Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reversal for gastric sleeve?

how about trying to find a new doctor, a different provider who will listen to your concerns and validate your experience, and then get about the business of helping you to feel better...

Thank you for saying not to stress over counting Protein. I think that DOES make it worse to stress over it!

Hydration is my priority now and by doing that, I am staying hydrated without shakes and dizzy spells!! I'm Proud of meeting this goal for 5 days so far. And using a straw helps tremendously!!!! Thanks guys!!!!!!

@@Gladys62 I am glad that you are going to be working with a different doctor. Remember YOU are the customer and you deserve to be treated like a queen!!

I cannot tell how long ago your surgery was. I too had some crappy complications after surgery. It was about 8 weeks out before I began to feel more myself again, and, really it was about 12 weeks before I felt more normal in terms of energy. So, take heart. Your body is trying to handle a lot. I agree with the recommendations above including not being too hard on yourself. It will get better. As you heal, things will become more normal.

Good luck!!

Edited by Elizabeth21

Elizabeth21 it has been 14 almost 15 weeks. Today hasn't been good but I have gotten Fluid in! Two crackers to ease my stomach and a Popsicle has been it.

I am making an appointment with a local GI tomorrow for asap so hopefully he will give me some hope! My skin looks GROSS I've gone from 248 to 187 in 14 weeks. I was less self conscious about "fat naked" me than this one. GAG!!!

As soon as my lung (he collapsed) heals I plan on going to the gym. I used to walk 2 miles a day before surgery and do 7 on the recumbent bike daily. Now I can get one mile in two separate sittings on the recumbent bike and I have gotten up to 2/10 mile without sitting to breathe. I just hope it won't be too late by then.

@@mi75 and @swimbikerun- I have a referral waiting at the GI group in the big clinic I use so I have hope!!! My family doctor is on a Quest to get me better and he is like family so he is fighting hard for me. I have to get to a better place so HE can relax. LOL. He agreed the surgery was a good option for me prior so now he feels a bit responsible or actually he is just extremely compassionate and my life matters to him unlike the bariatic doc who couldn't care less. So I have a hero in my corner and permission from my insurance company to never see the cold bariatic one again! It's getting better mentally. I've lost 8 more lbs this week but my fluids are better! I see veins!!! Thank you all for caring!!!! It strengthens my resolve to beat this!!! Thank you.

@Gladys62 I am relieved on that. The past memories I had with some "experiences" with my surgeon, I go into prayer/rub rabbits feet/cross fingers when I hear of people having problems. I've seen some interesting things go and it bothers me to know people are not treated well. I'm glad when they find those who have done good.

I am sooo happy for you!!! I read this thread and I felt so bad for you. I am 10 months PO my first month was brutal! my surgeon warned me it would be. he said if you can get thru the first month you'll do good. it wasn't perfect by far easy brezzy? heck no!! I had my crying spells my bitchy spells I had hernia repair also and the esophagus spasms were awful. those last almost 3 wks. I could barely sip Water myself. my first month I did good to get 1 can of my shake. I tried soo many different Protein types either powder or drinks finally the pure Protein Shakes worked for me and so did the nectar brand helped also. for my my shakes counted toward my Fluid intake so that was good. my first month believe me I had my doubts as well..I was second guessing myself what the heck have I done????? I knew deep inside though I really wanted this and I talked myself through it. I was struggling with the head hunger/craving thing also. learned about it during our preop psych classes. I also have GERD have had it for eons of yrs. thankfully I had a great surgeon he did start me on protonix IV from the gecco. I was having to sip water as well all day long my first wk I had dropped 20 some pds. it was at 4 months PO I was still only getting about 2 maybe 3 bites in at 1 setting. I didn't get my energy and feeling better till 6 months. my internist also said the healing of the tummy takes a good 6 months to heal and it takes all the energy we have for healing. I understand your frustration and anger. I hate it that you had a jack*** for a surgeon that only cared about his wallet and not you. I would have to complain to the board myself. that behaviour is not acceptable. there are many many great surgeons and caring dr's out there and I just read that you have a caring dr that is working with you now to get you the help you need. I was so glad to read that! I hope you really don't think this procedure to help you reclaim a healthy life back and prevent further health problems down the road was stupid move bc I really think once you get back to where you can get feeling better and get your nutrition where it needs to be I really think you will bounce back better then you expect..at least I'm hoping that for you!! my first 6 months was a struggle. this is the hardest thing I ever went through and I went through a ugly divorce after 20 yrs of a first marriage myself. but I am 10 months PO now and over 100 pds down I know you think its the devil now but just wait and you'll see even though it was extremely difficult for me as crazy as it sounds on my end I would do it again in a heart beat my benefits have outweighed everything I endured. it sounds like your on the fastrack on recovery with a new caring dr's you'll get fixed up and on the mend and 6 months from now this will be a distant memory and you will be strutting around with your head held high! hang in there!! keep us posted..I'll be looking for your updates dear! don't pressure yourself...do the best you can :)

@blondebomb- I wish I had been told that it would take 6 months to feel better. I feel defective. The friend who talked me into this said she never had a problem" and "it's the easiest thing she's ever done". So I expected the same! Wish I had known she DID have some bad days which she later confessed to! ????

Hearing your story, I can be patient and hopeful waiting for 6 months. Heck I can be patient even 8 months adding 2 months for the delay the lung damage caused in my healing just knowing better days are coming. Thank you

@blondebomb- I wish I had been told that it would take 6 months to feel better. I feel defective. The friend who talked me into this said she never had a problem" and "it's the easiest thing she's ever done". So I expected the same! Wish I had known she DID have some bad days which she later confessed to! ????

Hearing your story, I can be patient and hopeful waiting for 6 months. Heck I can be patient even 8 months adding 2 months for the delay the lung damage caused in my healing just knowing better days are coming. Thank you

it gets better..hang in there. Anything especially that requires surgical help there is always the possibility of complications. In your situation I feel your situation is from a surgeon not giving you or even going the extra step to try and prevent your symptom from the tummy acid being helped. Thats just my thoughts I could b wrong but your getting help and that's what counts! I have a small tummy and frankly I am so glad it takes very little for me to fill. I dont rely on food as a crutch emotionally anymore and its been in my favor. I take my liquid 3 suppliment and my Biotin and folic acid and everything is perfect. You'll get there sweetie! Let us no !! Xx

Iam praying that God will turn things around for you. I could not hold down my shakes so I was told by my doctor to just stop them. I still have a hard time with foods and Water but I just keep prayer that things will get better. I had my surgery on December 9th of last year and are still not where I need to be. MY food is being chopped up still and I can't drink a lot of water , just a glass a day if I am lucky.

@@angewil60, I hate that you are dealing with this too. It's miserable. I am currently sitting in a GI doctor's office. A referral by my family doctor. I cannot trust the bariatic surgeon any more. He has been sarcastic and not always completely honest so I'm done.

I am scared that I will starve to death before I get help. If they try a feeding tube i feel sure I will just vomit what they put in. I will let you know what I find out today maybe there IS hope!!?

@@Gladys62 If you need a ear to listen too, I will. I've been there. Even on the boards, I've found people to either say or give them impression that they had an easy/good time so any problems are your fault don't bother me. I don't mind putting up with people who have had problems or not, its just the ones who curse me out and start stuff behind my back that I have an issue with.

Leaving scope. My stomach is too narrow to scope! Inflammation and stitches not right. Will have an upper GI before he tries again. Soft foods for now. Still groggy.