Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing anything? ?

Sounds like you’ve hit the three-week stall! The only thing to worry about is if you get discouraged and stop eating like you’re supposed to. Otherwise, you’re doing fine! Keep eating right, and let your stomach keep healing, and you’ll start losing again.

Sounds like you’ve hit the three-week stall! The only thing to worry about is if you get discouraged and stop eating like you’re supposed to. Otherwise, you’re doing fine! Keep eating right, and let your stomach keep healing, and you’ll start losing again.

Hi I am being as good as possible! I am doing a weekly meal plan tomorrow to try to help me keep to the programme! I have had a few little slips! I haven't gone over 1,000 kcals so I am hoping it's ok!

if I may add something here..I seen your from the UK..I hate to ask this but I was just wondering and I don't mean to ask a stupid question but did you get a dietary plan from your surgeon? the reason why I am asking and plz don't take this the wrong way I am just trying to maybe suggest a few things..you hadn't had surgery that long ago and I am really surprised you can even get in 1000 cal a day did I read this right? and able to eat rice, Pasta etc? I don't like to compare our diet outlines but it only makes sense to what to avoid for weight loss..I was doing good to hit 400 to 500 cal day for first 6 to 7 months I know we are all different just sharing it might be that cutting back on the calories and try and do your Protein first before anything and then a non starchy veggie if you have room. I only get about 5 or 6 bites in now at 10 months out and I drink all day long except for the 30 min before a main meal and 30 min after. can I ask what your program for protein amount is for the day and Water requirement? I find for me the more protein I get which my guideline is min 60 and Fluid is min 64oz it keeps my body burning consistantly. maybe this will help ya. we are going to make mistakes along the way adjustments made I love this site it has really helped me as well. I hope it helps you as well dear! following this It's helped me lose 10 pds a month. keep us posted...:)

if I may add something here..I seen your from the UK..I hate to ask this but I was just wondering and I don't mean to ask a stupid question but did you get a dietary plan from your surgeon? the reason why I am asking and plz don't take this the wrong way I am just trying to maybe suggest a few things..you hadn't had surgery that long ago and I am really surprised you can even get in 1000 cal a day did I read this right? and able to eat rice, Pasta etc? I don't like to compare our diet outlines but it only makes sense to what to avoid for weight loss..I was doing good to hit 400 to 500 cal day for first 6 to 7 months I know we are all different just sharing it might be that cutting back on the calories and try and do your Protein first before anything and then a non starchy veggie if you have room. I only get about 5 or 6 bites in now at 10 months out and I drink all day long except for the 30 min before a main meal and 30 min after. can I ask what your program for protein amount is for the day and Water requirement? I find for me the more protein I get which my guideline is min 60 and Fluid is min 64oz it keeps my body burning consistantly. maybe this will help ya. we are going to make mistakes along the way adjustments made I love this site it has really helped me as well. I hope it helps you as well dear! following this It's helped me lose 10 pds a month. keep us posted...:)

Hi yea I don't mind u asking, no I got no diet plan just liquids 1-2 weeks weeks 2-4 soft foods, then 4+ introduce solids. My dietician who I see once a month and talk to when needed on phone has said its fine eating pasta and bread etc just eat some protein with it and eat that first then the pasta or bread if U can fit it in!

Edited by Hertsukfem31

I would ask about how many calories a day are recommended. I'm 6 mths and average 800 calories a day. At 3 -4 weeks I was getting in 400 - 600 calories a day. I don't expect to eat anywhere near 1,000 calories a day until at least a year out.

This outline blows me away..to me that's what I ate simular way of eating before and I'm talking about all that Pasta and oats that's my biggest concern for ya but who am I..ya know! That would cause me to gain..????

I would ask about how many calories a day are recommended. I'm 6 mths and average 800 calories a day. At 3 -4 weeks I was getting in 400 - 600 calories a day. I don't expect to eat anywhere near 1,000 calories a day until at least a year out.

I eat between 600-900 each day that is including my drinks also as I can have no added sugar and drink milkshake or plain milk food intake is between 400-600 daily

This outline blows me away..to me that's what I ate simular way of eating before and I'm talking about all that Pasta and oats that's my biggest concern for ya but who am I..ya know! That would cause me to gain..

I eat oats but I make oatmeal from scratch. They have a bit of Protein and because I make them myself they aren't as bad nutritionally as the prepackaged stuff.

I eat between 600-900 each day that is including my drinks also as I can have no added sugar and drink milkshake or plain milk food intake is between 400-600 daily

My total food, drink, everything is never over 800. If you are moving onto food, you should decrease the amount of Protein Drinks you are using. Also we were advised to use lowfat or skim milk (I drink unsweetened almond milk) because of the high fat content. I'll try and upload the pages for the 3 - 4 food plan from my program in a few.

@@Elode

I agree with this. Been there done that and I am sure it will happen soon again. DAMN YOU BODY CHEMISTRY! DAMN YOU!

@@tnf0920

Just hang in there. Your body is in shock right now. Its wondering why you are not feeding it the normal things it is used to so the fat is sticking around trying to protect you from starving. Its just nature. You are a wonderfully made machine that will automatically try to protect itself. You cant have a talk with your body and expalin the game plan, It will do what it what is was built to do and eventually it will give up the fight. Dont let this discourage you let it inspire you.

Tomorrow will be 5 weeks after surgery and I am following the dietitians instructions to the letter. I am walking on the treadmill 45 minutes per day everyday, On weekdays I am getting in over 11,000 steps per day and on weekends I am getting in over 7000 steps. I am eating over 60 grams of Protein and drinking 64 ozs of liquid. My weight has been stalled for the last 2 weeks. I am eating 700 calories a day. HELP!

@@jcannon685 - Patience. See the above post. It will happen. Step away from the scale. If you are up to it, speak with the dietitian about upping your walking to a more strenuous work out