Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do This! I eat what I want, thought small amts - because I don't want too or else it hurts or I spit-up. I do not follow any real "rules", just lose weight because I have no other choice! It took 3 fills to get where I think I need to be- Yes, I miss those huge stacks of buttery pancakes and syrup-ect... but I had to do something that would work for me- This takes all the real tough food choices away and leaves me with something I can deal with. Yes, I am mad at myself sometimes that it had to come to this, I could be mad at my husband for not being happywith my fat self, but now, I find myself almost inpatient with those who complain and complain about their weight! Just get up and do it!!!

Thank you for the push! I do need that. Some people just don't understand how hard it is to lose weight when it is genetic. I have tried everything.

Do This! I eat what I want, thought small amts - because I don't want too or else it hurts or I spit-up. I do not follow any real "rules", just lose weight because I have no other choice! It took 3 fills to get where I think I need to be- Yes, I miss those huge stacks of buttery pancakes and syrup-ect... but I had to do something that would work for me- This takes all the real tough food choices away and leaves me with something I can deal with. Yes, I am mad at myself sometimes that it had to come to this, I could be mad at my husband for not being happywith my fat self, but now, I find myself almost inpatient with those who complain and complain about their weight! Just get up and do it!!!

Hi, I am stephied, I had my last fill on 05/31/07. I am down 22 lbs. 15 of them 11 of them were post op. After my 3rd fill I really felt the restriction. I have a hard time fiuring out what to eat so it does not hurt. Do you always eat your protien first? Just need a few tips.

I eat what I can. I try to think protien, so if I think I need it, I have an egg. I can almost always handle pudding, Soup, ice cream, a couple bites of burger, crackers, candy. Strange, but I can eat more half sitting - half laying in a comfy chair. I can not think of anything I can not eat, some things just do not seem worth all the extra chewing and slowness. Somedays everthing must be...slow... slow..., but then sometimes I can handle a salad and oddly - yesterday I had 2 lobster tails! If I drink, I can't usually eat at the same time. I can eat a (1/2) deli sandwich minus some of the bread, a (1/2) juicy hamburger minus most of the bun, a Taco Bell bean burrito with cheese -just the insides (just suck it out and toss the tortilla), chips and salsa.

I think it is trial and error. Plus each day is different. I think some would have gone for an unfill being as full as I was after my last, but I just made it work! I would rather work at being a bit too tight, rather than be too loose and not lose!

I eat what I can. I try to think protien, so if I think I need it, I have an egg. I can almost always handle pudding, Soup, ice cream, a couple bites of burger, crackers, candy. Strange, but I can eat more half sitting - half laying in a comfy chair. I can not think of anything I can not eat, some things just do not seem worth all the extra chewing and slowness. Somedays everthing must be...slow... slow..., but then sometimes I can handle a salad and oddly - yesterday I had 2 lobster tails! If I drink, I can't usually eat at the same time. I can eat a (1/2) deli sandwich minus some of the bread, a (1/2) juicy hamburger minus most of the bun, a Taco Bell bean burrito with cheese -just the insides (just suck it out and toss the tortilla), chips and salsa.

I think it is trial and error. Plus each day is different. I think some would have gone for an unfill being as full as I was after my last, but I just made it work! I would rather work at being a bit too tight, rather than be too loose and not lose!

I had lapband surgery on March 26th and my BMI was 45, weight was 306, and my height is 5'9". I've only lost a whopping 26 pounds total since the surgery. The first 20 pounds came off within the first month, so according to my calculations I've only lost an additional SIX POUNDS in nearly 2 months??? I'm working out cardio/weights five days a week. My only regret is not having gastric bypass.

Whoa! Hey this is only June! March 26th and lost 26lbs!, 10-12 weeks at 1 lb per week would be only 10-12 pounds! Give this band a chance, you do not even have a complete fill yet and you have lost more than 2/week!!!! Takes most about 3 fills anyway! Get yourself a couple more fills and sit back and enjoy the ride- next year you will be happy, not fatter!!!

i have to disagree with you zingirl227. i have a friend who has had the gastric last year. yes that is true the weight loss is much more faster than the lap band but with that, she is sagging really bad and believe you me, she does get hungry just like the rest of us but as you know the difference between the surgeries. give it time, i hope that you haven't regretted your decision

hello seagogirl,

the answer to your question on my part in yes, yes, yes i would do it again. i don't regret it one bit. i had my band surgery on may 14th and was 242 and now 5 weeks later 208 i feel great!!!!! i had a easy surgery and a easy recovery i was lucky. as for my band i get very good restriction. i think the key to success is to do what they tell you. eat slow, chew food, drinks your fluids, don't push yourself or your band. food will always be there. take your time trying new foods just because you can eat don't mean you should eat what ever you want. i thought that i would miss alot of different foods but i don't, i have control and don't miss certain foods, yes sometimes i crave something, but i can come up with something to substitute for something healthier. one of my favorite treats is blue bunny sugar free ice cream with sugar Syrup and sugar free cool whip yuuuumy. good luck in your choice.

Well believe me gastric isn't the answer to everything. They will stretch there stomachs back to the way it use to be. And gain even more weight than they where before. We have a small stomach and you need to watch what you eat just like every diet. You just can't eat junk and exspect to lose weight. And it will be a life long commitment for the band.

Well believe me gastric isn't the answer to everything. They will stretch there stomachs back to the way it use to be. And gain even more weight than they where before. We have a small stomach and you need to watch what you eat just like every diet. You just can't eat junk and exspect to lose weight. And it will be a life long commitment for the band.

I have a friend who had gastric a little over a year ago, she lost 100 lbs real fast. Now, she has stretched her stomach out and is gaining. She is looking into getting the lapband now. She tells me that I made the right decision with the band and not gastric, she wishes that is what she had done to start with.