

So... I'm on day one of my preop diet... all Protein Shakes for 2 weeks. Day 1 and I'm dreading the next 13 days LOL. Now I understand why they talk about low energy... I'm dragging right now and it has been less than a day! Well, I guess that's one of the reasons to do this now, gets your body used to what's coming. How did you all feel energy wise during the preop high protein/ minimal carb diet? :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

After about the 4th day my body adjusted and I started feeling better, just keep the Protein up! Good luck! ????

1st day on low cal and it isn't too bad post-251723-14321424870008_thumb.jpg today's lunch 330 cal