Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many of you continue the shakes in your diet after many months after surgery?

I have a Chike coffee Protein shake every single morning. It tastes wonderful.

On the weekends I have Marley (as in Bob) Garden of Life Raw Fit coffee or Spiced vanilla Chai for a quick lunch. Also delicious. Not quite as delicious as Chike and all their fabulous flavors, but nice for variety if I don't feel like tossing some fruit in to a Chike strawberry, Orange Creme, banana, etc.

I use my blender and add ice. Comes out like a real shake.< /p>

I have to look into this Chike stuff you are talking about. Sounds good to me.

I switched from Protein Shakes to bars once I was allowed solid foods. I am hesitant to drink my calories and don't find the shakes filling. If I have a bar for a meal or a snack, it makes me feel full until my next meal or snack.

I think there is room for a bit of balance. I personally find the bars to carb heavy and only keep 1 or 2 in my car for emergencies. I make a morning shake because I work out most mornings and it's not good to work out on an empty stomach. Perhaps it's because of what I put in mine, typically, yogurt and some sort of fruit and/or veg like spinach, occasionally a bit of tumeric or flax powder, even oatmeal in addition to Protein powder. It's enough to keep me full but not so much that my stomach gets upset while working out. However the rest of the day and on non gym days I am eating real food and getting my Protein and nutrients from real food. I discussed this with my nutritionists because there was the concern about drinking my calories. Because I am getting most of my protein from food and my shakes are a little more complex, she is okay with it.

I have a Chike coffee Protein shake every single morning. It tastes wonderful.

On the weekends I have Marley (as in Bob) Garden of Life Raw Fit coffee or Spiced vanilla Chai for a quick lunch. Also delicious. Not quite as delicious as Chike and all their fabulous flavors, but nice for variety if I don't feel like tossing some fruit in to a Chike strawberry, Orange Creme, banana, etc.

I use my blender and add ice. Comes out like a real shake.< /p>

I have to look into this Chike stuff you are talking about. Sounds good to me.

The Coffee is normally on Amazon for a lot cheaper than it is on the Chike site (plus free shipping for Prime members). Today it's $27.95 on Amazon but $32.95 on the Chike website.

The other flavors are much cheaper on the Chike website. Tubs are $26.95 ea. and get cheaper when you buy 2. Amazon sellers act like the other flavors are made out of gold and charge extreme prices.

They sell a sample pack for under $10 of all their flavors. I got that to start out with and got hooked. I first heard about Chike from "The World According To Eggface" WLS blogger. She makes all kinds of stuff with their Protein powders and her recipes always turn out great.

I drink 1-2 shakes a day. I think I will continue this forever. When I was playing sports or working out during the off-season and when getting myself ready to join the Army I did the same. Now that I am active again and work out a lot I am back at it. Unlike a lot of people on here I LOVE my brand of Protein and would not drink anything else! It is part of my daily routine. I agree "eating your calories is best but with as hard as I workout and as active as I am outside the gym it is hard for me to get all of the Protein I need just in my food intake! Plus my shakes range in the calorie count between 130-170 cal. depending on how I make it so even at 2 a day I am only drinking 340 calories, I used to drink 3x that a day just in soda and beer!

I love coming home from the gym and tossing some fruit and ice in the blender with some Garden of Life vanilla raw Protein powder. 90 calories plus whatever fruit I added. 17 g of protein. Much better than sitting around eating cheese sticks.

I still have Protein supps (nearly 2 years post op) nearly daily. My goals have changed, but still, I enjoy my Protein Shakes.

I will continue with at least one per day because I work 3-11pm and don't really get a break to make something so drinking the shake will be easier. It makes getting my Protein in a bit easier too.

18 months out and still have one for breakfast- keeps me full til lunch!!!

I am over 2 years out and drink one RTD shake a day, usually add it to my morning tea to make a "mocha". On the weekends or when I feel ambitious, I make a shake from The Dashing Dish website. My hubby is not a WLS patient and drinks a shake a day because he is often too busy to stop for meals during the day.

I do at times when I don't wanna cook an its just me..

I am 3 months out and pretty much have a Matrix shake each morning for Breakfast. My husband who is not a WLS patient drinks one every morning too. It is much better than the danish he was having and it holds him to lunch.

I normally have a mid morning egg, spinach and Tomato and feta. But I drink my shake at 7 AM. My sugeon and NUT are fine with it.

I am over 2 years out and drink one RTD shake a day, usually add it to my morning tea to make a "mocha". On the weekends or when I feel ambitious, I make a shake from The Dashing Dish website. My hubby is not a WLS patient and drinks a shake a day because he is often too busy to stop for meals during the day.

I use shakes in my coffee! It's makes a good latte/mocha/whatever.

Usually I make up a Syntrax vanilla one and keep the shaker in the fridge and go through it in about three days worth of coffee. Or if I am lazy I use a pre made Atkins vanilla one.

I am 48 days out. *(maybe I should start counting weeks) and I'm recently down from 3 to 1-1.5 a day just to make sure I get in my 75g a day. I like them. They are very convenient and I have to be in class 3 nights a week....

I use GNC Lean 25 pre-made and they are very tasty.

Funny, this topic should come up. I just met with my nutritionist this past Saturday and she explained why we should wean off Protein shakes. Basically, we have to learn how to eat enough to get our Protein from food so we can keep ourselves feeling full longer. That will help avoid cravings for bad stuff. Protein from shakes is protein received, but in liquid form doesn't help to keep our tiny tummies full. Therefore, we can end up eating bigger portions than we should as time progresses. Our portions will eventually get bigger as the months pass from surgery. Our goal is to eat 3 distinct meals with small Snacks, but if we use fluids instead of meals we leave room for more bad stuff. Also she warned that patients will think "oh I've made my protein quota, I can eat this and this..." and they can bc there is room. Too much protein with bad stuff will cause weight gain.

She gave me a scheduled ratio for protein to carbs to ensure continued weight loss. BC if you eat too many carbs (good or bad) with protein you will gain weight back.

I don't have to worry about sugar or calories or fat - yet. She said focus on protein and carbs ratio and if you plateau we will examine the food log and see if sugar or calories or fat comes into play. I can't eat that much yet anyway- and still rely on at least 1 shake a day to meet.

I just got back from Bali, Indonesia and now in Singapore.

You bet I still drink shakes. When I can't find the right food it is far better than eating something too spicy or I have no idea what is in it. The shakes keep me on track. If I eat at a restaurant and what I ordered just isn't going to work for a variety of reasons, I know I can have a shake and I'll get the Protein I need. Also keeps me from fooling myself and eating some crap cuz I couldn't find the right foods at a asian restaurant.

And I really like Protein Shakes. Fuzzy navel has saved me many, many times from eating the wrong foods. And I do feel full with them most of the time.