Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston or Dallas Area Surgeon Reccomendations

I am just now starting to look for information on Gastric Sleeve surgery. I am located 2 hours from Houston so I would like information on Houston surgeons. I also have family near Dallas so I am also open to recommendations on surgeons in the Dallas area.

If you could tell me which surgeon you used, why you picked him/her, and if you are happy with their care I would appreciate it!

Dr. Primomo with UT Physicians in the Davis Clinic. He and his staff are great!! 1 yr post op and not a single complication. He has great bedside manner and truly cares about his patients!

Hi. I used Dr David Kim of Dallas. I chose him because of the great number of surgeries he performed and lower level of risks for leaks because of the inverted sleeve he devised for his patients. Website is Drdkim.net. It speaks for itself. I was a traveling patient but have access to support group meetings thru website. Lots of support from his office and patients. I have had no complications or issues at all and feel great about my choice!

Dr Marvin in Houston. Loved him. I work in surgery so I was very picky about the surgeon I chose and I did alot of research. I'm glad I chose him.

Blue Sky I am just starting the process and will be using Dr Kim's partner Dr Holden. Was your surgery at Baylor in Trophy Club? Anything you can share about the process would be awesome!

@iwant2becurvynotlumpy I am n Houston, and I am using Dr. Sheilendra Mehta (UT Physicians). I went to 2 different Doctors before I chose him. Dr. Fernando Miranda and Dr. Younan Nowzaradan.

Dr. Mehta was the first surgeon to actually sit down with me and TALK to me. He didn't not walk in and tell me what he tell every patient. He asked me questions, he told me the good and the bad, and told me that no matter what I choose he feel I will succeed. He has a good track record. His nurse and patient advocate is amazing. And the office is really organized, which was one of the reasons why I left the other two doctors. And organized office says a lot to me.

Whomever you choose just make sure you are comfortable that is what I was looking for I wanted to be happy when I left. I haven't had my surgery yet (hopefully in May) but I don't feel uneasy about him performing it.

Good luck!

Dr Balette with the Surgical Group of the Woodlands. Not exactly Houston but close. He is the chief of surgery at Memorial Hermann in the Woodlands. He is so nice and encouraging!

I live in Houston, but will be travelling to Arlington (between Dallas and Ft. Worth) for my procedure - Dr. Frenzel is my surgeon.

I chose him for a variety of reasons. For one thing, I like that he is board certified in both bariatric surgery and plastics. He also has good reviews, was personable, and his staff has responded quickly to any and all of my needs and concerns.

I used Dr. Marvin in Houston. I have zero complaints. I also work in surgery so I was very picky about my choice.

Dr. Primomo with UT Physicians in the Davis Clinic. He and his staff are great!! 1 yr post op and not a single complication. He has great bedside manner and truly cares about his patients!

i would love info on his diet plan. the clinic promotes more plant based food right?

I used dr smith in fort Worth. I looked up Dr's records and he has no complaints. I've had no nausea and recovery was a breeze. Research your doc. I know of one very famous surgeon in the dfw area that has a not so good record and has had malpractice suits filed against him. Just be careful

Dr Kim did my sleeve 3 years ago. I have no regrets in choosing him. He also has a traveling patient program. There is a TON of after surgery support especially if join the private fb support group. Lots of friendships have been created through this group. I wish you best in journey whoever you decide to use.

Dr David Kim at Kim Bariatric Institute in Colleyville, Tx did my surgery and I trust him totally, he saved my life . When i first went to see him I was so heavy I was embarassed and he made me feel at ease. I no longer take any high blod pressure or diabetes medicines. I think you would be so happy you checked him out and made the right choice. He has a increble staff, support group once a month at his office and a online chat. Go for it!!!!!

Oh Dr Holden is awesome also.

Blue Sky I am just starting the process and will be using Dr Kim's partner Dr Holden. Was your surgery at Baylor in Trophy Club? Anything you can share about the process would be awesome!

Hi Lori! No Dr Kim has a new surgical center which is great! It is a same day procedure unless u need to stay over.PM me if u have further questions. Hopefully I can figure it out! :)