Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

200 lbs or more to lose?

I am still in the baby stages of the process and my heaviest is also my current weight of 346.

I read these posts daily and have something I haven't had in a long time.... Hope.

Because of all these amazing "losers", I now realize that we can all do this and there is so much support here. What I love most is everyone's honest and open dialog. People share very realistic issues and knowledge is power. Thank you all.

I'm at 356, which is less than what I thought I was. I don't have a scale at home, which I need to get...lol. I don't really care about the weight. I stopped caring about all that years ago. What I DO care about is my health. I plain old jane just do not feel good anymore. I can't do anything standing up for any length of time. I can barely even make it to the copier and back at work. That being said, I have been maintaining my weight the past several months. Up and down between 345 and 360. I'm ready to lose!!! I'm ready to feel better! :)

I too have about 200 lbs to get off. I want a weight of 150. I don't know if that is even realistic, but that is my personal goal. Hope all the best for you! Wish me luck....I get sleeved in 4 days!!!

I am like you in that I don't care about the weight just improving my health, quality of life, and get my mobility back. I am just beginning. I see the doctor next Tuesday. Also, I see the counsellor, dietitian, and exercise person. My biggest fear is that I don't get approved. I wish you the best and hope to hear from you again.

@@sbarbiegirl yay! Thanks for sharing the pics and the inspiration...Everyone who has responded to this thread has been so positive, thank you! I can't belive I get sleeved the day after tomorrow, and I feel ready thanks to everyone on this site.

My highest was 557 last February surgery day Oct 28th I got down to 482 I go in for my 6 month followup and I'm weighing in at 336. Still got a long road ahead but very happy with progress so far. Don't give in to pop and sweets and you will do fine

I have more than 200 to lose as well. No one realizes it, even my husband, because I hide behind a tough shield. No one besides my Dr knows what I weigh. I meet with the surgeon next week, April 21st, to schedule my surgery. I'm hoping for an early May surgery so that I can acclimate somewhat before my kids get out of school for the summer. I know how you feel though, there is fat shaming even amongst the overweight population. I've heard a woman say before "at least I'm not THAT fat". I totally understand. Feel free to vent to me any time.

I filled in a goal weight for my tickler, but honestly, I will be happy to get to Onderland. When I think of that big number I need to lose to be the "idea" weight for my height, it gets really intimidating, so I really don't think in those terms. I think in terms of exercising and making good food choices each and every day. I think about how good I feel when I exercise regularly, or when I drink Water. I only weigh myself once a month so my focus in on doing the right thing and not the scale. I take my exercising seriously because I want to be strong and curvy, not skinny and wrinkled looking. As I see the scale steadily moving in the right direction I feel confident I am doing the right thing. I have prepared myself for this phase of my journey to health to be a long run. Losing the weight is just the current phase I am dealing with. Maintaining healthy habits will be my lifelong job.

@@BLERDgirl

You have a strong countenance in not weighing but once a month, and good for you for it! Do you take measurements to see your progress? Your clothes must be SLIDING off you!

@@BLERDgirl

You have a strong countenance in not weighing but once a month, and good for you for it! Do you take measurements to see your progress? Your clothes must be SLIDING off you!

I take measurements about every 3 months. I just want to focus on eating well & exercise.

I wanted to say welcome to the group. I just recently posted my weight after keeping it hidden for almost a month. I finally decided that other people's negative comments will not bother me. I am the same as you, need to lose about 200 lbs. I think having a good support system at home and here is super important. I have talked to nothing but nice people on here and have gotten my questions and advice answered.

We can do this if we all work together and stay positive

I have just had surgery on March 30th I had the sleeve I started at 472 and am now 414 I obviously have more than 200lbs to lose and am looking forward to it...I have thrown up twice from eating to fast and the second time definitely wasn't pleasant I think I learned to definitely eat slower and to stop rushing I'm just glad it happened now and not when I hit the solid food stage. I am a 20 year old male I live in New York Long Island and I deff am glad I did this surgery. It's amazing how this surgery changes your view on eating I feel like a failure for eating too fast and throwing up when I'm only 2 weeks post op but tomorrow is another day and we can only learn from our mistakes.