Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAT FOODS GETS STUCK or give you problems?

:hungry: I had a question - I wanted to see what types of foods bother all the different people out there...Please send a quick reply and let me know what foods bother you. I think this will help others in preventing the same experiences.

Thanks in advance!

how did u lose so much weight and what do u eat at a meal.

I can't do bread, Buns, tortilla shells, cake, muffins. I can sometimes do a piece of ww toast if it's really toasty and hard.

Wheat thins, rice cakes, soy crisps all go down well.

I am pretty lucky. I don't eat bread because their is no nutritional value, but I know if I chew something well enough, and take itty bitty bites, I can eat just about anything.

I seem to have a problem eating any kind of meat unless it has been boiled to shreds in a Soup. Sometimes eggs cooked any style, bread, any type of cake and rice.And last but not least anything fried or breaded. Actually my band is so fickle she changes weekly sometimes daily in what she will allow me to eat.(I named my band Ofc. Bandy as in food police officer)LOL!!!

<p>BREAD! pasta! and anything before 12 pm! For me it gets easier as the day goes on...but first is liquid...then I work up to food! BuT like I say, Pasta is advanced eating for me! I can do meat, just not early, as to be lunch or dinner.</p>

I have to say I have no problem eating anything really, but I have not even tried rice! and I have no fill(doc said i didn't need it) so that may be a ood reason plus i chew it to DEATH.

I got stuck on cooked broccoli tonight. I didn't chew it well enough and I didn't wait long enough in between bites. It's definitely a new way to eat, once you have the band!

DONUTS?!!! LOL!!!! :) :) :grouphug:

Too afraid to try that!!!! Brave one you are!! :) :)

Mine are steak and Pasta all the time.Sometimes chicken.

My fav. food right now is turkey and cheese. Take a slice of turkey and roll it up in a slice of swiss cheese with a little mustard and VIOLA! Lunch!!

I'm VERRRRY tight right now, but here's mine:

ANYTHING before noon.

Any meat unless it's in a Soup.< /p>

Pretty much any big carbs- bread, potato, rice, chips, etc.

It works out great for me because those carbs were what put the most weight on me in the first place!

Deli ham, turkey from a roasted breast, but I can eat sliced deli turkey (go figure!), brownies, cake, sometimes crackers.

Rice ( I run from this like a tsunami )

bread like loaf bread in the store.

spaghetti

Tomato sauce like marinara messes my stomach up so I stay away from it.

Hi There,

I will be banded August 20th and I know I will start with the Clear liquids. How do you handle the fact that you cannot enjoy food they way you used to? Also, do people use toddlers sippy cup to drink from? And, can people tolerate some coffee in the morning? Thanks for answering my questions.

new2tch

Hi There,

I will be banded August 20th and I know I will start with the Clear Liquids. How do you handle the fact that you cannot enjoy food they way you used to? Also, do people use toddlers sippy cup to drink from? And, can people tolerate some coffee in the morning? Thanks for answering my questions.

new2tch

Hi there. I'm going to speak for just me but honestly, my taste buds changed. Yup. After the surgery it was like I could care less if I saw anything sugary ever again. Weird. So having some restriction ( think Thanksgiving FULL before you overstuff ) puts a cap on wanting to eat like you use to.

If you want a sippy cup, go for it. I drink my liquids from a bottle, room temp (because cold makes the stomach constrict) and I drink my liquids anytime but with food. I stop drinking 30 minutes before I eat dinner and don't drink until 30 minutes after. The idea is to fill your stomach pouch with only food instead of liquid and food. That's what I was told so that's what I do.

coffee. I drink coffee daily. I'm a coffee snob. Gevalia Kona. My drink of choice. Toast to you love. Best of luck. I'm so glad I had this done and only wish I had it sooner!