Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing TOO MUCH weight?

I have had people ask me if the weight loss was "on purpose" implying, are you terminally ill or something. So I think it can just be an adjustment for people who are used to seeing us very overweight to see us thin in a short amount of time. Especially confusing if they don't know about the surgery, which most of my co-workers don't either.

I will say that if you are emotionally healthy and don't have a history with eating disorders, that your body weight should find it's "happy place" or resting place eventually where everything kind of evens out. So while we have ideal numbers in mind, it may not be where our body wants to be. But I don't think - if you have resumed the "new normal" post-bariatric diet and arent' living on liquids and Protein shakes that you would ever be in danger of losing "too much weight."

I will say, though, that if you have a history of an eating disorder, this surgery can most certain trigger that. So in that respect, the surgery could be a contributing factor to an ugly old demon resurfacing. But if that's not something you ever struggled with, then I wouldn't worry about it. :-)

I think she was just being kinda nosy. lol people esp women at work tend to be gossipy and love something new to talk about. Not saying that she or any of the others were talking bad about you. Maybe they are just very curious to know how you did it. Strut it girl.

I get lots of those comments... "Don't lose any more weight." "You look great the way you are." "You're going to get too skinny." My standard response is a polite, "Thanks! Yeah I'm getting really close to the goal I set with my doctor." And then I keep on keeping on. But now, I'm one pound from the lowest I want to be. So for the first time in 50 years, I actually have to figure out how to stop losing weight. How weird is that?!! But that's okay. Better to figure it out from here than 50 or 80 pounds ago. So one suggestion I got from my "keep carbs as low as possible" doctor, is to add small amounts of starches back in. But very carefully, and only tiny amounts of the starches that you might eat as part of a meal, like brown rice, sweet potatoes, or whole-grain Pasta, but not bread! Stuff that doesn't taste good cold, so you won't be tempted to go grab a handful from the fridge or pantry. And then closely monitor how your body reacts.

Stick to your goal, @@GreenEyes604, and don't let anyone derail your program before you get there just because they're not used to seeing you looking so great!