Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

I am on Day 2 post op and it does get better. I too had lots of gas pain and man has it never felt so good to pass gas. The pain is tolerable. The doc has me on hydrocodone and acetaminophen ever 4 hours. I got home at 8 PM last night and it felt great sleeping at home. I had some sf Jello for Breakfast. I am doing my best to get in as much Water as possible.

I'm excited to hear how smoothly everything has gone from y'all. Yes, I'm from the South! Only 13 days to go!!! I can hardly wait! Please continue to keep us posted!

I am on Day 2 post op and it does get better. I too had lots of gas pain and man has it never felt so good to pass gas. The pain is tolerable. The doc has me on hydrocodone and acetaminophen ever 4 hours. I got home at 8 PM last night and it felt great sleeping at home. I had some sf Jello for breakfast. I am doing my best to get in as much Water as possible.

Congrats on being on the losers bench now. Good to know that the gas pain subsides ???????? lol it's definitely coming out lol

Good luck on your journey and I hope you heal quickly ????

I am on Day 2 post op and it does get better. I too had lots of gas pain and man has it never felt so good to pass gas. The pain is tolerable. The doc has me on hydrocodone and acetaminophen ever 4 hours. I got home at 8 PM last night and it felt great sleeping at home. I had some sf jello for breakfast. I am doing my best to get in as much water as possible.

I'm excited to hear how smoothly everything has gone from y'all. Yes, I'm from the South! Only 13 days to go!!! I can hardly wait! Please continue to keep us posted!
Thanks ????❤️ I'm very fortunate that it's going so well.

I am on Day 2 post op and it does get better. I too had lots of gas pain and man has it never felt so good to pass gas. The pain is tolerable. The doc has me on hydrocodone and acetaminophen ever 4 hours. I got home at 8 PM last night and it felt great sleeping at home. I had some sf Jello for breakfast. I am doing my best to get in as much Water as possible.

Congrats on being on the losers bench now. Good to know that the gas pain subsides ???????? lol it's definitely coming out lol

I am on Day 2 post op and it does get better. I too had lots of gas pain and man has it never felt so good to pass gas. The pain is tolerable. The doc has me on hydrocodone and acetaminophen ever 4 hours. I got home at 8 PM last night and it felt great sleeping at home. I had some sf jello for breakfast. I am doing my best to get in as much water as possible.

I'm so happy for you! I'm praying I'll have the same results! How was the pain? I have pain tolerance, but I don't know what to expect.

High pain tolerance.

I am on Day 2 post op and it does get better. I too had lots of gas pain and man has it never felt so good to pass gas. The pain is tolerable. The doc has me on hydrocodone and acetaminophen ever 4 hours. I got home at 8 PM last night and it felt great sleeping at home. I had some sf Jello for Breakfast. I am doing my best to get in as much Water as possible.

I'm so happy for you! I'm praying I'll have the same results! How was the pain? I have pain tolerance, but I don't know what to expect.

High pain tolerance.

Thank you for the prayers ???????????? the pain wasn't to crazy at all. It's just mainly gas in your tummy area pain that's all. Pain meds helped make me relax to the point I could sleep. But when it started to wear off I could sense it.

The pain is improving but I'm definitely not ready to stop the pain meds. The doc only gave me enough meds through tomorrow, so I hope pain improves enough to to go to Tylenol by then. I tried the chewable Vitamin and could only get half of it down. I may have to try a liquid vitamin. On the upside I have zero appetite.

Man you guys are scaring me! I had my gallbladder out about a year and a half ago and I was told the pain from this surgery would be nothing like that.... He actually told me it would just feel like sore abs when I wake up and if I have to have more than Tylenol to Control my pain he won't send me home. It's supposed to be just an overnight stay.

Man you guys are scaring me! I had my gallbladder out about a year and a half ago and I was told the pain from this surgery would be nothing like that.... He actually told me it would just feel like sore abs when I wake up and if I have to have more than Tylenol to Control my pain he won't send me home. It's supposed to be just an overnight stay.

My issues came more from the anesthesia, but the pain is really similar to a gallbladder removal.

Joy! He really convinced me that the pain wouldn't be nearly as bad hut I guess I just need to start preparing myself to feel as crappy as I did when I woke up from gallbladder surgery. Ugh.

The pain is improving but I'm definitely not ready to stop the pain meds. The doc only gave me enough meds through tomorrow, so I hope pain improves enough to to go to Tylenol by then. I tried the chewable Vitamin and could only get half of it down. I may have to try a liquid vitamin. On the upside I have zero appetite.

I'll have my multi to take tomorrow, so we'll see if that's the case for me to. My doc gave me a huge bottle of hydrocodone/ Loritab. It helps take edge off. Hopefully the gas in my stomach will disappear more ????

Joy! He really convinced me that the pain wouldn't be nearly as bad hut I guess I just need to start preparing myself to feel as crappy as I did when I woke up from gallbladder surgery. Ugh.

I hate that we are scaring you ???? it'll pass pain wise and I know it. It just sucks ever so gently lol it is amazing though how correct everyone has been on here, that walking is really a huge help.

Well I'm not really scared persay. I'm more anxious to get it over with. Once my pain finally got under control after gallbladder surgery and I could get up and walk I was pretty good but I had pancreatitis beforehand because of a gallstone getting loose and blocking my pancreas so I ended up going home with oxycodone. But this surgeon believes I won't need any pain medication once surgery is done so I'm skeptical. I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what I feel like. But I would rather know ahead of time than wake up and be surprised. So I'll just have to start preparing myself.

I think I had my first dumping syndrome experience and it really sucked! I took 1/2 of the opurity Multivitamin and I think that is what set it off. I was puking and diarrhea with sweats and going between the toilet and the sink for about 5 hours. I was doing great until this episode. It has cut back to only occasional diarrhea now, but I am still feeling tender. Not cool at all. :(

Edited by Andrew318

I think I had my first dumping syndrome experience and it really sucked! I took 1/2 of the opurity Multivitamin and I think that is what set it off. I was puking and diarrhea with sweats and going between the toilet and the sink for about 5 hours. I was doing great until this episode. It has cut back to only occasional diarrhea now, but I am still feeling tender. Not cool at all. :(

I'm sorry to hear of your dumping syndrome ???? I kept getting really bad hiccups yesterday. My stomach is so sore. I thought I was tougher than this. I just keep telling myself it'll all be worth it in the end.

Rny done yesterday. The pain is really bad for me. So glad it's over.

The pain isn't fun is it.. Day two for me and I'm still pretty sore ???? good luck on your journey, we will both one day be like, that was soooo worth it, when we put on our first pair of skinny whatever clothes ????????????

Well I'm not really scared persay. I'm more anxious to get it over with. Once my pain finally got under control after gallbladder surgery and I could get up and walk I was pretty good but I had pancreatitis beforehand because of a gallstone getting loose and blocking my pancreas so I ended up going home with oxycodone. But this surgeon believes I won't need any pain medication once surgery is done so I'm skeptical. I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what I feel like. But I would rather know ahead of time than wake up and be surprised. So I'll just have to start preparing myself.

Oh you will need pain medication for this.. Trust me.