Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing anything? ?

I had the sleeve on 3/3/15, as of about a week and a half ago I stopped losing anything, pounds or inches. It hasn't even been a month yet and this is happening.

I don't understand why this is happening when I work out everyday and I'm hardly eating anything. I could understand if it had been months down the road, but only a few weeks after surgery? Is this normal. .has it happened to anyone else? How did you start the weightloss back up?

I just started working out last Monday and I'm only walking 20 mins, it's all I can do because I'm still having soreness. But it's gets me going, sweating and stuff, I'm not leisurely walking or anything.

I really don't eat much, I only eat when my stomach tells me I'm hungry and I can only eat a few bites before I'm full.

Welcome to the three-week stall!

And starvation mode...

It is very normal, and yes it happens to the majority of people post op. So common it has been named The Three Week Stall.

Search three week stall and you'll find out very quickly, you're not alone.

Keep in mind - you're still recovering from major surgery...you removed most of a major organ. You're consuming MUCH less food than you did a few weeks ago. You're moving your body. So your body is like, "what the heck is going on? What are you doing to me?"

Be kind to your body - you've put it thru a lot. It's going to continue to recover and realize that things are OK and let loose of some weight. Be patient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may be the 3 week stall, however this may not be a good idea.

I really don't eat much, I only eat when my stomach tells me I'm hungry and I can only eat a few bites before I'm full.

Your nutritionist should have given you some information on eating/drinking. You should be striving to reach the minimum Protein goals or 60 gm a day and 64 ounces of fluids. Initially you can't always trust your sleeve to tell you when you are hungry. Acid production sometimes feels very similar to hunger. Are you on a PPI such as prilosec or omeprazole? Failing to meet your Protein goals can hinder your weight loss.

Well I'm glad to know that this is something alot of people have experienced. Can't wait til it's over though. It's kind of disheartening.

And I think 60/64g and 64oz Water is kind of unrealistic. I doubt I'll ever be able to drink or eat that much, I'm not sure how anyone could without stretching their stomach out. Plus you're not suppose to drink an hour before and after eating, according to my Dr, so you're always going to be short on something because there's just not enough time in the day to eat and drink if you can't eat and drink at the same time. I'd by eating all day or drinking all day to reach those goals.

No, I'm not taking anything. I eat when I'm hungry, I've never eaten when I'm not hungry so I really don't think I could now. Especially with the fear of stretching out my stomach or over eating causing leakage.

I was exactly the same at 3 weeks......try not to worry, it will start coming off, I'm 5 weeks post op now and have lost almost 3 stone ????????

I'm in same position as urself i am at 3 weeks today and I actually have put on 3kg's after losing 19kg which has really upset me! I'm hoping I will start losing again soon :-(

It

Well I'm glad to know that this is something alot of people have experienced. Can't wait til it's over though. It's kind of disheartening.

And I think 60/64g and 64oz Water is kind of unrealistic. I doubt I'll ever be able to drink or eat that much, I'm not sure how anyone could without stretching their stomach out. Plus you're not suppose to drink an hour before and after eating, according to my Dr, so you're always going to be short on something because there's just not enough time in the day to eat and drink if you can't eat and drink at the same time. I'd by eating all day or drinking all day to reach those goals.

No, I'm not taking anything. I eat when I'm hungry, I've never eaten when I'm not hungry so I really don't think I could now. Especially with the fear of stretching out my stomach or over eating causing leakage.

it's actually quite easy to get in 60+gm of Protein and 64 ounces of Water. most of us to that and more. You do have to work up to it. I think it took me about 1 - 2 weeks.

How? By combining the 2. I made me Protein drinks with water instead of milk and I used loads of ice. I also made sure to get in the bulk of my Protein by lunch. This meant I had the time between lunch and dinner to drink water. Additionally it's fluids, not water. So if I had a Protein Drink for Breakfast I made it with protein powder/greek yogurt & water. That comes in at between 30-38 gms of protein and it's about 15 ounces of fluids. Lunch could be yogurt with a bit of Protein powder, again another 30gm protein. I wait and then start on water. I have several hours to just sip water. I always carry a water bottle around so that's not a big deal. By dinner I've already met the minimum protein requirement. My water bottle is 20 ounces. Typically I can drink 2 full bottle before dinner and still have time to spare . Add the 15 from the morning shake to the 40 in the water bottle and that gives you 55. Drink another half a bottle after dinner and you've more than hit your Fluid goal.

But here's the other reason why it's important to hit that protein goal. Your body needs it. It needs it to help you stomach heal and it's part of the process to help you lose weight. Without it your body holds onto every calorie it can. Additionally it may start to leech protein from other areas like your nails & hair. Then you have to worry about Hair loss.< /p>

Like I said you don't reach those goals right away, but you should try to work up to it. I guarantee you it won't stretch your stomach.

I had stalls constantly, one lasted two months. It's frustrating, but don't give up, this too shall pass!

Eventually you will be able to get in your Protein and liquid goals. No, sleeves don't stretch, but the swelling will go down so you can consume more.

You say you've never eaten when you're not hungry? Serious question for you (not judgey, genuinely curious). How did you get to 300+ pounds eating only when you're hungry? I'm fascinated by this "listen to your body" theory. I listened to my body and ended up needing WLS...

My body isn't too bright. ;)

I used to only eat when I was hungry. I could literally go all day without eating. It got me morbidly obese because my body held onto every calorie. Now I eat 3 meals regularly and a snack if needed. So far I have never had a stall.

I'm confused where some are getting the idea that the sleeve doesn't stretch..you know the sleeve is your stomach and your stomach can stretch back out if you do not eat properly, many doctors have advised of this.

As to how I got to the weight I was when I only ate when I was hungry, are you under the impression that every overweight person does nothing but eat all day therefore that is why they are overweight? I only ate when I was hungry, usually only 1 or 2 meals a day, when I did eat it wouldn't be something considered healthy by any means, but I actually didn't eat a lot. Despite what some people think your genes can play a lot in regards to your weight, all the women in my family have been overweight and it definitely didn't have anything to do with over eating.

My sister lost all her weight by starving herself, taking all kinds of crap and working out all the time, she went about it the unhealthy way. She lost it all about 8 years ago, but it's a daily struggle for her to keep it off. She's become a health freak and still hardly eats but she gained some of it back and it's a struggle to maintain what she is.

I used to only eat when I was hungry. I could literally go all day without eating. It got me morbidly obese because my body held onto every calorie. Now I eat 3 meals regularly and a snack if needed. So far I have never had a stall.

I've read you say this before. I'm genuinely curious what your daily menu was typically that got you to this point. :)