Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

seems funny now that I think of how scared I was of the actual surgery. Once that mask goes over your face....you wake up and it's over. I woke up with gas pains and nausea. All I can remember saying is "pain, nausea," over and over. I think my issue Was the anaesthesia. I had to throw up so much. But it's a weird throw up. You're just throwing up a foamy blood like thing. So it's not Too bad. Once they gave me the nausea meds I was out and sleeping. I have some soreness today but it's not too crazy. That first shower felt amazing. When I got my bandages changed everything felt nice too. Now I just have to sit and wait and try to get as much sleep as possible. Had my first Popsicle and it was delicious! Anyone else have a ton of nausea after surgery? It's gone now but dang that sucked.

@@Joshua Barbour

Oh yeah, That was the worst. I was dry heaving until the next morning. When i was finally released all was well but my gosh those first hours were a nightmare.

Are you on a PCA pain pump? When I wan on mine I was doing laps and laughing and home in 24 hours. I hope it will be perfect for you but for me it is excruciating, pain I did not know existed. I am an RN with a high pain threshold which has been tested multiple times. This is like being ripped apart.

Well done, folks! And welcome to the loser's bench! All described appear to be normal, and should pass in time. There will be difficult times, emotionally and physical, but with this support site, it helps it all pass so much more tolerably. NOW, go baby yourselves a little!!!!

Since I've had many surgeries, and just as many recoveries (Thank you Lord!!!), I always tell the anesthesiologist about my severe nausea. They then adjust for this, and I always have a patch put behind my ear, as well. Very little nausea results. Make sure you tell them about a nausea issue, so they can be read for it!

Do they give preventative nausea and vomiting meds? That kinda freaks me out

I tell my surgeon and anesthesiologist make sure u give me anti nauseous, antacid , anxiety reducer before I no it I'm well taken care of! No worries..no nauseous no nerves, relaxed no tummy problem! Tell them what you need. Iv had a dozen surgeries over the yrs last few much better. No morphine for me. They give to much and that was making me sick..the delodid does much better on me.and very little needed..????

I had my surgery on April 21st and I was extremely nauseous when I woke up from anesthesia. I did not have a hospital stay as my doctor uses a local hotel for two nights after surgery to keep costs down as I was a sell payer. He did prescribe me phenegrin suppositories and they worked great! I never felt nauseous again and I am one week post op and feel great! Just started my thickened liquids and I am having a tough time with Protein Shakes though. Hope recovery goes well and welcome to the losers bench!

I'm making mental notes to inquire about nausea when the time comes. I do have a question about he gas pain. Is there anything that you can compare it to? Also does everyone experience it?

I'm not sure if everyone experiences it but I would imagine they would since they fill you with carbon dioxide gas so there is more room for surgery. My gas pains thankfully only lasted about 3-4 days. They were the worst the night of surgery. You can usually feel it in your shoulders or upper back and it feels like pressure. I used gas x strips a lot and it seemed to help.