Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fear of STRETCHING Sleeve!

@@Fatdiva14 I was wondering how you were doing!! I can't believe we're celebrating 3 months from our mutual surgery date on Tuesday!!!

I worry too about stretching, but I am learning to stop eating when I'm content and immediately push the plate away. My old habit would be to finish, heck, my old ways food never filled me! I was always hungry so the feeling of being full is still such a shock to me, but a good one!! I just keep thinking, I've never had this feeling. That was one of the major things I was worried about before the surgery - that I'd still be hungry.

I have had a Protein Cereal that my nutrionist recommended and I think I'm a bit lactose intolerant. I'm hoping it goes away eventually. I don't eat the Cereal a lot, but just wanted an option to occassionally have in stead of Egg Beaters every day and being a bit (not too bad - just gurgling, bit crampy stomach) is a bit of a bummer.

I know that I sometimes have hunger pangs, but have realized that it could be due to not having all of my liquids. I am hitting my Protein with the help of a shake that has 30 grams and so far, but need to be a bit better w/the liquids.< /span>

I still weigh, measure and write everything down.

Good Luck & Happy Sleeveversary! :D

If you're asking me, I know insurance sometimes pays for revision from band to sleeve, personally though Iv been self pay for all of my surgeries. I don't know if they pay to resleeve.

@@Band07 you were banded...then sleeved.....now going for a mini bypass?

If you're asking me, I know insurance sometimes pays for revision from band to sleeve, personally though Iv been self pay for all of my surgeries. I don't know if they pay to resleeve.

Where did you have your procedures done (sorry for asking if you already mentioned...)?

So this is YOUR sleeved stomach, one that is atypical because you already had a band and are now revising to a bypass?

I have heard that people who are first banded and then sleeved have more "issues" than those who are first sleeved. I'm not sure your xray is a fair example of a stretched sleeve. :)

I'm not sure why you refuse to believe this can happen but here are a few more for you that were not prior lap band patients and are not me. These are actually revision surgeries of those who had to be resleeved.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1429317110.749143.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1429317122.380683.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1429317131.348455.jpg

Never did I say I REFUSE to believe it's possible. It's my OPINION that if the procedure is done correctly, a sleeve will not stretch significantly. :) My opinion is based on my experiences and those of the sleevers I know, most of whom are 3-5 years out. This is also what I was advised by multiple surgeons.

It's my OPINION that your opinion has been vastly influenced by your own experience (understandable). Your thread here - http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/334573-sleeve-to-mgb-low-bmi/ - opened my eyes to your situation. I do hope you find the success you are seeking.

Band07 I just took a look at one of your old post. It states that you are 175 but want to be 150 and you are considering a revision. No judgment, I'm just curious, are you considering surgery to lose 15pds? I didn't know at such a low BMI a revision could be done. Again, just asking.

Your old post also states that you had the sleeve in 2013 and you have since gained 10 pounds. And that you have never really felt a restriction and can eat whatever you want... Is it possible that your surgery wasn't performed well or there is a decrease in its function because you are a revision from band?

Think of it as a challenge, and as an opportunity. Taste your food. Feel free to play games with it.

That sounds so naughty! :blush:

@ LipstickLady I wish I had your imagination... I was thinking of oogy boys in junior high school swirling the spinach into their milk! :)

@@Alex Brecher

Thanks so much for your response. I am taking it day to day and the fact that I am loosing weight helps me get over the fear. I think overall I just don't want to fail!

@@kathy0529

How are you doing? Yes we are both three months out. It went so fast and I can't believe the progress I've made.

I do get my liquids in, and I barely get in a lot of anything else because I focus so much on Protein drinks.

I've never heard of Protein Cereal. I may have to check that out. When I do eat cereal I put a little milk on my cereal because of the gurgling that takes place from the solids and liquid combination.

I hope all else is going well.

@@Band07

You said you've worked with sleeve patients for years? What do you do? :)

Don't laugh ... I'm a counselor, I did pre and post surgery counseling and ran all the support groups.

Band07 I just took a look at one of your old post. It states that you are 175 but want to be 150 and you are considering a revision. No judgment, I'm just curious, are you considering surgery to lose 15pds? I didn't know at such a low BMI a revision could be done. Again, just asking.

Your old post also states that you had the sleeve in 2013 and you have since gained 10 pounds. And that you have never really felt a restriction and can eat whatever you want... Is it possible that your surgery wasn't performed well or there is a decrease in its function because you are a revision from band?

It's true my sleeve was made larger because of scar tissue from the band. I said I would be happy at 150 heck today I would be happy at 160 ! 150 is still overweight though on the BMI scale for my 5' 3 1/2 height. This morning I was 188. At this point I easily have an extra 50 lbs to lose. My highest weight ever was 260, I was around 230 pre band surgery and I got down to 139, I maintained between there and 145 for years.

@@Fatdiva14 It has gone fast!!! I'm doing well. Walking at lunch and got a Fitbit one to track it. (Forgot it today though!). I'm having an issue w/my heal so I took yesterday and today off. I do weights though on the walking and non-walking days.

Special K has 2 Protein cereals. Both are good and one you could eat w/out the milk. I wonder if that's what the gurgle is about!! The liquid/solid combo. I just thought I was intolerant of the milk and when I measure what's left in the bowl, I've only consumed 1/4 cup! I don't want to have it everyday, just the option for something different.

It's funny, I knew I loved Carbs before the surgery, but I also loved chocolate, too. After the surgery I have zero craving for chocolate, but at Easter the doughy rolls were calling my name, but I said NO and had none of it. So, I guess I WAS more of a Carb addict than Chocolate!

I bought Protein Bars to try - I did not care for the Premier Protein Bar even though I drink their chocolate shake every day. I have a Nature Valley box that I bought, but didn't realize it had peanuts and I was told to wait 3 months for nuts so the box is waiting till after Tuesday!

Keep up the great work!!