Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swollen Stomach - 1 wk post op

I am 1 week sleeve post op and I am just wondering when I should expect to see some of the swelling in my stomach go away. I know that everyone is different but I am just looking for some general time frames and if there is anything I should be doing or not doing to aid in it going down.

I felt like my stomach was swollen and puffy for at least three weeks. It was also tender and I didn't even wear pants for three weeks. Guess I am kind of wimpy. The swelling will eventually go away. Hang in there- you can do it!! Congrats on being post op!!

Yes me too, I was bloated and swollen for about 3 weeks after surgery, totally normal. Remember your tummy was filled with air during surgery so it's a while till all things in there go back to normal but no worries, it'll go down and start to shrink magically soon and once the weight starts to slide off, you'll be shocked at how your waist line looks! Good luck, walk walk walk and drink your Water and Protein.

I'm at 2 weeks and still feel swollen. For as little as I'm eating now , should feel flat! But it's underwent quite a trauma...I also can't wear my jeans yet, bothers incision site and feels tight

Yes, I felt fat and pregnant for the first week. I think the big bloated belly feeling lasted about 2 weeks for me, but the first week was the worst.

mine was several months....I got alot of my nutrition from drinks...tummy was sensitive for about 4 months

I am a almost two weeks out and today esp I felt bloated and had tummy tenderness more noticeable

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches