Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is different from each doctor of how long you have to do the liquid diet before surgery. I wish I knew why each doctor seeing things different. I went for my preregistration today April 16. Surgery is one week away on April 23 and I have been doing liquids one week and lost 15 pounds. I am now 259 pounds. I am getting excited but so nervous.

Update: My surgery was successfully performed on April 15. I am doing extremely well yesterday and today. I had terrible pain from the gas they fill you with and I will say that in the second night I was in so much pain and I panicked and thought what have I done. Now I'm not telling anyone this to scare them but to reassure you that it does get better and even though I thought I made a horrible mistake the night after my surgery and it was painful, I got through the night and it's amazing!! The pain is better everyday and I am excited for what life has in store. My advice is talk to your doctors and nursing staff don't be afraid to tell them your in pain and have a good support system. And one last thing WALK, WALK, WALK!!!

Congrats frenchy, I'm so glad to hear you're feeling so well. I'm a bit curious, have you been hungry at all?

Sky2015- today I had a little bit of hunger when I woke up at 6:30am and a little tonight after I walked, but a few sips of Water takes care of that rather quickly. My family has been eating their normal junk food around me and it doesn't seem to bother me! Even the smells of the pizza they had for lunch didn't bother me. I went out today to bed bath and beyond and bought some small appetizer forks and spoons as well as very small glasses and glass condiment bowls, that way I'm taking small bites and my 2 ounces of juice is actually a half of glass of juice in a 4 ounce glass. And my 2 ounces of Jello fills a condiment bowl! A lot better than a dollop in the bottom of a big bowl.????

I was hoping to get an April date, did my pro-op on 4/7, and they requested a stress test first before I can get cleared for surgery.

It is frustrating to be delayed again, but it will all work out when the time is right.

Things just got real for those of us going under on the 28th. I can proudly report that I am on my 12th day of the liquid diet and I've not cheated once. How I got here, I don't even know. I guess the fear of surgery has kept me honest. How's everybody else doing?

Things just got real for those of us going under on the 28th. I can proudly report that I am on my 12th day of the liquid diet and I've not cheated once. How I got here, I don't even know. I guess the fear of surgery has kept me honest. How's everybody else doing?

I'm the 28th too. My pre op diet was 14 days as well. I did eat one night to Celebrate my hubby's birthday. My nut also allowed me to have'chunks' in my Soup, as long as it was limited to 4oz. As of last Sunday I lost 10#. I weigh again tomorrow. I'm ready!

My nut is the diet devil in person. she will not let me have anything but broth, shakes, Jello, and sugar free Popsicles. She wrote "Absolutely No food Allowed" in huge red letters on my diet sheet. I'm starting to prepare for my hospital stay, so far I've grabbed a robe, 2 pairs of comfy pj's, 2 sets of comfy underwear, tooth brush, and Chapstick. Are you getting ready yet?

My nut is the diet devil in person. she will not let me have anything but broth, shakes, Jello, and sugar free Popsicles. She wrote "Absolutely No food Allowed" in huge red letters on my diet sheet. I'm starting to prepare for my hospital stay, so far I've grabbed a robe, 2 pairs of comfy pj's, 2 sets of comfy underwear, tooth brush, and Chapstick. Are you getting ready yet?

I'm getting ready by deep cleaning my house today. Started last night with the kitchen, emptied and cleaned the fridge. Today is the bathroom, living and dining rooms and my bedroom. If I come home to a messy house it'll make me angry, and I want to start recovery on a good mental note. Only thing I need to buy are slippers, (I hate those hospital socks). I'll pack my bag Monday night. I plan on wearing yoga pants or my work out capris to/ from the hospital.

I'm drinking 2 Protein Shakes a day with a small meal. Monday will be all "see through" liquids with a Mag Citrate kicker [emoji36]. Surgery is Tuesday morning at 8:30am.

My surgery is on the 30th... and has been moved from 10 am to 8 am.. I ready

Surgery went well, and I can safely conclude that today ranks up there with "stressful days". My surgeon was great, as were all the staff. I'm unable to get up ad walk around due to the dehydrated state the Mag Citrate left me in as I keep passing out. Good luck out there!!!