Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 1st Sleevers! Tomorrow is our Day!

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing? And to see what you have done so far

-Are you excited?

-Have you packed your hospital bag yet?

-Is any family going w you? If so how are they feeling?

-Have your nerves kicked in?

-Have you done all your shopping and cleaned your houses??

-What time is your surgery??!

-Have you done any spa treatments?

Well I'll go first! So I am doing pretty okay this morning I'm hungry but I'll get through it. I am very excited, not nervous at all! I have not packed yet but will be doing that toning, because I know I probably won't be sleeping. I did do all of my shopping and finished the last bit yesterday. I'm going to clean my house from top to bottom today to keep myself busy! Also I have a facial and massage booked this morning just to relax myself (did my mani/pedi over the weekend). I do have family going w me but they are not really in support of this so I don't really know how they feel... I am the first surgery in the morning so I have to be at the hospital at 6:30a !

I hope everyone has a safe surgery and a quick recovery! Please feel free to keep us updated on this post so we can help each other these next few days!

Talk to you all soon!

Brittany

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing? And to see what you have done so far

-Are you excited?

-Have you packed your hospital bag yet?

-Is any family going w you? If so how are they feeling?

-Have your nerves kicked in?

-Have you done all your shopping and cleaned your houses??

-What time is your surgery??!

-Have you done any spa treatments?

Well I'll go first! So I am doing pretty okay this morning I'm hungry but I'll get through it. I am very excited, not nervous at all! I have not packed yet but will be doing that toning, because I know I probably won't be sleeping. I did do all of my shopping and finished the last bit yesterday. I'm going to clean my house from top to bottom today to keep myself busy! Also I have a facial and massage booked this morning just to relax myself (did my mani/pedi over the weekend). I do have family going w me but they are not really in support of this so I don't really know how they feel... I am the first surgery in the morning so I have to be at the hospital at 6:30a !

I hope everyone has a safe surgery and a quick recovery! Please feel free to keep us updated on this post so we can help each other these next few days!

Talk to you all soon!

Brittany

Good for you Brittany! I wish I had thought about a mani-pedi yesterday. I am excited and ready to move on to this next chapter in my life. I'm sorry your family is not supportive of your decision - but you will definitely get support from us here! <3 My fiance is taking me and has taken the rest of the week off to be by my side, and my family is worried, but understand why I have made this decision.

I packed yesterday and shopped a couple of weeks ago, so I am ready to go. Surgery isn't until noon tomorrow so it's going to be a long day!

Good luck Brittany! Prayers going out for a safe, successful surgery and a quick recovery.

-Ang

Good luck tomorrow. I hope you have an uncomplicated recovery.

Good luck tomorrow. I hope you have an uncomplicated recovery.

Thank you so much !

Gah, my nerves went into overdrive last night. Probably doesn't help that my 2.5 year old starting running a fever yesterday, so those mamma nerves and worry are intensified.

I'm finishing last minute straightening up around the house now then heading to finish up shopping. Once that is done I'm going for a mani/pedi, hoping that will relax me.

My husband is 100% behind me on this and so is my sister, as a matter of fact she "just" moved back to Florida today and will be staying at my house tonight to get the kids off to school and daycare tomorrow morning. I have to be at the hospital at 6 am and my surgery is scheduled for 8 am.

Wishing everyone an uneventful surgery, super speedy recovery and amazing results!

Best,

Michelle

I am very nervous too! Right now I'm outpacing my two year old! My surgery is tomorrow morning as well ☺ thankfully my doctor prescribed me some ativan for tomorrow morning lol

I am very nervous too! Right now I'm outpacing my two year old! My surgery is tomorrow morning as well ☺ thankfully my doctor prescribed me some ativan for tomorrow morning lol

I wish I was prescribed something for tomorrow! I'm not nervous now but I know I'm going to be a mess when I have to say bye to my daughter and arrive to the hospital

Hi...this is my first post and tomorrow is my surgery date too...i feel so unprepared and even tho it's been a long process, it feels like i just started it....i'm soooo excited and sooo nervous too!...i wish everyone here the love, luck, and peace we all need on this journey and hope to speak soon.

Tee

Hi...this is my first post and tomorrow is my surgery date too...i feel so unprepared and even tho it's been a long process, it feels like i just started it....i'm soooo excited and sooo nervous too!...i wish everyone here the love, luck, and peace we all need on this journey and hope to speak soon.

Tee

Welcome Tee and good luck to you tomorrow!!! If you ever need anything or just need to vent we are here to listen !

I'm new here as well, first post and scheduled for surgery tomorrow. I find it funny that it ended up being on April Fool's day but it will be a date that's easily remembered... The nerves are growing as the day goes on.. I think I'm more nervous that my liver will be in ok shape even after following the pre surgery diet. I would hate to get all of this planned then have something like that cause a problem or stop the surgery from happening. Trying to keep the pessimist in me on the back burner but I plan for the worst and try to hope for the best.

A cousin had the surgery almost 2 yrs ago and did really well. I made the decision so I can be healthier for myself and my daughter. It's a whole new life ahead of us..... Breathe.. :-)

Good Luck to everyone. May your surgery be smooth and your recovery quick.

I am also first on the schedule in the morning. I wish I had of thought about the Ativan !!! That would help to sleep tonight. Bag is packed, CPAP , house clean (should have surgery more often ) LOL. My heart says I am ready but my mind is racing with other thoughts. So glad to know there are others on here in the same boat. Best wishes to us all .

Hi everyone. SO wish I had thought of a massage and facial, what a great idea. Laundry is done, house is vacuumed, food shopping is done. I am finishing (OK, starting) a report for work that I will probably finish tonight after everyone has gone to bed. Headache from the liquids only today, punishment for what I ate yesterday after getting the final all-clear from the surgeon (no two week prep diet, just day before for this program, but I have been living on photos of food and sunbeams for a week trying to stay at goal) I've been doing yogurt for Breakfast, shake for lunch, small meal for dinner for 3 weeks, so I didn't think all liquids today would be bad, but yesterday's food funeral and today's anxiety are a smack in the head. One moment of second thoughts today, first time in the whole 6 month process, but reasonable I guess, and fleeting. I got a few summer clothing catalogues in the mail today and will flip through them later, dreaming of pretty new clothes for motivation. A home mani, a little time with my girls and hubs will chase the clouds away I'm sure. We'll put the youngest one on the bus at 7:30 and then head to the hospital for my 8:30 curtain call, surgery at 10:30, dancing down the halls by 3pm? Here's hoping. You guys have been a lovely source of support, thank you. See you on the slim side!

I'm new here as well, first post and scheduled for surgery tomorrow. I find it funny that it ended up being on April Fool's day but it will be a date that's easily remembered... The nerves are growing as the day goes on.. I think I'm more nervous that my liver will be in ok shape even after following the pre surgery diet. I would hate to get all of this planned then have something like that cause a problem or stop the surgery from happening. Trying to keep the pessimist in me on the back burner but I plan for the worst and try to hope for the best.

A cousin had the surgery almost 2 yrs ago and did really well. I made the decision so I can be healthier for myself and my daughter. It's a whole new life ahead of us..... Breathe.. :-)

Good Luck to everyone. May your surgery be smooth and your recovery quick.

Welcome ! And yes breathe you will be okay and we all are going to rock this!!! each time I get a min I promise to check in to see how everyone is doing tomorrow and weeks to come. I am definitely on the same page as you! I have a 2yr old daughter who I am doing this for, to show her a good example going forward. Good luck to you and I'm always here if you need me!