Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEED ENCOURAGING....

OK, I am needing tips and encouragement. I was sleeved on August 12, 2015 and I can't say I have fallen off the bandwagon, but I am struggling. I am not gaining any weight back, but I am staying the same. I have lost a total of about 85 lbs. In the last 5 months my life has been altered in many ways and I have gotten into some mindless snacking. I work full time, go to school, lost my mom in November and my daughter and her family (including my grand baby) moved away in March. A lot of life changes have stirred up some emotional eating behaviors that I am ashamed to admit too.

I know that it is an issue, and starting next month I will be attending support groups (class on Tuesdays made it impossible to go before) but any ideas, tips, encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Were you sleeved in August 2013 or 2014?

My main tip is to go back to basics. Weigh, measure and log food. Water load between meals. Eat Protein FIRST. Every meal, every time. Look for ways to increase activity.

I have observed that when I "eat right" I have less emotional attachment to food. I sincerely believe that overeating is a combination of a physical AND emotional triggers. Sometimes - I can't quickly solve the emotional stress, but i CAN solve the way i eat which just makes everything better. When I start eating and/or drinking junky carby food my cravings go way up.

You have a full plate (no pun intended)!!! No wonder you are in a tizzy! Maybe it's time to step back and baby yourself a little. Who needs it more?! You are a very busy person, but do you take some time for you? Have you set aside quality "me" time? Maybe you should!

Why not make a list of things you love to do, anything from small hobbies to great travels you'd like to take? Then, as time and funds permit, when these harder times hit you, go to that list and pull out something wonderful! Anything from a quick cross-stitch kit to booking a kayaking trip, window-shopping at a high-end shop or doing a 5k run. All kinds of things, things to LOOK FORWARD TO!!! To pull you up and out of those snack-times, those hard times. Instead of going to the Snacks, go to the event. Even if you can't do the event at that moment, you could research it, pack for it, plan for it...... it gets your mind off the snacking. Always have a hobby at the ready, something for your hands...to keep them busy. Do it while watching the TV or talking on the phone. Have it readily available so you can just grab it. I do crochet, and it helps me keep the hands busy, my mind busy, and I can watch my favorite programs at the same time!

If you DO need to snack, have it pre-portioned (such as an ounce of almonds, cheese cubes, jerky) and ready to grab. I pre-portion things like this in divided containers that I keep on the pantry shelf. Just grab and go. And the high Protein snack helps get me through to meal-time. Just enough salt, crunch and chew. I bought a lot of these containers, so I could fill tem once a week and have it ready to go. No more fiddling around in the cupboards!

We all go through these hard times, just know you are not alone! We are here for you!

Thank you both! I have recently taken up crocheting again CanyonBaby and I signed up for a 5k for like end of June I believe. I would really like to reach my 100lb mark by August (surgery date) and that reminds me CowgirlJane, it was August of 2014. I am not losing at the moment, but not gaining either, so I should be grateful! Thank you for the advice! :) I know I can do this....sometimes it just helps to feel like you have that support. Someone to help back you up! Thanks again!!