Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 22nd is the Big Reset!

I can not believe how fast the time has passed, it was just yesterday I was worrying about getting approved for surgery and in two more days I'll be getting it. I am ecstatic about it. I am feeling a great deal of feelings, feelings of happiness and also sadness. I started this journey with my Mom, I wanted to do this with her, we were in the researching phase of the process, but soon after talking about it, she passed away, and at that moment I knew my weight and health was a serious issue..it always has been. Dealing with a list of medical problems and always going to ER, I knew I had to move forward with the plans, not just for myself but for my children ages 3 and 1. My Mom is gone and I know she always worried about my weight more than I did, so I'm doing this so that I can be around for my kids, so I can be an healthy example for them and also guide them on this healthy path of eating, so 22 Aprill is when I press the BIG reset button on my life and start over, I just wished we could have done it together in flesh, but now we can do it together in spirit....I am ready for this journey, my life depends on it!!!

And mom will be right there with you, KNOW THAT!!!!! She is SOOOOO proud of you (and so am I, for what it's worth), so hang tight with this. We'll be here to help you through it, fear not. And here's YOUR mental hug........hug........

Congratulations on your big day

Thank you so much, I really love the support here it is amazing!!!

I am sorry to hear about your mother, but I am glad that you are using that to motivate yourself. Take it one day at a time and you will do great.

Thanks, I can't sleep at all right now, I'm real really anxious and r ready to begin!!????

I too cannot sleep, I go in at 11 today! Congratulations to you!!!

Today is my big day???? I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I have to be at the hospital for 10 am keep me in your prayers???????????????? I'm praying for everyone having surgery today???? I pray we have a speedy recovery!

@@KalelsWifey that's my time too...Lets go!!????

@@riprene2002, I hope your doing well! How are you feeling? Are you able to take in your fluids? I am so stoked. I had surgery at 11, I've drank a ton of Water, some Decaf tea bout all I can handle right now. I have been walking the halls like crazy too. I hope your doing well and handling this well. Please keep me updated. Sending thoughts, luck and hugs.

Yea, they gave me Jello, crystal light, and water.....I've been walking too, that Gas is no joke.... I've been discharged so far so good, just gotta get through this liquid phase...

Since being home its been a bit more difficult. The pain is ridiculous. But i cannot take the oxycodone bc it makes me violently ill which doesn't feel good in the incision with the staples. I kust wish thesr next two to three weeks will fly bc right now i believe im in regretting phase. ..

Same here, I started saying the same thing, I should've been happy the way I was, which I wasn't it will get better just got to get through this phase, as soon as I took the meds within minutes it came back up, I sipped on some Soup today, it didn't want to stay down, I'm not hungry I'm just trying not to get dehydrated, so I'm sipping, taking gasx and even grabbed the spirometer, I'm about to go walking in a few it's a pain, but I just want to get passed this phase some go longer than two weeks I pray we recover sooner than that!!!!