Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You need to discuss this with your doctor. I can say that after surgery I have been off diabetes medication. My numbers have been under 100 since leaving the hospital. Pre-op I still needed it, but I did see my numbers going down as I lost weight. I was on 1 kombiglyze per day and no insulin prior to surgery.

@ - Pre-op is a pain in the rear and brace yourself now because depending on your doctor's protocol you may have 2 - 4 weeks of full or clear and/or liquids. I had 2 weeks of full liquids and by week 1 I was ready to toss every Protein shake in my house out the window! The saving grace was finding unflavored Protein powder that I could add to Soup or broth to cut the constant sweetness of the shakes.

The upswing is those weeks eventually come to an end . Like many I just sucked it up and made it through those 2 weeks. I have no issues or complications, no vomited or slimed and can eat what I want in a reasonable portion.

So when you get fed up just remind yourself this is all temporary and this is training for the new eating lifestyle you are adopting to live a healthier life!

Getting the operation on 5/8...2 days away! I am so irritable and can't focus at all. I have 2 days of Clear Liquids....can't wait to get this over with!

Getting the operation on 5/8...2 days away! I am so irritable and can't focus at all. I have 2 days of clear liquids....can't wait to get this over with!

I don't want to burst your bubble, but the post-op diet is no picnic either. You won't be physically hungry, so that will help a lot, but you WILL have head hunger. You'll see commercials on TV or your family eating real food or smell food as you are passing by and it will drive you crazy. It's a long road ahead for you, but my advice is to be patient. It may seem excruciatingly slow in the beginning, but the reality is that it's just a couple of months until you feel "normal" again and can eat more "normal" food and participate in "normal" activities. Hang in there and make sure you stick to the plan for the sake of your healing stomach.

I suddenly am like oh my gosh i need cheesecake and a cheeseburger oh an sushi. Lol But I also want to see my vajj again so no cheating haha

Omgsh u made me laugh so hard with this!!!! ????

I defintitely understand everyone's pain!

I'm on my third day of my pre-op and I cheated yesterday for Cinco de mayo (added more calories than I should have consumed, plus I had a margarita).

Today, I've been on the straight and narrow, but I'm at work and they have homemade German chocolate Cake in the breakroom and I'm like, "damn I want some" and damn it keeps calling me! But I ate my allowed sugar free jell-o and I'm out of here in in 30 minutes. So glad to have this forum to share with you all who empathize with my pain and growling stomach!

Surgery day is T-minus 12 days away!! #May18th

One thing I can say is this... the pre-op diet made me not fear surgery as much. Before I started the diet I was afraid of dying in surgery. But now I am saying "Cut me open! Get it over with!" I want regular food even if it's pureed into paste!

I moved back in with my parents for multiple reasons (20 and recent college grad) and must say it is so much harder to do the pre-op at home. At my apartment with roommates they never cooked! Now my dad is making Mahi Mahi with mashed potatoes and pork chops with green bean casserole! Ughhh I actually had to leave the room because I couldn't stand to smell it.

Now only 4 days until surgery!!! And I'm down 13.6 pounds! I hate this pre-op but it sure does work!

One thing I can say is this... the pre-op diet made me not fear surgery as much. Before I started the diet I was afraid of dying in surgery. But now I am saying "Cut me open! Get it over with!" I want regular food even if it's pureed into paste!

I moved back in with my parents for multiple reasons (20 and recent college grad) and must say it is so much harder to do the pre-op at home. At my apartment with roommates they never cooked! Now my dad is making Mahi Mahi with mashed potatoes and pork chops with green bean casserole! Ughhh I actually had to leave the room because I couldn't stand to smell it.

Now only 4 days until surgery!!! And I'm down 13.6 pounds! I hate this pre-op but it sure does work!

I hate the diet as well!

I'm down 16 pounds and my surgery is May 11th! We got this!

Yea I feel you on this pre op road! I have wanted to cheat but I tell myself that if I cheat now I will cheat post op and I don't want the problems that come with that.

It was suggested to me to write a goodbye letter to my favorite foods (which is plenty) but my biggest down fall is Crackling and Boudian balls. So sometime between now and the 14th I will be writing that letter. Good luck and WE can do this!!

It's pizza Friday here at work and it's taking more willpower than ever to not snatch a slice. I literally want to scream. There's this tiny voice in my head saying "one bite won't hurt" and you've still got 12 days before surgery come on one little bite". Sigh.....why is this so hard?

It's pizza Friday here at work and it's taking more willpower than ever to not ****** a slice. I literally want to scream. There's this tiny voice in my head saying "one bite won't hurt" and you've still got 12 days before surgery come on one little bite". Sigh.....why is this so hard?

I'm not gonna lie, I've had pizza twice during my pre-op.

My dietician also said that super thin crust pizza with the sauce cheese Canadian bacon and pineapple IS a balanced meal! Maybe you can request that for yourself on your pizza Friday's at work!

It's pizza Friday here at work and it's taking more willpower than ever to not ****** a slice. I literally want to scream. There's this tiny voice in my head saying "one bite won't hurt" and you've still got 12 days before surgery come on one little bite". Sigh.....why is this so hard?

I feel your pain! Stay strong and if you have to go outside so you can't smell it or see others eating it.

My 3rd day of the pre-op there was an icecream social at work. Gallons of icecream in the freezer, waffle bowls, yum yum yum yum, but I had to politely decline. And even then people were trying to make me eat it! WTF! (Granted none of them know I am having surgery but still, no means no). They even sent someone out to cover my work so I could go stuff my face but I had to stay strong. In my head I was thinking "Stop! I don't want a bowl, I want an Olympic pool filled with ice cream that I must eat my way out of!"

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I don't think I've ever been so miserable when it comes to food. I always thought I didn't have a food addiction but after today I think I may have been wrong. I felt sick and light headed and got a sudden headache. But I knew if I had one bite it would turn into at least 2 slices. It makes me question, will I be able to handle the post-op?

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I don't think I've ever been so miserable when it comes to food. I always thought I didn't have a food addiction but after today I think I may have been wrong. I felt sick and light headed and got a sudden headache. But I knew if I had one bite it would turn into at least 2 slices. It makes me question, will I be able to handle the post-op?

I know what you mean with the food addiction. I knew I was an addict but I guess I didn't realize to what extent I enjoyed food, the planning, eating, endless eating. I no longer look forward to Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Snacks like I used to. lunch time at work isn't as special with a Protein shake...

I had the same symptoms as you with light headed, headache, a little nausea. My therapist said these are signs of detox.

I have the same worries as you... I'd like to think things will be easy after the surgery, but I know they won't be. The whole pre-op diet I've been fantasizing about an asiago bagel with onion and chive cream cheese! For 12 days now! The only reason I haven't eaten it is because I want to be healthy for surgery and not die on the operating table... but after surgery... I'm not sure what I would do and that scares me.