Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing anything? ?

@@jcannon685 - Just a recommendation. I find that I have to vary my workouts. Some days more aerobic like some days light (5 -15lbs) weight lifting. Some days in the morning, some days in the evenings, once a month I do a high intensity African Dance class which is 90 minutes of full body activity, sometimes I take my bike out for a ride and some days I stay in and do a quick 30 minute kettleball workout. This way my body doesn't get used to the same thing every day at the same time. Like I said talk it over with your dietitian and see what she recommends.

I thought in the beginning they just wanted you to walk and then advance to weights and other strenuous activities. I do use wrist weights when I am on the treadmill, I have also started using a recumbent bike. So I am getting in a variety of formats, just not working.

It depends on the program. I walked for the first week, did some light aerobics week 2 and week 3 I was back in the pool doing aquafit classes. I had a really easy post op experience and my doctor didn't have a problem with me resuming normal activity as I felt up to it.

Just wanted to post an alternate experience, though I'm still relatively "young" in this process.

I could eat a lot of food early on - within 3 weeks I could easily eat 1000 cals - and that of healthy foods (who knows what damage I could have done with cookie dough!). The folks who could only eat 1/4 cup or 500 calories for months on end completely befuddled me. I felt like I was a total outlier.

I am now about 11 weeks out and I get around 800-900 calories per day, though it would be very easy to eat more, I can tell you. I do Protein first. Lots of Water. Low carbs, less than 50, usually closer to 30, and then only with what comes with yogurt, veggies, nuts, etc. No bread, Pasta, rice, flour, sugar, etc. Strawberries are the only fruit I eat at present. I try not to eat processed foods and I do eat a lot of healthy fat - full fat yogurt, macadamia nuts, avocado, cream, butter, mayo, etc, which I know not everyone does.

I had a stall early on, but I started losing pretty well after the first month, slowly but surely. For the past 3 weeks though I've been losing like crazy and I can't figure out what the difference is. In any case, like one of the posters said, I think there's some trial and error involved, but I'm in general agreement that carbs make me hungrier and I try to stay away from most of them, esp simple ones.

Also, I don't exercise too much - I have an unrelated illness that precludes a lot of activity. BUT, I do "fast exercise", where I go like a house on fire for 30 seconds, then 2 minutes of slow, then 30sec/2min/30sec/2min for a total of 5 cycles, then walk for a bit. If I can do more I do, if I can't that day I don't worry about it.

I think you are doing fine. I probably could eat more calories, but since I have quite a ways to go, my nutritionist and I agreed to keep my calories low. I don't however eat diet food of any kind. The closest I get is 0%Greek yogurt. Otherwise, cream, butter, etc.... are all eaten in moderation. You work out also sounds pretty good. You are getting your heart rate up and it sounds like you are working out at least 30 minutes a day.

Part of this is learning our bodies and how it responds to the changes in diet and exercise we are making. Once you figure that out, the weight loss will happen.

This outline blows me away..to me that's what I ate simular way of eating before and I'm talking about all that Pasta and oats that's my biggest concern for ya but who am I..ya know! That would cause me to gain..

I eat oats but I make oatmeal fro scratch. They have a bit of Protein and because I make them myself they aren't as bad nutritionally as the prepackaged stuff.

I would ask about how many calories a day are recommended. I'm 6 mths and average 800 calories a day. At 3 -4 weeks I was getting in 400 - 600 calories a day. I don't expect to eat anywhere near 1,000 calories a day until at least a year out.

I eat between 600-900 each day that is including my drinks also as I can have no added sugar and drink milkshake or plain milk food intake is between 400-600 daily
My total food, drink, everything is never over 800. If you are moving onto food, you should decrease the amount of Protein Drinks you are using. Also we were advised to use lowfat or skim milk (I drink unsweetened almond milk) because of the high fat content. I'll try and upload the pages for the 3 - 4 food plan from my program in a few.

Hey I use skimmed milk with everything I do have! I don't have Protein Drinks I have no added sugar juice and skimmed milk as I can't drink just Water as I vomit

The one thing we all know is that everyone's plan is different. I stalled because my body couldn't get out of starvation mode. Once they upped my calories I started losing again. I have not been very successful on working out every day - I struggle with energy after working 10 to 12 hour days. Yes I get all my Protein in. I am two months out and I still have a shake every day. I think you have to find what works for you - we all have advice but you need to see what makes your body happy.

Edited by heftyhoosier

@@Hertsukfem31 Sounds like a plan. I was speaking with another poster who's program allows slider foods early on as well. You said you have support group coming up right? Check in with them, maybe they'll have some recommendations for you.

I am going through the 3 week stall!!!! Glad I know it's normal!!! I am trying to eat every 2 hours and up my Protein to help my weight loss. And I finally started to walk a little.

Sleeves don't stretch. Your capacity will increase as the swelling goes down leading many people to believe that they've stretched their sleeves.

When a sleeve is done, most of the stretchy part, or the fundus, is cut out, leaving the muscle. The muscle will not stretch. The fundus that is left over could stretch a bit if too much is left behind and there is a pattern of chronic overeating/abuse but that would be a lot of work and take quite a bit of time.

Where do I get this idea? Via the multiple surgeons I visited and the research I did for the 2 years prior to my surgery. Also, at almost two years out, I've had no increase in capacity. I can eat 1/4-1/2 cup max.

Where did I say I think overweight people sit around and eat all day? I simply asked how one would get to over 300 pounds eating only when hungry. I was a fat person, too. I've lots of fat friends and family. I know how it happened to each of us. :)

What was your typical daily diet? I'm curious.

really?

after 3 months since the surgery

I can eat more than before and I feel like my stomch stretched?

should I be worried :(

@@sksh - In all likelihood no. What are you eating?

really?

after 3 months since the surgery

I can eat more than before and I feel like my stomch stretched?

should I be worried :(

Really. Eat your Protein first, veggies second, complex carbs last. I rarely get to the carbs.

I had my consultation appointment this morning and asked him if it can stretch and he said yes u can stretch it! Over eating and fizzy drinks will make it stretch over time! It wud take a few years to stretch but it can and on 10% of sleeves it does!