Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

70% EWL And Have Stopped Losing

I'm 6 months post op and have stopped losing for at least a month. Is this normal? I'm eating about 800 calories per day, getting in all my Water and Protein. Am I through losing? Please help!

I am 6 months out also, saw the doctor on Tues. He said I was doing great at my weight loss. I've lost 50 pounds so far and I'm so happy, if I have to stay here at this weight then so be it. Yes I'm on a stall, but my clothes are getting way big. I went from a 18 pant to a 14, then 2 weeks later I'm in a 10. Yep so happy, but those got loose and I went shopping yesterday I'm a size 8 now woo hoo!

Haven't lost any in 2 weeks but in inches I have lost. So hang in there the scales will move again. I had a 1 1/2 month stall in those 6 months but then the weight loss started again. Just b happy with what your doing, might kick up the calories a bit. I still have an Unjury shake in the am, dr said it was great.

Good luck

6 months post op stopped losing for a month. Is this normal

@@sukik

sure its normal silly head ;)

many people have periodic stalls throughout their journey :(

the good new is that in 6 months - this is your first stall???

if that is the case - that is great :)

you are doing great with your food plan :)

eating, drinking, Protein all sound right :)

take your measurements

many times when people have temporarily stopped loosing weight

their measurements numbers are going down??

clothing fitting any better???

"maybe" your calories are lower than necessary

check with your doc/NUT

you are eating so few calories that the weight has to come off B)

sleeve or no sleeve

"God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It" :D :D

don't worry too much

that only causes wrinkles :o :lol:

good luck

kathy

i am at 9 months out and just hit my first stall too but the scale finally moved this morning!! I hope that means the wait is over - i have been stalled out for over 3 weeks now and it was kinda bumming me out but my clothes were still getting baggy so i guess i was still losing inches - it is crazy how this all works!! but i hope i am out of this stall and i hope you don't stay in yours long either!

I'm just under 3 months out and my doc has me eating 100-1100 Cals a day. Maybe you need to increase your Cals a little.

Yes Im almost at 7 months and been at a stall as well for about two months went to see my nutrionist and she stated I should typical be eating about 1000 calories a day i was getting about 800-900 I'm going to do my liquid diet for a week and exercise more and incorporate running or jogging into my fitness goals...to jump start some weight loss

Edited by Melissayw816

Its now been two months since I've lost weight! Im going to up my calories, lower my carbs, and force myself to exercise more.

#9grammy in TWO WEEKS you went from a size 14 to a 10?? WHOLEY MOLEY! I started at an 18-20 in March and am down to a 14-16 now. I would be thrilled if I could get in to a 10 in 2 weeks! Awesome for you!

y surgical / nutritionist team old me that by 6 months I should be eating 1,000 calories. I edged up slowly from about 800 (at start of 5 months). Months 7-8 I was eating 1,200 calories. I never stopped losing. Hit goal at 8-1/2 months post-op.

BTW, I bet your inches are still shrinking.

2bullymom, I think it was I just couldn't believe I was smaller. I kept buying 14-12 pants and I'd wear for an hour and they would be baggy, really bad. So I went in and got a 10, now I can wear some 10's and some 8's. But my top I like it bigger, do have some larges as long as they hide the belly flab lol.

Hang in there you to shall get down and it's a great feeling.

If I couldn't lose any more than the 50 I have I will be happy. My new husband loves the new me, well he loved me before but I get more compliments now.