Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2015 Bandsters --ANYONE?!?

I was banded on February 6, 2015. I've read so many threads on here since even before my surgery and it's been so helpful. I just haven't really connected with anyone that was banded around the same time as me as I'm interested in others progress and if mine is normal. I started my pre-op diet on January 27th. As of April 27 (3 months), I've lost 48.5lbs. I have a lot of weight to lose, so even though I've already lost 48.5lbs, I have another 150lbs to lose. Im definitely not in the green zone as I feel very little restriction in my band. I just have exercised the pounds off. What I've done so far I could've done without the band bc it wasn't really helping me any until after I had my second fill 2 weeks ago. I started to feel some difference, but there's no way I'm there yet. The dr said i have 5cc's in a 10-12cc band. When I go back in 2 weeks I plan to request another fill. I'm still able to eat way too much food than I should be eating and I'm not eating until my stomach feels full, just until I'm satisfied and that's something I'm working on learning every day. I've pretty much cut out the between meal snacking. I struggle the most in the evening and at night.

Anyway, just curious about other people who are near my banding date. I'm interested in other experiences and I'm always open to new ideas and advice too!!

Started 1/27/15 - 409

4/27/15 - 360.5

I will attach a pic of my progress. post-241033-14303328966882_thumb.jpg

I was banded a year ago. I just wanted to tell you you're doing great. This is the hard part. At the right fill level it becomes so much easier. But creep up on your green. Don't overshoot it.

Congrats. You look happier and healthier already!

I echo JWM above and take this band filling in small increments I think of it a bit like a balloon. Once overinflated, it doesn't look or feel the same.

You are almost 50 lbs lighter and if you do your part, you will not see that weight again. ????

Seems like Protein, Water and exercise really work... Trust the process and best wishes!

I was banded on 1/27/15. I have lost 37 pounds since surgery (80 total since August.). I have 1.2cc's in a 10cc band. I've only had 2 fills but honestly feel like I am very close to green. I can easily go 5 hours between meals without hunger. I always think I could eat more than 4oz but I honestly think if I would just listen to my belly I really couldn't. I have averaged 10lbs a month weight loss since surgery so I'm happy with that. That has always been my goal and I'm achieving it.

While I admit I hate the gym (lol) I try to get there for at least 3-4 nights a week for 45 minutes on the treadmill then resistance training. I keep the incline up on the treadmill and burn over 600 calories which I truly believe is key.

Good luck on your journey, sounds like you're doing great! It's amazing how good we feel about ourselves already, isn't it? ????☺️

I was banded 2nd feb this year, I'm in Australia so I'm not sure how many pounds I've lost, but 18kgs lol, I'll try to work it out later!

I have 5.2-5.5 mls in my bad and I feel quite restricted, just had my 3rd fill today, and I have noticed a huge difference, I think I may have hit that green!

Great job!

I will say I don't really feel restriction. Either that or I do and I just don't 'get' what it feels like. I've heard people say they can feel Water going down and I just don't have that.

Either way though my band truly seems to be working for me and I can't wait to see what I look like by Christmas!

Oh yeah, I can definitely feel Water going down, sometimes if I forget to eat slowly then it hurts but mostly it just feels normal lol, you have done a fantastic job and I'm sure by Christmas you will look AMAZING. At the rate you're going!

I was banded on January 21, 2015. I'm really happy with my band but still struggling to get to the green zone. I've lost around 30 lbs but most of it was preop diet. Since then my loss has been really slow. The positive points though are that I eat much healthier than I did before and avoid a lot of unhealthy foods. I'm anxious to get to the green zone so my weight loss will hopefully become more steady. And, btw, you do look great!

I was banded on March 10th. I've lost around 28 pounds but really didn't start to feel any restriction until last week at my 2nd fill. I have 6cc in a 10cc band. I don't think I'm in the green but maybe I will be after my next fill. You look great so you obviously are doing something right!

Hi!! I was banded on 9 Feb 2015. I've lost 15kgs so far (I think that's just a little over 30 pounds). I have about 20kgs more to lose. I already feel so much better, less bloated and heavy. I've had two fills so far, the last one about three weeks ago. I now have 4CCs in my 10 CC band.

I'm not feeling any restriction at the moment and have really been struggling with cravings (I daydream about fields of chocolate and bread) so will definitely have to have another fill. I haven't lost weight over the last two or three weeks and I think a lot of that has to do with inconsistency in applying the rules. I've become quite slack with watching my bite sizes and timing between mouthfuls. I want to work on that before I get my next adjustment.

What's really strange (or unexpected) is the challenge with drinking anything.. I can have only a tiny sip at a time or else it just won't go down. Weird sensation!

I'm really pleased with my progress so far. The weight loss has been slower than I anticipated, but that's probably because I still haven't started working out yet. No excuse for that.

Good luck to you! I hope everything continues to go well.

Can I just add that I'm LOVING not looking 9 months pregnant ... Being that I'm not pregnant at all. The pic on the left was taken in April 2014. I was heavier on the date of my surgery. The pic on the right (I'm standing with my aunt) was taken almost two months ago.. I've lost about 3kgs since then. post-247814-14325260204497_thumb.jpg

I'm just curious how you Feb 2015 bandsters are doing now??? I've lost 61lbs, but nothing in the last 2 months. I made an appt with my surgeon to see him today to see if I need another adjustment. It seems like I do, but my dr argues with me every time I ask for one. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else reached a plateau like I have. I exercise 4 days a week and I don't count calories, but j don't feel like I eat very much. I might be eating more than I think I am.

I was banded February 27 and I feel like I reached a plateau also. I have lost about 60 lbs both before and after my surgery, which is wonderful and I am not complaining. I also have 4.8mls in a 10ml band, but unlike my nurses I feel like I need a fill. I also walk for exercise, but don't count calories. I just make sure of my daily Protein intake is enough and don't cheat too much at my sugar intake.

So I just wanted to check in with you ladies. It's been about a year since my surgery. I went from 409 to 337 as of today. That's 72lbs in a year. I feel like it should've been more. My original goal was 100lbs the first year. I just feel like my weight loss has stalled. I think I need to track my calories. I think I'm eating more calories than I think. I also quit exercising for the last month. It's time to get that started again because I can't lose weight without exercise! Anyway, just wonder how everyone else is doing?