Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do u guys do wen u feel like giving up I am 1 wk and 3 days post op and sometimes I feel like I should have not got it done I just turned 24 March 21, had surgery March 17 and this whole time I just been in the house except for when I take my walk around the neighborhood I am so stress out, I get the cravings that I want food and right now I am full liquids and puree food

Drink Water when you crave. You're not hungry. It's, in your head. If your not getting around real well yet then do a crossword or call a friend or listen to music. I'm 3 weeks out and having issues and mostly feel like crap every time I eat. So I don't even want to eat but then feel gross if I don't start a while so screwed either way. I still don't regret doing it . I just want to heal faster

What do u guys do wen u feel like giving up I am 1 wk and 3 days post op and sometimes I feel like I should have not got it done I just turned 24 March 21, had surgery March 17 and this whole time I just been in the house except for when I take my walk around the neighborhood I am so stress out, I get the cravings that I want food and right now I am full liquids and puree food

Had surgery on march 16, the first 10 days I was hungry but yesterday after my doc cleared me for purée/ soft stage, I got very excited and start trying food like eggs, fage yogurt, cottage cheese etc I not hungry anymore, this morning I had to force 1/2 cup of yogurt. Somehow the " head hunger" disappear!

The first two weeks are rough but it is important to begin positively dealing with head hunger. I am 4 weeks out and it really is a roller coaster but I didn't expect this to be a breeze. My energy level was nearly non existant until last week and everything was a struggle to get done. But I simply kept telling myself it would get better...and it has.

Question, I'm 2 days post op and have had a headache in my eyes and my neck. Is this normal? I'm also feeling hungry. Ugh

I had a severe headache about the same time. It lasted almost a week I even went to the hospital. I went to my family doctor and she gave me imetrex and it went away and hasn't been back.

Mine was March 18th and I have been there....two days ago I had major regret and what have I done issues. I think for me I am such an active mom/teacher etc...it's the being home alone all day (well during the day when my kids are at school) bored that's been messing with me! I would sit and be hungry but I think out of boredom since my stomach isn't really hungry! I go back to work Monday and I am hoping that helps...even though I only work 3 days a week I think being able to get out of the house and get back into routine is going to help. I hope it gets better for you!!!!

I had surgery March 17. I'm home till April 27th but I am ready to go back to work. I'm at home with my 83 yr old father and feel like a short hand cook! I'm cooking every meal and not able to eat any if it. While he's eating an omelette I am having a Protein Shake, while he is eating lunch I am on Jello dinner forget it another shake for me. Then to add misery I've been watching the food network everyday!

I so under I don't go back to work till April 18 I am a nurse so I use to been busy and taking care of others as well but now I just feel all my emotions because I am home bored n I have alot of time to think back then I didn't have the time because I was always busy

Whoa! Reading these stories certainly takes me back to a time when all I did was regret my actions and cry. I remember a friend who had a previous procedure telling me that it will get better I was in such a depressed state I didn't believe her. But believe me it does and boredom is like our worst enemy. I am three months out and down 73 pounds. As the weight comes off you'll feel better and then you'll do more. But as for right now just focus on your liquids your Vitamins Protein and rest. When I think back to my first week I was so depressed being three months out seemed so far away. Now I'm heading towards month four. Time truly does travel fast and I am blessed. I work out and I go to work but I feel so much better. My only concern is that you eventually I stop hating food because now eating is such a chore and I hate it. But please know that you certainly are not alone and that we have all been in your shoes and that this too shall pass

Push through! Trust me it gets better! When you get to the purée phase you will see that it was all worth it and it gets SO much better. I had the head hunger bad for the 1st 2 weeks.

I had Gastric bypass on Thursday April 23rd. My doctor insist on me staying here until Monday or Tuesday. I still have my drain, I am on airflow oxygen, nothing to eat or drink since the Wednesday before surgery. The doctor wants to do the liquid test on Monday to see if my new stomach will function properly. I have not been hungry, but I am in so much pain and I am on pain meds every 4 hours. When does it goes away? This pain is worst than a c-section and I am starting to regret the surgery.